The online racing simulator
New wheel this year?
(9 posts, started )
#1 - senn
New wheel this year?
i was chatting to someone in game today and they mentioned that logitech will be releasing a new wheel around christmas time, haven't been able to find any specs etc on google, has anyone heard anything? Otherwise i might just upgrade the DFP with a G25...
Would it be this one by any chance?

It's basically a DFP with a horn. Get the G25
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
It's basically a DFP with a horn. Get the G25

Quite the opposite.

It has the technologies tested on G25, so its more of a plastic G25 without H-shifter and clutch, rather than DFP...
#4 - ajp71
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Quite the opposite.

It has the technologies tested on G25, so its more of a plastic G25 without H-shifter and clutch, rather than DFP...

The biggest issue with the DFP was the wheel itself was not rigid enough to cope with the forces applied on it, particularly with strong FF. The only major internal change between the DFP and G25 has been to make the FF system much stronger. A DFP with G25 internals would be much worse than a DFP!
Quote from ajp71 :The biggest issue with the DFP was the wheel itself was not rigid enough to cope with the forces applied on it, particularly with strong FF. The only major internal change between the DFP and G25 has been to make the FF system much stronger. A DFP with G25 internals would be much worse than a DFP!

I found the biggest problem was the motors for the FFB not being 'quick' enough to allow you to wind lock on and off fast enough without breaking your arms.

The only thing better about theDFP than the G25 is the wheel itself. It's nicer to hold and more comfortable imo.
Quote from ajp71 : A DFP with G25 internals would be much worse than a DFP!

I never said it had G25 internals, did I? It has FFB technoligies that were first time implemented in G25, not its internals. FFB became smoother, and way faster than DFP.
#7 - senn
thanks for the input guys, i hope there isn't a new wheel in the wings cos i think its time to replace the DFP with a G25 :P Might pass the dfp on to one of my mates
Or sell it on Ebay! Like what I did
Quote from ajp71 :The biggest issue with the DFP was the wheel itself was not rigid enough to cope with the forces applied on it, particularly with strong FF. The only major internal change between the DFP and G25 has been to make the FF system much stronger. A DFP with G25 internals would be much worse than a DFP!

If i remember correct on SRT they liked the G25 above this wheel but this wheel was better and worse at FFB at some points compared with G25. That sounds logical, it's newer then G25 but only has one engine for FFB. I think the DFGP could be a good wheel if you can't afford a G25.

New wheel this year?
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG