LFS licence question
(28 posts, started )
LFS licence question
hey ive just brought s2 and i was wondering is it valid for all the patchs like upcoming ones or just patch z and if i will ever have to buy s2 again for future patchs thanks in advance
Quote from vl_turbo :hey ive just brought s2 and i was wondering is it valid for all the patchs like upcoming ones or just patch z and if i will ever have to buy s2 again for future patchs thanks in advance

You dont need to buy s2 for each patch.
just when s3 comes (Big patch) then u have to buy, S3.
Quote from aroX123 :You dont need to buy s2 for each patch.
just when s3 comes (Big patch) then u have to buy, S3.

ok thank u very much and for the quick reply
Just as a side note, you should use you S2 licensed account on the forums to avoid any confusion

Welcome to S2!
Quote from MAGGOT :Just as a side note, you should use you S2 licensed account on the forums to avoid any confusion

Welcome to S2!

this will be my account for s2 as im just waiting for my echeck to clear though paypal i am aware of the rules thank you anyway
Ah ok.
And FYI, once you bought S2, S3 will (if nothing on the pricing model changes) only cost the difference of S3 - S2: £36 - £24 = £12
if only moneybookers or visa electron would be as easy..:chairs::hbomb::irked::gnasher::arge::mad::grumpy:
Quote from Leonidae-MFT@GTP :if only moneybookers or visa electron would be as easy..:chairs::hbomb::irked::gnasher::arge::mad::grumpy:

care to explain the problem?
Quote from Victor :care to explain the problem?

I assume he's referring to his post here, although I'm not sure what his problem is, exactly
ah i remember an lfstech mail from him now too, so nm
issue is that moneybookers site doesn't provide enough info to fill out the bank transfer form until you dig around the site.. oh well, I'll go to the bank tomorrow, hopefully it'll have enough info filled out this time. Also, from Nordea they said since it's in-EU payment, there's a fee for it, additional 12 euros or something.. does anyone have any knowledge or experience about this?
Moneybookers _should_ be easy to use for people paying via bank transfer.
You can do local bank transfers to fund your moneybookers account and as such there should be no cost involved for funding your Moneybookers account. Or if your bank always charges bank transfer fees, it would be that, but 12 euro sounds a bit steep. More like you are trying to do an international bank transfer, which should not be needed.

I always thought that Moneybookers send you an email with all instructions like their _local_ bank account number and how much in your own currency to transfer. If they didn't do that, it would indeed be next to impossible for people to use their site.
So I'm thinking you may have missed that information email for some reason, which is why you don't know what to transfer and where.
Are you sure you've entered the correct email address when you filled it in on the Moneybookers account?
Can you login on your Moneybookers account? And if so, can you see the pending payment for your LFS license? Is there anything you can click there to get the bank transfer information again?
It's been years since I used Moneybookers, but from what I remember they do, indeed, give you specific and exact instructions as to what bank account you need to transfer the money to, and what you should add in the description field etc. You just need to pay a bit of attention.

scoped11 Bought his license via Moneybookers not too long ago, and he didn't have much problems.
well, it was banks interpretation of the matter. I will go there again tomorrow and speak about it. I hope they understand this time. and if they will demand 12 euro international transfer fee, I will definitely ask someone to buy me a voucher for the 24gbp/30.62€.. this is exactly the reason why I don't trust internet purchase services :P so many chances to misunderstand..
well, my bank seems to want 12€ extra for the bank transfer, so moneybookers is out of options. I'm going to contact a guy on Finnish LFS-forums who has bought voucher codes for others before. Seriously, there should be some sort of tutorial how this stuff works..
12€ fee for a 30€ bank transfer is ridiculous. Either you're doing something wrong or you're a customer of the worst bank ever.
While you were at the bank you probably should have just got them to write you a money order.

The instructions for that are on our site, basically you hand over cash to the bank and they write you a cheque in pounds (drawn on a UK bank) which you then mail to us.

I don't think they charge much for a money order (cheque).

Anyway good luck however you get there in the end.
I once wanted to transfer some money from my bank here in germany, they wanted to charge me 15EUR for a 20EUR transfer!!! So I asked the company if they had another transfer account. They also had one at 'Deutsche Post'. So it cost me only 5EUR (25EUR intotal) when I paid in cash at their counter.

But really, it's ridiculous pricing in times of EU and globalization...
#20 - Jakg
I'm so glad I can use PayPal.
Moneybooker fees are close to zero if you do it correctly.
Just spend some time reading their (well hidden, non intuitive unfortunately) faq.
http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=fees
Upload fund via bank transfer is free in Finland and Australia.

Extract from their website:

How to instruct a bank transfer to fund my Moneybookers account?
Step 1: Get the bank details for the transaction:
======================================================
Go to: 'Upload Funds' > choose bank transfer as a payment method > You will be provided with bank details.
======================================================
Step 2: You need to submit these details to your bank and instruct it to transfer the funds to the bank account of Moneybookers. Please do not forget to state your customer ID in the reference field of the transaction. In case you can communicate with your bank via online banking, we recommend initiating the transfer directly online to speed up the payment process.
Step 3: The funds should be in your Moneybookers account a few days later.

Please note: we do NOT debit your bank account directly, you must instruct your bank yourself to do this transfer.

I used moneybookers as well to get my license, it only cost me 1.75% change fees and a free bank transfer (free because you send money to a moneybookers account in YOUR country, not in UK. They have accounts in all the countries listed - link above.)

I hope this helps, good luck.
Well, greedy bank hasn't managed to kill my interest for this game, so I'm probably going the voucher route.

Yeah, the instructions were there, and even moneybookers had instructions on their site, but I do not have printer, thus they were pretty much useless. I tried my best to explain them, even wrote on paper what the instructions were, but the staff of the bank obviously lacks english skills.:dunce:

in addition, the bank account mentioned by moneybookers was based on Commerzbank in Frankfurt. something must have been lost in translation..
Quote from Leonidae-MFT@GTP :Well, greedy bank hasn't managed to kill my interest for this game, so I'm probably going the voucher route.

Yeah, the instructions were there, and even moneybookers had instructions on their site, but I do not have printer, thus they were pretty much useless. I tried my best to explain them, even wrote on paper what the instructions were, but the staff of the bank obviously lacks english skills.:dunce:

No instructions to the bank needed - only transfer money from your bank account to a local (finnish) moneybookers account provided by moneybookers (similar to paying a telephone bill through the bank), containing a reference text that will link the transfer to your moneybookers account.
You will then be credited (5-10 days) and can buy on the net from the moneybookers account (instant).
but as I said, they provided german account number.. what gives? besides, I'll probably get a voucher code arranged tomorrow.. but it's good to discuss about this, it might help someone else with similar problems.
I don't understand why you don't use a credit or debit card. I used a visa electron debit card to buy my license, it took 30 seconds. Is there a security problem with that?

LFS licence question
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG