The online racing simulator
New pedals or a G25?
(11 posts, started )
New pedals or a G25?
I have a DFP right now and I'm quite happy with the wheel, but getting more and more frustrated with the pedals (mostly the brake).

If I upgrade, would it be better to go for a G25 or just pedals that are a similar price?

I like the look of the Act Labs RS2006, but can someone tell me how much shipping to the UK would be? or if there is a chance of buying some from the UK.

Basically I just want something with a better feeling brake pedal. I'm not quite sure what my budget will be yet, but under £200 for sure.
I Got my G25 for, 170£ + shipping, and the pedals are great. Sadly it just packed up though

The pedals, will cost you around 100£ then you got shipping.

But, if you got the G25 you get pedals, A nice wheel and a shifter.

So IMO i would get the G25

Racer325
#3 - ajp71
The G25 pedals are not great, but they are passable. There really isn't a satisfactory 3 pedal solution for less than a G25, I know because I was in the same situation and ended up getting a G25.

The first thing I'd change (and did) with a G25 was the wheel itself, it comes with some horribly tacky leather and untreated aluminium wheel that is horrible to use that was evidently made in China. Thankfully the G25 accepts a standard pre-drilled racing wheel so I just put the one from my Frex adapted DFP onto the G25 and only lost the functionallity of the two litte buttons on the wheel. The result is both far better to use and instantly looses the cheap and cheerful look of the standard G25. You don't have to open the wheel cover to change the wheel and if your careful could reassemble it to convincing factory spec for warranty issues.

The pedals are a lot better than the DFP though, positioning isn't great, not as good as on the Fantec wheel. Quality is reasonable though. I have left them standard for now but I think the most useful modification would be Leo's pedal box, the lack of fidelity is particuarly apparant on the throttle in more powerful cars (which is an issue in other sims but not really LFS atm).

You can get a G25 for under £160 delivered from Amazon.
Meh. Now that you've said that AJP I'm tempted to get a different wheel for mine...

Commando R, or Momo Team or finally Momo Jet..

Which one is better? xD
#5 - ajp71
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Meh. Now that you've said that AJP I'm tempted to get a different wheel for mine...

Commando R, or Momo Team or finally Momo Jet..

Which one is better? xD

A seamless suede racing wheel. Something like one of these:

http://www.momo-uk.co.uk/galle ... ering%20wheels%202008.htm

Be careful though because the smaller (formula) wheels are often not pre-drilled. You can get them pre-drilled from some places including the Frex GP website. The standard 3 hole racing wheels will bolt onto the same boss as the 6 hole road/G25 wheels.
The lightest possible wheel is probably best. Lighter wheel makes force feedback work easier. So it will feel stronger.

Do you happen to know which one is the lightest?

If you do please post.
OooOo.

Well I found the one I'd be willing to buy. It's the one in this picture but I can't seem to find a visual match on thier somewhat limited steering wheel list

Edit : Nvm, found it as the sparco fsn

Retails at around £110 :jawdrop:
#8 - senn
steer clear of the active labs shifter, i've been told they break with great frequency by ppl, usually the springs + microswitches in them. and i've just switched from a DFP to a g25, the difference is HUGE, especially the feel of the FFB, its worth getting one ($269AUD) which is what i paid for mine today. It's still listed as $500 on logi's website lol...
#9 - ajp71
Quote from S14 DRIFT :OooOo.

Well I found the one I'd be willing to buy. It's the one in this picture but I can't seem to find a visual match on thier somewhat limited steering wheel list

Edit : Nvm, found it as the sparco fsn

Retails at around £110 :jawdrop:

The wheel in that photo is a Momo one, most likely a 280mm (11") one mounted on a Frex GP adapted DFP.
Wait what... Uhm.

Oh, the Momo Model 11? Dammit xD

Not paying £140 for it from them, and all undrilled ones are simular price as the Sparco.

Found uh.. this, rather like it. Think I might be getting this one in Suede
I would say invest the money in a set for standalone pedals that last you a lifetime like the CST or ECCI. I got the CST and they are extremely near perfection

Having good pedals seem to do even more for the immersion. Also the hardest skill is braking and you do control the cars just as much if not more with the the pedals then with your steering. You can later on get another wheel and don´t care about if they have crappy pedals or not since you will only use them in some arcade titles perhaps.

So go for new pedals. G25 is better than the DFP in some aspects and worse in some. I didn´t like the lack of resistance in the G25 and some other things so I sold it and am now racing with the 911 wheel and CST pedals.

If you replace the wheel on the G25 it quickly gets more expensive then the 911 wheel which have a decent wheel already. doesn´t have the look of a racing wheel but I only see the top third while racing anyway and the more realistic resistance and feel makes up for it.

New pedals or a G25?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG