The online racing simulator
Rbr
(15 posts, started )
Rbr
Yeah, so i got richard burns rally awhile ago, my requirements for this game are over, the recommended, and it lags, big time, it takes around 10 minutes for it to load up ect, i have no problem playing any other games, grid ect.
What about system specs, os? Have you tried the RichardBurnsRallyeSSE.exe instead of the original EXE?
Make sure you have the settings right, try minimum first and make sure the 1.2 patch is installed.
AMD Athlon Dual Core 2.10GHz

2000MB of ram, graphics card Nvidia 9600

Also, tried running on min settings let's see what patch

#5 - samjh
My old setup was only half as fast as yours, but RBR ran perfectly fine with it (full graphics quality).

Try the 1.2 patch, and also try updating your DirectX version (something most people don't know is that Microsoft keeps updating DirectX 9.0c) - download the latest runtime from the Microsoft website. Try the latest Nvidia driver too.
Got, the 1.2 patch Min graphics, running at 800x600 16 bit, so crap graphics and still laging. My comp, works fine lfs, cod 4 ect..
Strange. Try using both RichardBurnsRally_NoSSE.exe and RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe, running it without the CD (1.2 lets you do this). If that doesn't work post the contents of RichardBurnsRally.cfg and I'll see if anything is wrong.
I'm on my brothers computer, now and he's only got the demo, he has the same specs as me and his lags too.
Hmm, god knows.

Try looking here and if you can't find a solution post there, they will have a better idea than us.

Hope you get it working.
Have you got forced AA and AF turned on? RBR was not designed for AA and AF.
Weirdly enough, turning the sound quality down to basic in audio properties made a big difference for me. Got rid of the lag. Found the hint on the RBR forum in RSC.
Yeah it was the sound that caused problems for me also. I had to change the number of audio chanells to 12 in the audio.cfg before the game was playable, it kept crashing before that, but no lag though just random freezes.
Thanks for the help ive know fixed, it the problem was i had a Saitek gaming keyboard and making the game lag. Here's how to fix, (not my guide)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you describe sounds exactly like what I went through after I started using a Saitek gaming keyboard. The slow fps in menu and game wouldn't go away until I applied a fix I found at the Saitek help forum. No other games were affected.

Not sure if you are experiencing the same sort of thing. But for what it's worth my fix was:

"In Device Manager - Click the plus sign next to Human Interface Devices in the list of devices and you should see one or two (maybe more) entries called USB Human Interface Device. You need to disable one of them by right-clicking it and choosing Disable from the drop-down list of options.
Note: If you have only two such entries there in Device Manager then only one will be able to be disabled - the other will have the disable option greyed out in the drop-down list when you right click it. If however you have more than two such entries in Device Manager then you will need to ewnsure that you disable the correct one. This is done by double clicking on each one in turn and looking at what it says next to Location on the Properties page. The one that should be disabled will say USB Gaming Keyboard Pro next to Location. Once you have disabled that then try the game again and it should work fine."

Maybe you have a USB conflict of somekind too.
lol @ a keyboard causing lag.

Well glad you fixed it, enjoy the game!
Hehe yeah , thankyou for pointing me too RSC.

Rbr
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG