The online racing simulator
Logitech g25
(9 posts, started )
Logitech g25
Hi, i have a logitech G25 but, i wanted to fit a racing wheel on it, How could i do this and, would it last long, as the wheel is qutie abit heavier. Shrug

Thanks.
o.o?

I'm sure if you google there would be a company offering replacement 'wheel hubs' for G25's, but it'd a) Invalidate your warranty and b) Be a bloody pain in the ass unless you can do without the 2 wheel buttons.

Why don't you just leave the G25 alone since it's a bloody brilliant piece of kit as it is? Uh-hu
Becuase, I have a 300$ racing wheel that came, with a car i bought.

So yeah.. I can also do away with the 2 buttons but would like the metal padals.

Also, i have found nothing about replacing the wheels with real ones.
Then maybe that's because it's not as simple as swapping over the wheel hub. It has sensors for position and the force feedback thing. If you managed to change the wheel you would probbably have to change the paddles too.

If I were you I'd be happy with what I have. Smile

(Car wheel =/= Game wheel)

Won't fit, drop the plans Frown
That sucks, i saw the new Frex racing wheel costing around 1200£ but able to use REAL momo's ect. with it Shrug

Ah well. Smile
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Then maybe that's because it's not as simple as swapping over the wheel hub. It has sensors for position and the force feedback thing. If you managed to change the wheel you would probbably have to change the paddles too.

If I were you I'd be happy with what I have. Smile

Won't fit, drop the plans Frown

Thats absolutly NOT true. If you ever took the wheel off your G25 you'd know it. There are only two wires coming to the red buttons on the wheel, and thats all. You can easily take the wheel off, by unplugging those wires. Putting another wheel should be easy, because G25's wheel is mounted on 6 bolts (which you can see around the Logitech logo, so if the distance between bolt holes of your aftermarket wheel matches, there is nothing stoping you from doing so. Flappy paddles will remain untouched as they are connected to the wheel column only.

Regarding durability, as the wheel is heavier, it might put extra load on motors, so you'd need to rise the FFB. Extra weight might influence on motors life, but I have no idea how much.

There are quite a lot of G25s with aftermarket wheels fitted, so you're not the first one with such ideaTilt

Ofcourse it invalidates warranty, so make your decisions wisely Wink
I don't use FFB much, as some times i feel it's unrealistic i race, track days sometimes and I never feel the wheel takes me, left right left right, when cornering ect, Smile

But Yeah, i also didnt know if would effect the motion censor, as i wouldn't want to kill my g25 Tilt
#8 - ajp71
Quote from S14 DRIFT :o.o?

I'm sure if you google there would be a company offering replacement 'wheel hubs' for G25's, but it'd a) Invalidate your warranty and b) Be a bloody pain in the ass unless you can do without the 2 wheel buttons.

Why don't you just leave the G25 alone since it's a bloody brilliant piece of kit as it is? Uh-hu

The wheel that comes with the G25 looks horrible and is horrible to hold, the stitching is poor and get in the way and leather isn't as easy to grip as suede, especially on such a small diameter wheel.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Then maybe that's because it's not as simple as swapping over the wheel hub. It has sensors for position and the force feedback thing. If you managed to change the wheel you would probbably have to change the paddles too.

Don't make up bullshit about something that you have no clue about to try and grow your e-penis. All the sensors and internals are inside the wheel housing, not in the steering boss. To change to an aftermarket wheel all you have to do is unscrew the wheel and unclip the two connectors for the buttons on the wheel. The paddles are attached to the boss.

Quote :

Wrong the wheel that comes with the G25 would bolt straight onto the majority of racing cars which use the standard pattern (3 or 6 screw) pre-drilled steering wheels. As such you could use any adapter to fit a different wheel that you can get from a motorsport parts supplier.
G25 Wheel : Looks horrible, Yes. Horrible to hold? Kind of. Poor stitching? Uhm, well I've had mine for (nearly) 2 years and it's still pretty good apart from the edges where your hands go at the 9 and 3 o clock postions.

After all, this is after all, a game. A simulator it may be, but a game nevertheless. Some people need to take themselves less seriously.

I don't have an E-Penis mate. I don't give two shits what people think of me, especially over the internet, where in 90% of cases I'll never meet any of you. I'l make that very clear from the outset. Maybe it's you who has the E-Penis? You seem awfully confrontational.

I said "then maybe". I didn't say "blah I'd opened up and have seen this then definatly etc....."

I made an assumption, and hey,guess what! I was incorrect.

Big deal. Before you jump the gun, again, analyse some of my vocabulary.

"Probbably, maybe" Words like that suggest. They are neither firm nor concrete.

Logitech g25
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG