The online racing simulator
Is Moneybookers secure or not?
good news first - Im getting LFS S2 !!! =) lol

bad news - my mum never pays stuff online and she was going to get me lfs through moneybookers. i just wanted to ask if anyone has done this payment method and could confirm it is fully secure..

thanks!
#2 - Jakg
it is, else LFS wouldn't accept it for fear they could be blamed for the scam
yeah i suppose ur right =) thanks
Any way that LFS accepts payment should be fully secure. I still can't believe some people don't trust the internet for purchasing, so long as you avoid scam websites and phising attacks (which are usually not particularly sophisticated), it's safer than using a credit card in a shop. With the exception of food, everything I buy gets ordered over the net and has done for a few years.
Quote from Bob Smith :Any way that LFS accepts payment should be fully secure. I still can't believe some people don't trust the internet for purchasing, so long as you avoid scam websites and phising attacks (which are usually not particularly sophisticated), it's safer than using a credit card in a shop. With the exception of food, everything I buy gets ordered over the net and has done for a few years.

yeah, i just told my mum and she finally believes me so, i might be getting LFS within the next couple of days, see you guys around!! hehe
Quote from Bob Smith :Any way that LFS accepts payment should be fully secure. I still can't believe some people don't trust the internet for purchasing, so long as you avoid scam websites and phising attacks (which are usually not particularly sophisticated), it's safer than using a credit card in a shop. With the exception of food, everything I buy gets ordered over the net and has done for a few years.

The best phishing emails are the ones to get your steam account information. Saying you are going to beta test the next half life or something. Normally the email is somethnig like: [email protected]
anyway, say i buy lfs today, when would i get my code thing..?
Quote from dez-2k7 :anyway, say i buy lfs today, when would i get my code thing..?

When the devs receives the money, and that depends what method you are using to pay. Don't know about moneybookers, but at least credit cards are pretty much instant.
its not a code as such, unless you buy a voucher. Just a second password you will have to make. You have the game password and the web password. You will get an email telling you the payment is complete, and you can go to the live for speed website and make you game password. Note: you cannont change your username after you buy a lisence, so make sure your name is what you want to be known as.
Quote from Bob Smith :With the exception of food, everything I buy gets ordered over the net and has done for a few years.

My other half does the weekly Tescos shop online
If I didn't go out and buy food I'd never see a) cash or b) daylight.

DTrott - the lesson to be learnt is a) don't use steam or other useful but annoying services and b) don't bank with Barclays.
Quote from Bob Smith :If I didn't go out and buy food I'd never see a) cash or b) daylight.

You should get out more then, for sure

Quote :DTrott - the lesson to be learnt is a) don't use steam or other useful but annoying services and b) don't bank with Barclays.

Surely if you get an email from a Yahoo account pretending to be something official, and believe it, you're better off retiring from life altogether!
I bought LFS with moneybookers and as you can see, it works.

It took about three days for the money to appear on the moneybookers web page and from there I could get the licence instantly.
Well, just trust what seems to be OK. If anything seems a bit suspicious to you, don't trust them, or search a bit to know if it is good. If you get something as "enter your credit card number here so we can tell you if it has been stolen"... well...
MoneyBookers is ok. I bought my license this way and a friend of mine did also. No worries...

Yep, me too.

My job a few years back was to sell used electronics equipment on eBay. I did probably twenty to fourth auctions every day for a year and a half or so. Thousands and thousands of them (our department did probably 40,000 in that time). PayPal was 99+% fool proof. I can recall maybe two or three problems in the whole department that occurred, and they were a result of people trying to scam us. Not the other way around or PayPal making a mistake.

Granted, the OP isn't talking about PayPal, but the point is online stuff is much more secure than many people seem to believe.
I know this woman who has a credit card, but never wants to buy anything with it online. When I asked her why she said she doesn't trust the internet. *dramatic music and lightning strikes* But she has no problem inputing her PIN at the supermarket for everyone to see, doesn't ever cover her hand and uses only the finger so it's easy to see the code if you watch hand movement. Then all it takes is to wait for her outside and rob her. We all know how the signature is checked, you can probably just put an "X" as your signature and they would accept it.
Quote from kurent : But she has no problem inputing her PIN at the supermarket for everyone to see, doesn't ever cover her hand and uses only the finger so it's easy to see the code if you watch hand movement. Then all it takes is to wait for her outside and rob her.

GB changed over to chip and PIN - chip and PIN is just as insecure as chip and signature. Biometrics would basically make fraud impossible.
well, moneybookers website doesn't give enough info to fill the bank transfer form. I tried.. I'm going to try the visa electron-method now. screw moneybookers..

ummm.. what does this mean?

Quote :AVS/CV2 checks can help us to protect you against fraud. AVS stands for Address Verification Service and CV2 is the 3 or 4 digit security code found on most cards.

Billing Address

The billing address is the address to which your card is issued. If your transaction is failing it may be due to your card issuer holding the wrong billing address.

does it want the account number or what?
It means it needs your card number, address (AVS) and the last 3 digits on the signature strip (CV2).
either method is one hell of a hassle..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG