The online racing simulator
Train Simulators?
(35 posts, started )
Train Simulators?
hey guys (and girls) what is a good train simulator for the PC? i don't mind paying but preferbibly not to much
Microsoft Train Simulator is the best, and only one. that you should consider

If you don't want to pay, I'm pretty much certain you can get a good quality torrent, maybe even with some Addons. If not, it's kinda hard to find, although they don't cost too much second hand.
ok thx guys and know one more question do you guys know of and good realistic modern FPS games that you have to be tactical COD4 is to new for my comp cause it can't run it but games that are about 2 years old should work. i've already heard about AMerica's Army and ArmA and Operation Flashpoint
What's so cool about driving a train? I mean, you cant even choose where you go.
Quote from swisscosmo :ok thx guys and know one more question do you guys know of and good realistic modern FPS games that you have to be tactical COD4 is to new for my comp cause it can't run it but games that are about 2 years old should work. i've already heard about AMerica's Army and ArmA and Operation Flashpoint

COD2 or Brothers in Arms.
Quote from Riders Motion :What's so cool about driving a train? I mean, you cant even choose where you go.

Same reason for playing with a train set.
I was going to suggest finding a loud business man on a mobile phone, 2 chav girls having an arguement, and a heavy smoker, then cramming yourselfs into a locker, and having it towed down a flight of stairs by a pack of hamsters, making sure you reached your destination 2 hours late.

That would be an accurate simulation of travel on the trains in the UK, but it's not for the PC, so...
Quote from swisscosmo :ok thx guys and know one more question do you guys know of and good realistic modern FPS games that you have to be tactical COD4 is to new for my comp cause it can't run it but games that are about 2 years old should work. i've already heard about AMerica's Army and ArmA and Operation Flashpoint

Quote from [UKR] Race King :COD2 or Brothers in Arms.

COD and Brothers in Arms arnt really tactical shooters to be honest. Although, all the COD games are pure class, Brothers in Arms ain't so good, but it is better than Medal of Honour.

Swisscommo, other than the ones you mention, take a look at Ghost Recon 1 and Hidden and Dangerous 2, both are more shoot-em-up based, but both have a strong tactical element and both are very realistic (as opposed to arcade style) Take a look at any of the other Tom Clancy games too, eg the Rainbow SIx series. Company of Heroes might be worth a look at, but its an RTS rather than an FPS game, so might not be what you're after.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I was going to suggest finding a loud business man on a mobile phone, 2 chav girls having an arguement, and a heavy smoker, then cramming yourselfs into a locker, and having it towed down a flight of stairs by a pack of hamsters, making sure you reached your destination 2 hours late.

That would be an accurate simulation of travel on the trains in the UK, but it's not for the PC, so...

I laughed xD

Reminded me of a time that The General Lee and myself were coming back from the Moo meet up, and we were delayed by about 7 hours xD Good times

Area 51
Red Faction
Half Life 2 <- Very Recomended
The elder Scroll Oblivion
Unreal 2: The Awakening
Far Cry
Tron 2.0 <- Very Recomended
Hitman 2
Splinter cell 1 ,2,3
I though MS cancelled MSTS2, and then un-cancelled it, and the cancelled it again... or something...

I'm still stuck with MSTS1... which is 7 years old
Re : MS train sim

I haven't been bothered to get any mods (I find it sad that the original content is mainly US centric but that's what you get if Mike Rowe Soft make it). I can find MS Train Sim new (in the Xplosive release) on play.com for £7 (14 USD) but that's a site that doesn't do any dealings with the US. It will run on a typewriter and is fun if you like that sort of thing.

Thank you for reminding me, I'm going hunting for a London Underground mod
ok guys thx for the sudgestions
Battlefield 2 plus the Project Reality mod.

Pretty descent realism, no health bar, ammo counter etc. Bleeding after a certain amount of health loss etc.

realitymod.com

Sarge.
Quote from duke_toaster :Re : MS train sim

I haven't been bothered to get any mods (I find it sad that the original content is mainly US centric but that's what you get if Mike Rowe Soft make it). I can find MS Train Sim new (in the Xplosive release) on play.com for £7 (14 USD) but that's a site that doesn't do any dealings with the US. It will run on a typewriter and is fun if you like that sort of thing.

Thank you for reminding me, I'm going hunting for a London Underground mod

It depends on the scenery if it runs on a typewriter :P The game engine isn't very good. I have the Rotterdam metro network, that scenery even slows down on a dual core E8400 with 2GB ram and it still looks crap compared to todays standards
The stock content does.
have you guys tried Sid Meier's RailRoads best train game there is
Quote from Inouva :Area 51
Red Faction
Half Life 2 <- Very Recomended
The elder Scroll Oblivion
Unreal 2: The Awakening
Far Cry
Tron 2.0 <- Very Recomended
Hitman 2
Splinter cell 1 ,2,3

I found Half Life 2 rather buggy, to the point where I'm stuck in No_clip mode and none of the commands in the world will get me out of it.

The best FPS game I've played is COD4, it has a great storyline, awesome multiplayer, characters that you learn to love, and the bloke from the Injury Lawyers for You advert in it

Failing that, play through Farcry (will get hard/scary), then play through FEAR. That's an awesome game, with a gripping storyline, and genuinly scary moments. After that, Crysis and then a casual play of CS:S when you're bored
Last horror-type game I played was the original Resi Evil. I got about half way through (currently just outside the mansion :shrug and just kinda gave up...I'd like to play more of 'em though, with better graphics. Resi was kind of a few pixelated blobs in the general outline of a person

Completed COD4, brilliant game. I'm looking at STALKER, Farcry, Bioshock, Crysis and of course FEAR now, not sure which to go with
I've tried STALKER. I liked the concept so I gave it a try, but the graphics aren't as good as they look on the box, it's very complicated, the UI could be more clear, and there wasn't any AUTOSAVE, so I closed it after 3 hours only to find I had to restart.

I'd suggest FEAR and Crysis, both can probbably be got from the Bargin bin Pre-owned section for cheap

(FarCry is kinda basically the previous Crysis, although not related Story-wise. I hear there's a Crysis 2 coming out? o.o)
I shall have a look in Gamestop Wednesday so for Crysis and/or FEAR. I'm too poor now-a-days to afford new releases anyway, so bargain bin suits me perfect
xD

Talking of which, save up your pocket money for Farcry 2

I'm wetting my pants just thinking about it

OMG OCTOBER 24TH!!! WOOT. I WANT IT.

Will have to replace my RAM by then with 2 new sticks xD

Train Simulators?
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG