The online racing simulator
plus lewis coasted over the chicane and only started accelerating when fully on track.....
Some of the comments here are gold, especially from the Hamilton Fan Club.
Quote from tristancliffe :Some of the comments here are gold, especially from the Hamilton Fan Club.

Are you going to post your view then?
Quote from Linsen :Not sure if the inboard has been posted, but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70rXr2Mkq_M

For some reason it doesn't seem like Hamilton lifted to let Kimi by, he seems to accelerate 100% after cutting the chicane. However, Kimi still gets by. Either, Lewis didn't have the momentum or he deliberately accelerated more slowly than he could have. Not sure what to make of it, tbh.

Is it just me, or do you think it's possible that Lewis could have held off the throttle and slot in behind Kimi, therefore avoiding the cut. I know that Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but maybe that's what bothering the stewards more than anything else
Nope. Besides, I learnt a lot about hitting walls myself this weekend, so I can't talk
Quote from dungbeetle :Really?

And did Klien then stuff it into the wall before the finish so it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference anyway?

That's a stupid position to take. It's like saying you'll award a penalty and send a player off for denying a goalscoring opportunity in football but if the penalty is scored you'll let the sent off player back on.

Get a grip. It does not matter that Kimi didn't finish. it does not matter that Kimi squeezed him off the road. The sporting regs and international code do not caveat the rules by saying, "Oh well, if he's tries to overtake on the outside, on slicks, in the wet and the guy taking the inside line drifts wide forcing him over the tarmac runoff then it's open season - ignore the rules."

Hamilton initiated the whole situation by attempting the pass - everything flows from there. Maybe Kimi should get a 5 place grid penalty for forcing Hamilton wide, but then again given the grip / tyre situation he was not going to be able to take a tight line in an stay there. Hamilton should have expected that.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Is it just me, or do you think it's possible that Lewis could have held off the throttle and slot in behind Kimi, therefore avoiding the cut. I know that Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but maybe that's what bothering the stewards more than anything else

thats what i fear, it looked as if he could of exited the chicane without cutting it :/
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Is it just me, or do you think it's possible that Lewis could have held off the throttle and slot in behind Kimi, therefore avoiding the cut. I know that Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but maybe that's what bothering the stewards more than anything else

Possibly - he didn't have to leap left and gas it looking at the inboard. At the point he gave up using the track he was behind so could have eased off.
Quote from tristancliffe :Some of the comments here are gold, especially from the Hamilton Fan Club.

Proud to be of service Lord Tristan.

What did happen with you and that wall?

I wasn't even paying attention to the first part, but upon reviewing it, you might actually be right. I wouldn't know as I've never driven an F1 car, but it does seem like he could have slotted in behind Kimi instead of cutting. If that is the case, the penalty would certainly be much more debatable than I initially thought.

As are some of the comments from the Hamilton Hate Club.

My 2p, the stewards decision was an utter disgrace and makes a complete mockery of what used to be called a sport. I can only hope an appeal is put in and the results are changed during this week. (if only to get a few more points on Zee)

I missed the live race so had to make do with the rather abbreviated highlights show on ITV, but did Rosberg get a drive through after he cut the chicane at the bus stop on the opening few laps ?
Quote from Mazz4200 :I missed the live race so had to make do with the rather abbreviated highlights show on ITV, but did Rosberg get a drive through after he cut the chicane at the bus stop on the opening few laps ?

Hehe, no.

Even Trulli wasn't penalized for rejoining the track right in front of other drivers.
I am just thinking back to Laguna Seca Stoner Vs Rossi and the corkscrew incident where Rossi ran off the track but held postion and possibly gained an unfair advan... oh sorry I got lost there. I must remind myself that MotoGP is PROPER racing where overtaking is not frowned upon by the stewards.... lol
Quote from Mazz4200 :I missed the live race so had to make do with the rather abbreviated highlights show on ITV, but did Rosberg get a drive through after he cut the chicane at the bus stop on the opening few laps ?

What did Mr Allen make of Hamilton's penalty on the highlight's show?
Quote from zeugnimod :Hehe, no.

Even Trulli wasn't penalized for rejoining the track right in front of other drivers.

Hmmm, guess they didn't overtake any Fer.. nope, not gonna say it, don't wanna join in with any conspiracy theories.

Quote from Intrepid :I am just thinking back to Laguna Seca Stoner Vs Rossi and the corkscrew incident where Rossi ran off the track but held postion and possibly gained an unfair advan... oh sorry I got lost there. I must remind myself that MotoGP is PROPER racing where overtaking is not frowned upon by the stewards.... lol

With you on every word with that one.

Now who is the governing body that oversees Moto GP again ?

[edit] to answer Dave: Allen wasn't featured in the post race aftermath, infact it was quite noticeable in the language they used as to not cast any judgement on the decision. Although there was an underlying hit of cynicism and the inevitable question of how it reflects on the credibility of the sport. It'll definitely be worth keeping half on eye on the ITV F1 website this week. I'm really looking forward to hear Brundles views.
Alan: It's also run under completely different regulations.

Nope, not that i recall.

Quote from Linsen :Not sure if the inboard has been posted, but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70rXr2Mkq_M

For some reason it doesn't seem like Hamilton lifted to let Kimi by, he seems to accelerate 100% after cutting the chicane. However, Kimi still gets by. Either, Lewis didn't have the momentum or he deliberately accelerated more slowly than he could have. Not sure what to make of it, tbh.

Im not sure whether he lifts or if he keeps it floored, however one thing he does do which is clear of what his intentions are, is he ALLOWED Kimi to get past him, he didnt block and try and hold onto the lead after cutting.
So for anyone to suggest he's trying to gain by cutting, would be incorrect IMO, however i guess the issue is simply the fact that despite giving the position back he still was able to take it back straight away, but that was despite Kimi being allowed through cleanly, him having a 4mph (or was it kph?) speed avantage over the S/F line, and having the opportunity to defend the corner, instead he decided to wiggle his car around under Lewis's nose and leave the door wide open for the pass.

Lewis did nothing short of avoid an incident after being forced off the track, and accepting Kimi's invitation to the pass when the door was opened and Lewis thanked him for it.

I'd say its a tough call though, but whats frustraiting is that it seems that whenever its a debatable issue, Ferrari get let off with 50/50's however Mclaren always seem to be punished for them, and its happening time and time again.
Quote from tristancliffe :Alan: It's also run under completely different regulations.

errr... yh duuuuuhhhhhh!

Just highlighting proper race series don't penalise drivers/riders for this complete nonsence.
Fortunately neither did they in this case in F1
Quote from DeKo :How is a drive through ever 25 seconds? As far as i know, an average pit stop, including pit entry and exit, costs the driver about 25 seconds. a drive through only costs the driver about 15 seconds, so how can they justify this?

easy, Massa was 23sec behind so...
#421 - AMB

And all of your comments are.... Funny... as in funny because your an idiot,

I take it your not a Hamilton fan.

I'll check back later for your smartass response.
Quote :Some of the comments here are gold, especially from the Hamilton Fan Club.

I will freely admit to wanting Hamilton to win, although i'd like him to win fairly in an even championship - however I also stated quite clearly in this thread after reviewing the full video that i'm open to constructive argument against my points as to why Hamilton should be penalised.

I think the chicane was Hamilton's corner, I think he more than absolved any fault when he ceded position. On the downside I think he ceded position in a manner that gave him the option to repass Kimi given that Kimi was driving like a twat in the wet conditions, and I think Kimi drove like a twat both in this incident and the other two incidents I highlighted earlier that he should be disqualified and have his place in F1 reviewed for (overtaking under yellow is bordering on the criminal - it isnt criminal because that would be silly, but it is that serious. As for using run off as race track, well if he had been the one in a silver car..... lol).
If you watch the external camera it certainly doesn't look like Hamilton could just lift off to get back behind Raikkonen halfway through the chicane. The cars are still substantially overlapping, and they're travelling quite slowly at that point. I think it would've taken brakes to get back behind him.

I'm not quite sure what the point is in arguing about how much / whether Hamilton lifted off the throttle to let Raikkonen back; the point is, Raikkonen was clearly a full car length ahead of Hamilton during the length of the straight, so he had the position back. How it was done doesn't really matter. I don't think either was close to full throttle during the straight. Certainly Raikkonen couldn't possibly have been, or else it would not have been possible for Hamilton to gain on him slightly after returning the position; if they'd both been accelerating at the same rate, given that Hamilton logically *must* have started from a slower speed, Raikkonen would inevitably gain on Hamilton (even without the fact that the Ferrari has slightly superior acceleration). The only way the battle could possibly have worked out the way it did is if Hamilton is accelerating harder than Raikkonen up the straight *after* giving back the position.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :That's a stupid position to take. It's like saying you'll award a penalty and send a player off for denying a goalscoring opportunity in football but if the penalty is scored you'll let the sent off player back on.

Get a grip. It does not matter that Kimi didn't finish. it does not matter that Kimi squeezed him off the road. The sporting regs and international code do not caveat the rules by saying, "Oh well, if he's tries to overtake on the outside, on slicks, in the wet and the guy taking the inside line drifts wide forcing him over the tarmac runoff then it's open season - ignore the rules."

Hamilton initiated the whole situation by attempting the pass - everything flows from there. Maybe Kimi should get a 5 place grid penalty for forcing Hamilton wide, but then again given the grip / tyre situation he was not going to be able to take a tight line in an stay there. Hamilton should have expected that.

Well, if, and I quote, "the sporting regs and international code do not caveat the rules", then perhaps you'd care to explain why, in your rude and condescending opinion, Massa didn't get a DT for his pit lane infraction in Valencia.
Pushing your opponent off the track will
also prevent you from beeing overtaken
in the next turn 'cuse he isn't allowed to?
Now, what sense does that make?

I'm glad Massa had no advantage by beeing anywhere but on-track here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 5Ixas&feature=related

The only rule that would make any sense
is beeing allowed to take the advantage
of short-cutting if you are forced to short-
cut by your opponent. That's what happens
between Kubica and Masse and probably
the reason why nobody yelled then.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG