The online racing simulator
ctra needs bigger servers... or something
i woke up this morning ready to race, so i fired up lfs and found that ctra single seater 2 was doing FO8 on BL1... okay, join up, get kicked several times... realize i need a ctra license, get that, realize i still can't join it until i have enough points... so i decided to join ctra race 1... i sat there for half an hour, about 5 races or so, jamming the join button.

can ctra get bigger servers? purty please?

edit: thank you for putting up with my gripe.
The single seater licences are seperate to the tin tops so you'd need to race in single seater 1 to get the licence for single seater 2.

There are 4 entry level servers, or is it 3 (UF-BR?) and you should find room on one of them. You can keep an eye on how busy other servers are with the $server command, and switch over when there is room.
i see "race 1" "uf-br" and "single seater 1"...

didn't want to race with the UF, nor the FBM. i guess i'll have to be more patient, or maybe find another server.

i just think there should be more beginner level servers.

thanks for letting me rant.
Well, you picked the day of the week when CTRA 1 is busiest. But at any rate, as Becky said, racing on CTRA 1 won't help you get into SS2. To get into SS2 you need to earn Single Seater points, which you can only do in SS1.
I wish there could be too! Sadly though if there are more than tier1 server they both die off and you're left with nobody to race=)
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :I wish there could be too! Sadly though if there are more than tier1 server they both die off and you're left with nobody to race=)

haha he is so right, i drive on my own on ss3 or with complete aliens lol, would be nice to even things up a lil bit
#7 - Dru
Quote from peterules :haha he is so right, i drive on my own on ss3 or with complete aliens lol, would be nice to even things up a lil bit

lol i'd hardly call me an alien Peter
Quote from Dru :lol i'd hardly call me an alien Peter

Yeah you are! All you lot from CR seem almost untouchable

Anyways, keeping to the post topic - I've never had trouble getting into SS1 servers. Sometimes i've had to wait a race or 2 but during peak hours that seems understandable!
#9 - Bean0
Quote from peterules :Yeah you are! All you lot from CR seem almost untouchable

You have seen my feeble attempts in those horrible roofless cars ?
Quote from Bean0 :You have seen my feeble attempts in those horrible roofless cars ?

I've seen you trying and didn't look all bad to me!! Practise makes perfect - well thats what my girlfrind always tell me hahaha!
(sorry for ranting on a bit - bored at work)
#11 - SamH
For the record, you are not permitted to race FJR on SS3. Despite the fact that you can *physically* do so - and when I have time, I will add code to the X-System to stop that, if it becomes necessary - as it says on the website, SS3 is BF1 and FO8.

The term "voluntary restrictions" is coined by the LFS devs and refers to the *method* of adding intake and weight restrictions to LFS cars. It does not imply that you can add whatever restrictions to FO8 or other cars voluntarily ad-hoc within the CTRA X-System, and most especially not if doing so places you in a CTRA class definition for a car that is not explicitly for the server you are racing on. I hope that's clear now.
Quote from SamH :For the record, you are not permitted to race FJR on SS3. I hope that's clear now.

Loud and clear!! Thanks
Quote from bunder9999 :i woke up this morning ready to race, so i fired up lfs and found that ctra single seater 2 was doing FO8 on BL1... okay, join up, get kicked several times... realize i need a ctra license, get that, realize i still can't join it until i have enough points... so i decided to join ctra race 1... i sat there for half an hour, about 5 races or so, jamming the join button.

can ctra get bigger servers? purty please?

edit: thank you for putting up with my gripe.

Just a tip : when you have a full grid on CTRA 1, you have very very very often some contacts in the first corners. So you have often 1 or 2 guys who go spectating. Then you watch the leader, and press shift+j just when he finish the first split of the second lap. And then...... you're in ! That works very well for me, even when server is full.
#14 - SamH
Quote from SamH :shift+J

Oh yes, indeed ! (I have some little problems to remember all the shortcuts in LFS... :schwitz
Sorry, knows anyone this Prob???

Since 3 or 4 days i have Problems to stay on CTRA Server 3 ( Serv 1 the same )

Sometimes i can drive 1 or 2 hours in a row without any Probs, mostly in the Evening i lost the concection to the Server after a few Minutes. Mostly is Prob for that i get disconnected for a long time.

Of course, it ist not my I-net!

On other Servers, esp. Teamserver or Cupserer i have NO Problems.

Hope that anyon can help me!?

Tks
Quote from Big.H :Sorry, knows anyone this Prob???

Since 3 or 4 days i have Problems to stay on CTRA Server 3 ( Serv 1 the same )

Sometimes i can drive 1 or 2 hours in a row without any Probs, mostly in the Evening i lost the concection to the Server after a few Minutes. Mostly is Prob for that i get disconnected for a long time.

Of course, it ist not my I-net!

On other Servers, esp. Teamserver or Cupserer i have NO Problems.

Hope that anyon can help me!?

Tks

I had this exact same problem. Sam and Dustin recommended I delay or disable my results at the end of race. (command $prefs in a ctra server). I haven't had a disconnect since. If I want to see the race results I wait until everyone has finished the race and then type $results to see the race results. It has something to do with either the server or my client pc not being able to send or recieve the insim data fast enough. I also notice that the results update over and over until all drivers have finished. So this is flooding repeated insim data and is bad for me since I am so far from their servers.

Does this happen during races or only after you have completed the race?

Hope this helps.

Jay Odom
My disconnects are not spezified at a moment, sometimes at the Start of a Race, sometimes in the middle, also when im in spectated Modus
I don't know if this has been asked already or not...

Where are the LRF gone on CTRA?...
Quote from 1303s_vortech :I don't know if this has been asked already or not...

Where are the LRF gone on CTRA?...

They were removed because almost no one was racing them.
Quote from obsolum :They were removed because almost no one was racing them.

I thought it was because hardly anyone was racing TBO class, and it was decided that having both classes on the same server put people off driving the slower class because they weren't fighting for the outright win.

I don't think I've seen Race 2 get any busier since, but CTRA said that LRF is gone and will not be back.
TBO server is always empty when I look
Quote from danowat :TBO server is always empty when I look

Its been deathly quiet for a while now, pity

Just shows the LRF's were not the problem there

At least Race 3 has taken up the slack and seems a lot busier nowadays
Race 3 is the problem. If you are silver licensed and going for points rather than fun, the choice between TBO and GT2 is a no-contest.

With no reward for attaining Gold license anymore, maybe having the GT2s not available to Silver licensed drivers would get them back in the TBOs.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG