The online racing simulator
About to start working in F1, looking for some reading material
I'm about to start a year's work placement at an F1 team, and I asked my boss if he recommended reading up on anything before I begin.

He's emailed me back telling me to read up as much on KERS and all the sensors/boxes on an F1 car as I can.

Has anyone got any links for good information sources on these things? All I've found about KERS so far has had such little substance, and I wouldn't really know where to start with sensors and boxes.
There are various articles available by Googling on generic Kers systems, but nothing with much depth regarding F1 as it's all private company IP.

As for sensors, you can try phoning people like BF1Connect or Beru who might be able to help.

Boxes - give Big Yellow Self Storage or Viking a ring
Quote from tristancliffe :

Boxes - give Big Yellow Self Storage or Viking a ring

i've always found that women have the most interesting boxes

er anyway

try expanding your search to include hybrids and energy recovery systems as they both encompass a lot of what kers is about.

also try looking for aerospace industry information on electronics especially with regard to air sensors etc look at engine management systems and data recording sytems for general info on what does what though i suspect you already know the run of the mill stuff

you may also find something if you search for telemetry sytems
Saw the Welsh flag next to that first sentence and initially thought that was Becky saying that.
kinda off topic but what team u gonna work with?
#6 - ajp71
This months Racecar Engineering had quite a bit about next years F1 changes, that is probably about as in depth an article your going to get specific to KERS in F1 given that it is all secret.

The one thing that I think will make KERS pointless from an engineering point of view is the 'novel technologies rule', basically any technology that a team develops that isn't deemed to 'add value to F1 in general' (wtf is that suppose to mean?) will be banned at the end of the season. That in itself is bad enough but the worst bit is the team will then be required to give full technical details of the technology, which surely will result in them innovating in road cars and other formulae so they don't run the risk of loosing IP to the world.
#7 - samjh
Quote from DevilDare :kinda off topic but what team u gonna work with?

Careful. He might be under an NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
haha i saw your thread on F1tech.
I wondered how many people would be on both forums.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG