The online racing simulator
kyoto chicane
(43 posts, started )
kyoto chicane
Hello.

Here's one suggestion that I'm wanting to post for very long time.
That kyoto long chicane is been a problem since ever. That track would be my favorite by far if that chicane is formed right.
While watching some of real life chicanes and chicane redone, like Monza, SPA, Monaco, Turkey or Suzuka, I've got an idea.

To prevent cutting and make it more realistic, chicane should be sharper, and more distanced between two corners that it contains, all in all, slower.

So, first corner should be sharper (and it maybe should be even sharper then i drawed down there.

I'd leave existing run off area in sand, because it's more of a chance to make driving mistake and end up in there. And new run off area on the left, I'd suggest an asphalt one, because you probably would end up in there from some push of other guy.

Curbs should be something like Blackwood chicane curbs, with those higher edges.

There are two pictures in attachment, please take a look.

EDIT: You may notice that after you exit the chicane there's another new corner, before the next right one. That might be flatten out, but then 2nd corner in chicane wouldn't be sharp enough.

I hope dev's notice this as a positive solution
Attached images
ky chicane prew.jpg
ky chicane prew 1.jpg
+1

That chicane is just... off
+1k great idea niki
+1, that would be much better, the current chicance is boring as well as causes cutting problems, that would be much better, new passing place
That looks great!
Brilliant - that corner is crap at the moment its just whoever can cut the most wins.
+999999999999
Great idea, people wont cut!
#8 - scipy
The track is the best in LFS cause it's a fast and "flowing" track with only 1 really slow corner, making the chicane "slower" is opposite of what the track is about and would feel out of place. I'm all for changing it, just not making it slower. Remove the speedbumps on the left side and extend the wall a bit and put something solid on the right side (keeping the corner radii as they are now).
What scipy said.

Also id like to see bigger avatars, for example NIKI's avatar is way too small atm, cant have a proper look.
Thanks guys for positive respond, really appreciate it.

But there's bad one:
@scipy: Just for example take a look at SPA.
It has the chicane and that chicane didn't ruin the whole track and track is all floating and full of different corners just like Kyoto. Even more coincidence is that just like on Kyoto, after chicane comes herpin.
So this track needs one real chicane where you'd take apex with around 100 km/h in GTR cars.

I hope the developers hear the voice of people
Quote from christijanl :also Id Like To See Bigger Avatars, For Example Niki's Avatar Is Way Too Small Atm, Cant Have A Proper Look.

Rofl So Hard On This
I quite like this corner, as it has own feeling.
A fast tight chicane.
Quote from N I K I :Hello.

Here's one suggestion that I'm wanting to post for very long time.
That kyoto long chicane is been a problem since ever. That track would be my favorite by far if that chicane is formed right.
While watching some of real life chicanes and chicane redone, like Monza, SPA, Monaco, Turkey or Suzuka, I've got an idea.

To prevent cutting and make it more realistic, chicane should be sharper, and more distanced between two corners that it contains, all in all, slower.

So, first corner should be sharper (and it maybe should be even sharper then i drawed down there.

I'd leave existing run off area in sand, because it's more of a chance to make driving mistake and end up in there. And new run off area on the left, I'd suggest an asphalt one, because you probably would end up in there from some push of other guy.

Curbs should be something like Blackwood chicane curbs, with those higher edges.

There are two pictures in attachment, please take a look.

EDIT: You may notice that after you exit the chicane there's another new corner, before the next right one. That might be flatten out, but then 2nd corner in chicane wouldn't be sharp enough.

I hope dev's notice this as a positive solution

I don't think that would actually solve the issue, it would just create a new problem regarding that corner. By using your layout it would become very tempting to run through that 2nd corner. I'd make it either much more angled and slower or way much faster so the next corners were then a bit harder. But the current corner just doesn't work.

That corner connecting the oval and the other part of the ky3 isn't the only problematic corner on kyoto. There are few broken curbs around ky3 and ky2 as well. Here's what I suggested way back to be done with kyoto:
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=21559&d=1167406827
Quote :By using your layout it would become very tempting to run through that 2nd corner.

I quite don't understand what are you trying to say by this. There would be pure sand, so cutting trou that 2nd corner wouldn't be possible! You can cut current chicane thou sand because you have just slight contact with sand. With my layout you would need way too long contact with sand to make any time advantage.

You're sharp corner idea is nice too, but somehow I think what we need is pure classic chicane, and there's not even one like that in LFS.

edit: TBH any change would be good. Any of this three options is much better then current corner that we have
Quote from n I K I :
Edit: Tbh Any Change Would Be Good. Any Of This Three Options Is Much Better Then Current Corner That We Have

+1
I don't share scipy's concern with a slower corner ruining the "flow" of the track--there are slow corners all over it... T1, 2, 3, 4, and the final chicane complex are all pretty slow, and the track is huge enough to support one more little "speed bump" in the flow in the middle. However, I'd say either NIKI's idea or scipy's would be a huge improvement, and it's something I desperately hope to see in a future patch.
+1 that turn is just weird. Way too easy to cut (often by accident) and end up with major damage because of the buggy sides of the speedbump.

I'd love to see N I K I 's idea more then Scipy's but I wouldn't mind it either.
-
(r4ptor) DELETED by r4ptor : meh
I wouldn't go for this solution, better to leave it as it is atm. We have used specific rules in MoE last season and they worked out just fine.

As for this layout idea, it doesn't slow the corner down enough, second apex is just too close again, and track just got too narrow, so you'll just see ppl hitting into those tires in second apex even more then in first one

So even if you rework the layout with hey bals it won't be good enough, because of reasons that I've posted above.
+1 would create a more interesting track, as you would need to brake and not just go full trottle over it.
Or at least change it enough to make the cutter's getting a penaltie / not gaining anything by cutting it.
Quote from N I K I :I wouldn't go for this solution, better to leave it as it is atm. We have used specific rules in MoE last season and they worked out just fine.

As for this layout idea, it doesn't slow the corner down enough, second apex is just too close again, and track just got too narrow, so you'll just see ppl hitting into those tires in second apex even more then in first one

So even if you rework the layout with hey bals it won't be good enough, because of reasons that I've posted above.

There was some rules in IGTC which worked quite well also.

As for what you said about the layout. It actually slows the cars down quite a bit more than it looks. As of now you have cars going through at like 120mph, with this layout the top would be about 75mph (not slow but yet alot slower than before). Also, the track wasn't narrowed, it's the same width of everything else. All that was changed is that the apex is pushed out, and with the way the track is designed there was no need to narrow.

Not arguing or anything, just made the layout as maybe a temporary fix because I hate the corner.
I really wish there were more "REAL" chicanes in Live For SPeed... Like the ones in Budapest, or Barcelona. The pictures in the first post shows what I mean
+84466233

This a realy good idea becaus lets al face the fact that the curent one is easy to cut and just rediculously fast
#25 - Gunn
Not sure why people call it a chicane, It doesn't look like a chicane.

kyoto chicane
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG