The online racing simulator
Thrustmaster F1 Wheel, anyone tried it?
http://europe.thrustmaster.com ... _prd.php?p=T129&fam=4

Link says it all, I am in a bidding tonight, and the wheel is one of them, which I am interested in. It can still play the latest games, and has great FFB *from what I heard*

What are your opinions on this? I understand that the Logitech Driving Force Pro is prferably, but I don't have that sort of luxury. Plus I am a big F1 fan, so I tend to go for wheels that are F1 based.

Let me know what you think .
Hi there,
I used the exact same wheel for the past 3 years and overall I was happy with it.
It has good looks and reasonably solid construction
the feel of it is absolutely great, however if you have LARGE hands, you will have a problem.
It has very good FFB and lots of loose-feeling buttons that always worked perfect.

It's weak spot are the pedals. First they need greasing with WD40 or teflon or similar spray to get rid of the squeeky noise
Second, but more important is the pedals bottom plate that came apart on mine. I was able to fix it, but it was a major rebuilt.

If you can get it (new, not used!) at a reasonable price, I'd say go for it

cheers
Thanks mate. I bought one last night, and should arrive here in a few days time.

Are you able to use all the buttons on the front of the wheel when you play LFS?
I'd just be wary of it, and not give it too much abuse. I've had a few Thrustmaster wheels, and they have all packed in after about 6 months of use, and customer service aren't exactly rays of sunshine to deal with. But that's just my experience, you never know what could happen!
Cheers for that. Probably depends the way we handle the steering and pedals. Just gotta play the waiting game until it arrives . I got a Microsoft Sidewinder as a backup, so I'm not out of the woods whatever happens.
Just don't go too hard on it and it should be fine!

It looks a lot sturdier than the wheels I've had before though. I had one wheel, think it was a Thrustmaster Ferrari 360 Modena Wheel, or something like that, which broke after about three months, and TM wouldn't replace it, said it was my own fault it broke! That's what really put me off their stuff.
Quote from GaryArm :Just don't go too hard on it and it should be fine!

It looks a lot sturdier than the wheels I've had before though. I had one wheel, think it was a Thrustmaster Ferrari 360 Modena Wheel, or something like that, which broke after about three months, and TM wouldn't replace it, said it was my own fault it broke! That's what really put me off their stuff.

Poor customer service then.

Saying that it was your own fault that it broke, clearly explains why it put you off. If that problem happens to me, I'll know how to kick the butts on customer service. The customer is always right .

How did the wheel break down?
I bought one of those TM 360 wheels. The pedals broke two days after I bought it. Piece of crap.
Blimey! Glad I got a back up wheel!
lol, ok you're right, I probably was far too hard on it yes, and it probably was my own fault it broke, but I'd expect a product from a respected name such as Thrustmaster to last longer!

Anyway, good luck with the wheel! Can you let me know how it goes? Just out of curiosity!
Will do mate!
Ok I had a go, after playing it a few days later, the wheel was squint, so I am taking it back, and recieving a refund. But because of the glitch, I can still tell you how it was.

It was ok, but you are better off staying up to date version of wheels. Such as the DFPs or the Logitechs.

I'm sticking to my sidewinder for the time being.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG