Bad Lag :( or low FPS
(20 posts, started )
Hello there!

I have excellent connection! Graphics is high but why am i still getting low FPS and lag!

Please help!

I also close eveything when i go onto play LFS.

Thanks
John
#2 - Gil07
Lower the LOD and graphics detail settings?
#3 - Woz
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :Hello there!

I have excellent connection! Graphics is high but why am i still getting low FPS and lag!

Please help!

I also close eveything when i go onto play LFS.

Thanks
John

Machine spec might help as your machine might not be up to running LFS, which is CPU heavy
Adjust the "Sound Lag" setting to high position.
Right ok thanks all will try them all out when i get back from work.

and is Machine Spec to do with my computer settings on LFS settings?
#6 - J@tko
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :Right ok thanks all will try them all out when i get back from work.

and is Machine Spec to do with my computer settings on LFS settings?

He means ur PC spec (processor, graphics e.t.c)
Right well when it comes to things like that i haven't got a clue what you mean could anyone explain it better for me lol sorry

I wan't to know all about this stuff but just never seem to get it.
#8 - J@tko
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :Right well when it comes to things like that i haven't got a clue what you mean could anyone explain it better for me lol sorry

I wan't to know all about this stuff but just never seem to get it.

Go onto 'My Computer', right click and press properties, and it will come up there
Is this on vista yes? Because i just tried it on my work computer and it is XP and don't see anything about PC Spec...

If it is only on Vista i will get it when i go home..
guy come on, you need to spec of the computer that is the problem.

And it's on both Vista and XP.

That bit near the bottom.

You just right click on the My Computer icon and then click properties.
Right yes that is what i get on XP but how is that being able to change anything all it does is give me imformation.
You need to tell us what CPU, RAM and graphics card you have. That way we'll know what kind of FPS you should be expecting and if there is a problem.
Right ok, well i will need to do that when i get home then and that will be about 9:30 as im doing a swimming instructing course at 5:00 but i will post it on here as soon as possible!

Actually i may even get it on at abuot 4 o'clock when i go for an early dinnner .
#14 - Jakg
Vista will show something like this:

If you want to know what graphics card you have then GPU-Z might help. It'll display something like this:

(Or you can right click on the desktop>Personalize>Display Settings>Advanced Settings)
Quote from Jakg :Vista will show something like this:

If you want to know what graphics card you have then GPU-Z might help. It'll display something like this:

(Or you can right click on the desktop>Personalize>Display Settings>Advanced Settings)

you bitch!
your comp is just soo nice
Proccessor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46 GHz 1.47 GHz

Memory (RAM): 1014MB

System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Anything else?
#17 - Jakg
The graphics card, perhaps?

it's a laptop (and a cheap one, at that) - it's probably integrated, which is your problem. being a laptop theres nothing you can do tbh.
Yea i know that it was a cheap latptop and can't be changed, i mean the laptop wasn't bought for this sort of thing so i can't complain.

The only thing i am annoyed at is the fact before i stopped playing abuot 5 months ago i was able to get about 30FPS and have no lag with say 10 people on the start line...but now i getting lag with 2 people on the start line at about 6 FPS...ok it is not much to you guys but that is a big difference from 30 to 6 in my case.

Where can i find out about a graphics card? I mean even although it is a laptop it can't be change .

Can anyone suggest a reasonably normal priced laptop for this type of game?

Thanks
John
#19 - Jakg
I already told you how to get your GFX info.

Tesco are selling a laptop with a built in nVidia card for £380 iirc, but even then it's gaming performance won't be epic. Laptops + Gaming usually don't work too well - why not keep your current laptop and get a proper desktop PC?

Make sure your laptop isn't overheating and that it's set to "High Performance" mode.
Well that is what i am planning on doing, i mean after christmas or even when i go away for my birthday im going to look for a good Desktop PC and still use my laptop for general use but mainly use the computer for racing...only problem is there is no where in my house to have it and have the wheel setup in a good position there for i may lead to buying a G25...

Ahh there it is, i know it was something simple i had changed over! I had it on balanced so now having it on high performance will increase it slightly, well thanks for the help anyway

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG