The online racing simulator
NASCAR Sprint Cup Sharpie 500 Bristol: Kyle Busch vs. Carl Edwards
Hey everyone

Interesting end to the Sharpie 500 at Bristol. Kyle Busch was displeased with the way Carl Edwards passed him (bump and run) so after the race, Kyle bumped Carl a few times and Carl decided to spin him round. Kyle was then called to the NASCAR hauler in the pit area.

Race Rewind here: http://www.nascar.com/video/ra ... ar/index.html?MostPopular

Cheers
Anger management?
Finally some real stockcar racing =)
Am I the only one out there that thinks that Bristol was better as an asphalt track? Might I be the only one around who remembers watching those races?
Quote from PAracer :Might I be the only one around who remembers watching those races?

Yep :P
#6 - th84
Quote from PAracer :Am I the only one out there that thinks that Bristol was better as an asphalt track? Might I be the only one around who remembers watching those races?

Yes, It was much better as asphalt. But I dont think it was just the surface of the track that caused that horrible race.

Or, Am I the only one that thought that Saturdays race was the worse Bristol race...EVA! (other than Flipper bumping Dumbo for the win, gotta love it when someone takes that prick out!)
Quote from th84 :Yes, It was much better as asphalt. But I dont think it was just the surface of the track that caused that horrible race.

Or, Am I the only one that thought that Saturdays race was the worse Bristol race...EVA! (other than Flipper bumping Dumbo for the win, gotta love it when someone takes that prick out!)

I thought the racing was very good. I remember that the track used to be almost a 'one groove' track and the new progressive banking seemed to open up more lanes. Of course I may be biased because I'm an Edwards fan and enjoyed watching him win!

Carl bumped Kyle to pass for the win, but after Carl passed him, Kyle returned the favor on the next corner, but Carl was able to drive through the bump. After that the #99 just ran away from him and the #18 wasn't able to get close enough to try another bump. I honestly think that the bump pass pissed Kyle off enough that it ruined his concentration and kept him from reeling Carl back in.
That is the most entertaining stock car race I have seen in a while, just for that end part where he spun the guy, hilarious stuff.
I saw the highlights. pretty entertaining
#10 - th84
I dont know what it was about it, but I found it to be the most boring Bristol race that I have ever seen. It is still a one groove track, though. That is why Flipper had to bump him to make that pass.

I probably found it even more boring because my guy got caught trying to pass before the green flag and was never able to make up that lap.
Quote from th84 :I dont know what it was about it, but I found it to be the most boring Bristol race that I have ever seen. It is still a one groove track, though. That is why Flipper had to bump him to make that pass.

I probably found it even more boring because my guy got caught trying to pass before the green flag and was never able to make up that lap.

I don't think that CE's inability to pass KB was due to the track being a one groove track, but more to do with the differing ways the cars were setup. If you'll remember, CE led the race early and struggled mightily to get around the lapped car of Montoya, but after CE finally made it around most of the rest of the guys on the lead lap were able to get around without too much difficulty.

I'm not a racing expert, but it seemed to me that CE could turn tighter than KB, but KB had more exit speed through the corner. Carl could dive in and pull up even with Kyle, but he couldn't complete the pass as he was having to feather the throttle coming out of the corner.

Did you ever hear an explanation from Jr as to why he pulled such a boneheaded move? It seemed to me that he had a pretty fast car, it's a shame he lost the race before the first corner.
#12 - th84
Montoya said that once Flipper got by him, he pretty much let everyone else get past.... which is pretty commom. The lapped cars always fight harder with the leader than they do 2nd or 3rd placed cars. Once the leader had passed him, the rest of the field didnt really matter.

The fact that Montoya (and other lapped cars) was so hard for the leader to pass, shows me that the track is still (basically) a one groove track. Maybe Im wrong, but I didnt see alot of door-to-door racing compared to past Bristol races. CE trying to get by Montoya was the best racing I saw all night. I dont think the race couldve been won from the top groove, you pretty much had to be on the bottom to make a pass. (with a few exceptions, of course )

I remember the announcers commenting on the fact that the 35th place cars were running laps that were just as fast as the leaders. Maybe thats why the race seemed to be a one groove type of race.

I think Im more disappointed with the new car than I am the track changes at Bristol, Talladega etc etc. I guess when I think back, the race wasnt THAT bad.

I never heard from JR as to why he did it. Maybe because he has been qualifing so well this year, he thought he was closer to the front. He did have a good car though, which makes it even more frustrating. Either way, he gained a spot in the standings.
Quote from th84 :Montoya said that once Flipper got by him, he pretty much let everyone else get past.... which is pretty commom. The lapped cars always fight harder with the leader than they do 2nd or 3rd placed cars. Once the leader had passed him, the rest of the field didnt really matter...

You're probably right. I thought the race was pretty good, but I always love Bristol and as I said before I'm a CE fan.

Do you mean that you don't like the COT at all, or just at Bristol? I have loved the COT so far, I was very skeptical of it at first, but after the Daytona race (or maybe it was Talladega) where the first 20 cars were within .2 I was hooked!

I loved the 3/4 wide pack of 4 rows of cars for lap after lap. That was exciting!
#14 - th84
I have always loved Bristol too, my favorite track by far....and even better in person. I just found that race to be a snoozer.... yea, maybe I just dont like the new car.

I go to both Talladega races every year and the last one (the first with the COT) was the most boring race I have ever been to. We spent more time hanging out with a bunch of drunk rednecks than we did watching the race. Maybe it is more the car than the new surfaces. Although, Talladega looks much better with fresh asphalt.

Im really looking forward to night racing at AMS next year. That track is only 45 minutes from my house.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG