The online racing simulator
[Forum] Image Resizer
(16 posts, started )
#1 - Bean0
[Forum] Image Resizer
vB mod that resizes large images posted in IMG tags using javascript.

Quote :I. What does it do
This plugin enables you to automatically resize every user-posted image which is larger than given dimensions. Users can choose the maximum dimensions and the resize method to use.
The resize methods are:
- No resizing
- Enlargement in the same document
- Enlargement in the same window (replacing the forum thread document)
- Enlargement in a new window

It also adds an information bar (which is not displayed when the image is too small) giving information about the original dimensions and filesize. Filesize is only supported on Internet Explorer, other browsers don't reveal this information through javascript.

II. What does it not do
- It does not do server side resizing of images. Everything is done clientside
- It does not prevent long loading times. The images have to be downloaded completely by the client before the script can resize them.

http://www.ncode.nl/vbulletinplugins/
Attached images
1.jpg
2.gif
3.gif
#2 - bbman
+1

Major PITA when someone decides to present his new piece of art-high-res-skin within [IMG]-tags and the next idiot goes on to quote him, leaving the tags untouched... :doh:
+1

I'd like to see this, along with the information bar below/above the resized image with a zoom or plus icon in it or something.

Seen this mod in several other forums and it works out quite nice.

However, the only problem I see it having is for images people might want to post in their thread for a presentation of sorts. Example being, a race for a league, where people like to post title images for the event. I guess as long as the dimensions of such images are within bounds, and still possible of posting in full size... say... 500x200, then it'd be ok. Perhaps if the mod could be hacked for moderators and league moderators... so they don't have any limits in their respective sections? Because this mod is global, and that is annoying.

I just dislike those screenshots in skin threads and the like, being 800x600+ and all. I've always attached my preview images or used Imageshack's thumbnail code, I don't know why people have to go and use IMG tags.
+1. looks like a good idea for mods and contoling those pesky IMG tags.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :+1. looks like a good idea for mods and contoling those pesky IMG tags.

Hehe yea
Anyway, this is a good idea, +1.
Agreed. Makes viewing and posting images much more enjoyable.
#7 - arco
#8 - JTbo
+1 Already suggested this some time ago, but more the merrier
#9 - arco
*bump*

This would really help preventing those gigantic external images breaking the forum layout.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=184571

Quote :What does it do
----------------------------------------
This plugin enables you to automatically resize every user-posted external
image, posted in threads, vb's blogs or even vb's albums (and group's pictures),
and in signatures (optional), which is larger than given dimensions.

The Image Resizer acts in:
- External images embed in posts.
- Attachs images embed in posts.
- External images embed in blogs.
- Images in Albums / Group's pictures (optional).
- Signatures (optional) with a different width/height setting.

And the resize methods are:
- No resizing
- Enlargement in the same document
- Enlargement in the same window (replacing the forum thread document)
- Enlargement in a new window
- Enlargement using Lytebox
- Enlargement using Highslide
- Enlargement using Lightview
- Enlargement using Slimbox
- Enlargement using Thickbox
- NEW! enlargement using Floatbox
- NEW! enlargement using Shadowbox
- NEW! enlargement using Greybox
- NEW! enlargement using Roebox
- NEW! enlargement using LightWindow
- NEW! enlargement using AwesomeBox

It also adds an information bar when not using Lytebox/Highslide/etc (which is not
displayed when the image is too small) giving information about the original
dimensions and filesize.
Filesize is only supported on Internet Explorer, other browsers don't reveal
this information through javascript.

Lol almost a 1 year bump But yeah this should be pretty cool and usfull for some but I'd keep the original size.

+1 nonetheless (or none the less? bah watever)
#11 - arco
It resizes the image so it fits within the postbit, but you can still click on it to see the original size.
Good Bump, the current version is a whole new mod.

I installed it just yesterday on another forum.
:bump::bump::bump:
-1 seeing the current way of enlarging thumbs.

+1 for a automatic quote resizer or [img] tags removed when quoting.
Does it antialias the images it resizes? Because I'd rather see crisp, overly big images than smaller images ruined by jagginess everywhere.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Does it antialias the images it resizes? Because I'd rather see crisp, overly big images than smaller images ruined by jagginess everywhere.

They are resized by javascript on the viewers machine, clicking them makes them full size again. The resized images look fine to me on other forums.

[Forum] Image Resizer
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG