The online racing simulator
New Computer
(14 posts, started )
#1 - tisy0
New Computer
Hi,

Im buying a new computer, DEFINITELY, But I need help off you guys.
I'm looking to spend up to £1050 on a new computer, I'm not building my own.

I've seen this 1 on OverClockers UK
Ultima Vortex GX2

With an Antec 1200 Case, Windows Vista Premium 32BIT.
Would that keep cool with all those fans?

Or maybe you guys could find me a good Gaming computer for £1050?
I don't need: Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, Speakers, Just the Tower

Thanks,
Tisy0
That one seems fine. And about the cooling, as long as you have at least one intake fan and one exhaust fan(in the rear), you should be alright.
#3 - tisy0
Hmm
How about 3 120mm front intake, 2 120mm rear exhausts a 200mm top exhaust? enough?
#4 - Jakg
If your buying a pre-built it really doesn't matter - the fans will be "enough" for stock settings, and you won't be overclocking. noise and the amount of air moved are more important the fan size (i.e. are they Yate Loon or Delta fans? How about a Vantec tornado? etc).
that would be taking more cold air out of your system than it can put in, so no(and the antec nine hundred only has one rear fan slot XD). So put two in front(blowing in), one on back (blowing out), and one on top(blowing in or out, I personally would make it blow out because heat rises)
#6 - Jakg
I take it you've never heard of negative and positive presure?

Also - some PSU's also act as an exhaust - mine has a fan at the bottom and the heat escapes out the back which means (when i finish building it again) it'll have 2 fans at the back and a proper fan at the back and my PSU helping to exhaust some air.
i don't understand what is all the fuss about ventilation
Attached images
IMG_0002.JPG
#8 - tisy0
Quote from SidiousX :that would be taking more cold air out of your system than it can put in, so no(and the antec nine hundred only has one rear fan slot XD). So put two in front(blowing in), one on back (blowing out), and one on top(blowing in or out, I personally would make it blow out because heat rises)

I take it you miss read my post?

I said with an Antec 1200,

I have no idea about Air Flow etc To be honest.

So would it be a Good system, and would it keep cool?
Just remember, you want to try and keep positive pressure in the case. This means that, if anything, there should be more air blowing in than out. The main benefit to this is that if you properly filter the fans blowing into the case (screen-door mesh, for example) then you can be sure that very little dust will get into the system (positive pressure means air and dust won't be sucked in around the 5.25" drive bays, the PCI slots, etc...)
Well
The Antec 1200 has 3 Front Intake fans, 2 Rear Exhaust and 1 Top Exhaust as I've said before, It has Filters on the front 3 fans, Don't know about the rest but I clean my computer out once every 1-2 weeks so Dust really isnt an issue :P
You don't need/want filters on exhaust fans.
It doesn't have filters on the exhaust fans, That's obvious because you want as much air out as you can so you don't really want to filter it,
As I said, the 3 Intake Fans have filters, Not the exhaust.
If you want to get picky you actually said you didn't know about he exhaust fans.

And if the 1200 is anything like the 900 it will attract dust like a magnet, filters will help the inside but the whole case seems to be made of something that’s been solely designed to attract dust.

I wouldn't do it every couple of weeks though, just keep on top of the dust collecting on the outside and around the fans then clean the inside every month or 2, that way you can strip it down, take out the graphics card and harddrive cages to give it a good clean and get a other parts better as well.
Ahh, true, Sorry mate, My mistake,

So it seems like thats a good computer then?

New Computer
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG