The online racing simulator
AI Drifting
(39 posts, started )
Quote from natedog420 :heres my ai drifting after 100 lap on bl with my own drift setup. heres some pics

how are you getting the AI to drift like that???
I did that using an fz50. all i did was make the rear of the car really soft, (all the suspension adjustments for the rear all the way to left) I then raised the ride height of the rear up so the car sits fairly level. Then add knobbly tyres on the back and put the tyre pressure as high as it will go, set the brake balance nearly all the way to the rear wheels (not all the way or they will just spin in every corner) Its not perfect, there will be a lot of corners where they will all go hideously out of control but sometimes they drift very nicely! Here is a screenshot of what happened at blackwood with a few fz50's, and the setup in anyone fancies tryin it with AI cars (i tried to actually drive on this setup myself and found it impossible!)
Attached images
drifting AI cars.jpg
Attached files
FZ5_drifty!.set - 132 B - 1230 views
OMG, this is so f*ckin' awesome :O
heres my xrt drift set for ai drivers. this is the one i used in the pics in my post above.
Attached files
XRT_ai drift 2.set - 132 B - 1017 views
Someone post a set for the XRG? I think I'll apply for the Photomode comp
Those who say that AIs can't drift. Bunch of liars. My AIs are drifting on oval every night!

can i borrow that setup please?
When I tried setups posted here there is one general mistake - they are not causing oversteer and focus on rear-end braking, drifting is not ass-dragging.

in previous ai ver they could easily drift 80% of track corners with proper set - now its a bit tricky but still works.

I tried to make very unbalanced set but still controllable.
The key seems to be toe in (max positive on front, max negative on rear), then tire pressure (min in rear) and lastly camber to cause maximum oversteer.

My favorite is fz5 because it has most weight on rear tires and it tends to pull rear out of corner, but for some reason rb4 (rwd spec) seems to do best drifts under AI controll
Attached images
screen.jpg
Attached files
FZ5_Drift AI.set - 132 B - 1272 views
XRT_Drift Ai.set - 132 B - 1379 views
RB4_Drift AI.set - 132 B - 920 views
RAC_Drift AI.set - 132 B - 1157 views
kk
maybe.. but please. someone tell me.

how do u do it?

My ai players. gives so little gas. that they not drift. tryed al setups i found in this thread
i made a very fast setup... you have to put your AI drivers use your setups.... The setup is for XRG.... :S I'm a demo racer....
AI cars only can drift when they brakes...

Have fun
Quote from zap_hire :maybe.. but please. someone tell me.

how do u do it?

My ai players. gives so little gas. that they not drift. tryed al setups i found in this thread

Attached files
XRG_ai drift.set - 132 B - 1116 views
Quote from zap_hire :maybe.. but please. someone tell me.

how do u do it?

Now thats a nice bump
i think he means you responded so late that u brought back a really old thread
Even if the ai drifted a turn, they won't make it around the track a 2nd time . You'd have to go back to Patch x for proper ai drifting.

AI Drifting
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG