The online racing simulator
LFS Race video
(4 posts, started )
LFS Race video
Had some fun yesterday with a guy who goes by the name of smalt and since I was bored made a little video.

Yes terrible camera work, would be great if someone told me of some special software for recording LFS, cause you have to move it manualy all the time and it follows cars in a weird way :0 (not a problem if you're making a video from a lot of different bits rather than a race from beginning to the end)

But watch it all and tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfTyjepZOvQ&fmt=18

P.S. Don't moan about my driving skills, I can't do world record time laps and best one is 2.5sec behind WR + we were simply having fun and enjoying close racing

Uh and there's earlier one, first video recorded at half speed so the cammera looks odd after speeding up lol :}
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07dgiAUgw5U&fmt=18
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis
Thanks for the link,

but when you record at half time the sound becomes lower

also how do you get a steady shot? So the camera would move in same direction as the car
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Yeah, you're right, it does screw the sound up...um, I'm not too sure how to overcome that but I think you can sort it out by adjusting the pitch with an editor. Maybe someone else can help...?

And you can achieve steady shots by applying mouse smoothing (bottom left).
Also when you record at half speed it makes it easier to get good shots.
If you want it [the cam] to stick with the car them use a custom camera/view within the options menu.
You could get really fancy with it (and lighten the load) and use multiple custom cameras using FL!PCams.

Have fun

Well recorded my new video at normal speed.

It would be a pain to pitch everysingle video so it would sound right.
Right, to fix the sound problem:

1. Open up VirtualDub
2. Go to sound > full processing mode
3. Go to sound > use advanced filtering
4. Go to sound > filters...
5 Add the following filters:

Input > new rate > resample > output

You need to configure the 'new rate' rate filter and double the rate that is
shown.

You need to do this on every video clip that which you have recorded in half speed, as well as doubling the frame rate.

LFS Race video
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG