The online racing simulator
Anyone know what these do?
(16 posts, started )
Hi

I took this screenshot from the inside of the XF GTR, and wanted to know, what do all the buttons do? I may include this in my cockpit, when I make it, and the buttons would actually do on LFS what they would do in the real car.

Jon
Attached images
inside.png
they are there to look pretty
Top row, left to right: Fuel Pump (switches between main and spare, probably), Power (probably to dashboard), Power to ignition system
Bottom row, left to right: Datalogger Power, Headlights on/off, Wipers off/slow/fast (probably).

Big Red Button at top right: Fire Extinguisher firing trigger

To the right are two covered switches which will be fuel pump power and a kill switch. To turn them on requires the covers to be lifting, to turn them off just requires a whack with a fist.

There would also be a master electrical switch both inside and outside the car to isolate the battery altogether - these are usually either a 'T' pull handle or a twist 'key' type.
Quote from tristancliffe :To the right are two covered switches which will be fuel pump power and a kill switch.

Wouldn't a kill switch kill power to the fuel pump anyway?

I think the other switch is missiles.
Quote from Luke.S :they are there to look pretty

Why do you even post?

And tristan said that they (probably) are, in many GTR cars IRL.
The master kill switch will kill everything, but those aircraft style kill switches would just do those systems. It was a bit of a guess, as they're not labelled, but there isn't any other system on a race car that would need a kill switch like that...

And I'd have done the same thing with less switches anyway - each switch is a potential problem, so reducing the number would be a good idea.

Missiles would be nice, but I reckon oil cannister or nail drops would be more suitable.
#7 - bbman
Wouldn't the red button lend itself more to a start button?
Quote from spacedskunk :Why do you even post?

And tristan said that they (probably) are, in many GTR cars IRL.

Well that is the truth in LFS which i guess he is talking about.
Oh, come on.

Read the FIRST POST:

Quote from ferraif40 : I may include this in my cockpit, when I make it, and the buttons would actually do on LFS what they would do in the real car.

Quote from bbman :Wouldn't the red button lend itself more to a start button?

Perhaps. But in a race car you don't want to get big red buttons confused, and a marshall could assume it's an extinguisher.

The honest answer is we don't KNOW what they're for - the two covered ones could be for heated front and rear screens - as they're not labelled, so make they do what you want in your real version.
Quote from zeugnimod :Oh, come on.

Read the FIRST POST:

He said the buttons would do what they do in real life on LFS. In lfs they are there to look pretty. Ok you got it?
Quote from Luke.S :He said the buttons would do what they do in real life on LFS. In lfs they are there to look pretty. Ok you got it?

I can only repeat:

Read the first post!

He wants to make a cockpit similar to the LFS cockpit and he wants the buttons on his "REAL" cockpit to do what they would do IRL...

Ok you got it?
Quote from ferraif40 : and the buttons would actually do on LFS what they would do in the real car.

Read that again. He wants to the buttons to do in LFS what they would do in a real car.
Quote from Luke.S :

Read that again. He wants to the buttons to do in LFS what they would do in a real car.

WTF

He wants LFS to do what these buttons would do in IRL when he presses the button IN HIS COCKPIT that he wants to make as he states IN THE FIRST POST!

Why is it so hard to understand that?
Zeugnimod is right Luke, so I'd hide for a bit if I were you.
I think where Luke is getting confused is that some of the buttons on the dash relate to features that are not in LFS yet, such as wipers . But that doesn't stop you from making buttons for features that are implemented.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG