The online racing simulator
Logitech G25 problem
(16 posts, started )
#1 - MrEko
Logitech G25 problem
Hi there, i screwed up when i was screwing my G25 together and i managed to snap pretty much all the wires (red, yellow and black).. as i slightly modded it it has no warranty left. So i tried solder some new wires to see if it works, but only 2nd gear is working and sometimes 4th.. I gotta fix this!

Please help!

Oh and btw, don't ask how i managed to snap all the wires
#2 - MrEko
Someone?
don't.....void....the.....warranty?
#4 - MrEko
Well as i said, its too late. I know im stupid. I fixed the gears a while ago, and it has been working for 1 month now. I decided to take it apart again and remove the clicking sound and make the spring stiffer. So.. anyone? I wanna know what pot that isnt working, and then i can maybe figure it out
#5 - MrEko
Someone?
#6 - MrEko
100 views and only "1" answer?
Quote from MrEko :100 views and only "1" answer?

Well, your problem is surely uniqiue isn't it?
#8 - MrEko
Ah.. I came here to get some tips, so nvm then. Doesnt seem like anyone can help me. So lock this thread.. Grr
You tried to remove the clicking sound? In my DFP the clicking comes directly from the button itself, did you try to dampen with foam or something? Maybe the buttons can't be pressed enough now (hope you understand)
Sorry, but that wasnt the problem, its the gears that aint working.. but ty for replying
I mean the little buttons (inside the wheel, under h-gate) for every gear (I don't have a G25, but I expect it to work that way)
Quote from ACCAkut :I mean the little buttons (inside the wheel, under h-gate) for every gear (I don't have a G25, but I expect it to work that way)

no, there are pots, not buttons in the shifter
hmm, strange , I think if you made something wrong with the wires nothing should work then. Did you try to recalibrate it?

I still think that it has something to do with your attempt to remove the clicking sound, maybe the stick won't move far enough now to engage the gears.

Is my sketch of the sticks mechanics right?
Attached images
shifter.jpg
Hmm, the G25 shifter doesnt work like that. Maybe i putted the wires wrong, i dunno.. im gonna see later
could you upload a pic of how it looks inside of it now?

Logitech G25 problem
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG