The online racing simulator
Report - how long??
Hi guys, just wondering how long does it usually take to review the report. I have got mine sitting in my ctra page with "under review" for a good week or two...
The report number is: 16655

Thanks
#2 - J@tko
Quote from Diablotic :Hi guys, just wondering how long does it usually take to review the report. I have got mine sitting in my ctra page with "under review" for a good week or two...
The report number is: 16655

Thanks

It says 'assigned to admin: yes' so it wont be long now
Yes I know it is assigned to admin, this is ok but what bothers me is that it has been assigned to admin for over a week now...
#4 - SamH
There are times when the admins are not able to do every report as soon as it arrives. They have paid jobs, other responsibilities and other interests. Since CTRA admining is not paid work, there are occasional periods when reports get backed up when other things take precedence. Summertime is one such time. As you know, however, all reports are handled eventually.
Fair enough
Thanks for clearing that one for me. Back to racing now.
There is certainly something wrong with this report. I have filled that on 14.07 which is a month today...
A couple of mine have sat there for weeks now as well. One recent one got processed while two older ones were seemingly neglected. Not complaining, just noticing. I thought reports were processed in the order in which they were received.
#8 - J@tko
Quote from Lateralus :A couple of mine have sat there for weeks now as well. One recent one got processed while two older ones were seemingly neglected. Not complaining, just noticing. I thought reports were processed in the order in which they were received.

Reports are handed out to different admins (I think), so perhaps some slacker hasn't done his?
Quote from J@tko : perhaps some slacker hasn't done his?

I'm looking at you Dru
#11 - SamH
We still have a backlog and we're all individually still very busy. Dru is moving house, John is AWOL, Chris R is unbelievably weighed down by schoolwork, workwork and getting ready for the nipper, Chris S and I are working very hard on real-life work and other projects, and time is very thin for all of us at the moment. The "problem" with reports is that to do them right, you have to set time aside to sit down and do them. Even when I have an hour or so to do reports, it's difficult to get more than a few done in that time. I think I'm managing to pick off about 4 reports a day at the moment, but I'm picking off the ones that look easy, tbh. I have a stack of reports in my queue that I know need doing desperately, but I can tell from the report text that they're each going to need a lot of time to get done properly. It's a case of do what you can when you can.

This situation arises 2x in any year (so far), and I know that none of the outstanding reports are critical (I'm at least monitoring for those) so, as far as I can tell the servers aren't suffering directly as a result of pending reports. When they get processed, whoever loses points will lose the same points tomorrow as they would have yesterday, whoever gets banned will have to sit out for the same length of time, no matter when the report gets actioned.
Thanks for the effort you guys put in.
#13 - SamH
And they said it was a thankless task! Dissenters pwned!
#14 - Dru
Quote from The Moose :I'm looking at you Dru

You cheeky animal

As my last comment before I actually move house in the morning and don't get broadband for a week - I'll deal with the 5 reports about your pointy antlers taking other people out when I get back mate

Like Sam said - people will still get punished - it's just they may have a few days extra freedom before goingdown that green mile

Dru...

PS. Sam - good save on the Virgin.... back to BT so off time has been slashed from over 2 weeks to until next thursday
Quote from Dru : I'll deal with the 5 reports about your pointy antlers taking other people out when I get back mate

Phew, at least it's you dealing with those reports. I'm aware that you're open to bribes. The cookies are in the post
Admining is a thankless task but a vital one,In an Ideal world you know when the report system is working when there is no need for reports.
Unfortunately I think long delays( which I appreciate the reasons for) between reports and action being taken will for many put them off reporting in the future.

For me I'm not fussed I see drivers who leave there brains in the pits,who disregard the server rules, I get vocal about It then submit report ... Job done.

It's amazing what you observe sipping tea in the pits.
I am still alive! =) Yeah it's been tough the last couple months with school. Think I am going to take some time off of it when the baby arrives, it doesn't help that I am learning about social theories which bore me to hell... Time management is still a problem for me and pretty soon I am going to have to pull the plug on eve for a while again too. I am selling my BRD Speed7 pedals if anyone wants a set. Just PM me and we can talk about it.

Knackered as hell with being put back on shifts and with everything I pulled my application for cell leader... I have enough to do at the moment.

Phone broke again today.... not sure what it is this time, think it might be the battery, will plug it in properly when I get home.

Aimee and the baby are doing great but Aimee's getting uncomfortable now. Only 6 weeks to go =) We have everything for the baby, just waiting for it to arrive now. We are excited =)

Visa paperwork has been submitted but I am waiting back to hear if it's approved or not. Chances are it will be fine but know knows a month from now I could be on a plane back to the states...permanently...

On Topic...

I think the biggest point IMO about CTRA is everyone working on the project is doing it voluntarily. There is no cash involved so every second someone spends looking at a report is off their own back because they want to. For me I do (have done) 4 reports an hour or so, for 100 reports thats 25 hours of someone's free time, minimum.

I know that nobody has said anything really saying that it’s taking too long for reports to be processed, I just wanted to throw this out there to keep everyone on the same page =)
For me (when I get time), I can churn out a report every... 10 mins or so, so.. slightly more efficient than the rest of them . My first night, I disposed 64 reports in... 8 hours, but it is very time consuming.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG