The online racing simulator
Plane crash in Madrid :(
(91 posts, started )
That's scary as I went to Barcelona a week ago.

R.I.P. to those in the crash.
Awww How sad, rest in peace.
R.I.P to everyone that lost their life on that trip
Sad news.
what is so special about this particular plane crash?
#6 - wien
Quote from Biohazard :what is so special about this particular plane crash?

Why do you feel the need to go there? Feel free to browse one of out other fine threads if this one upsets you.

It thankfully missed your house you heartless git, it's a major plane crash, 160 people on board potentially a death toll of over 100 people.
According to some Ex MD 80 pilot the plane was produced in 1983 which is not old according to him

90 odd MD80's have crashed since production begun in 1980 and 1320 + have been killed since the production .
They say they have a "good" safety record

very sad news
never did i say this threads or ones of this kind make me upset.

it is possible i just read some information over and therefore am a bit confused about a thread started concerning this plane crash.

edit: well, nevermind. i already see a wall of flame coming towards me.
I haven't read the whole thing, but what caused it to shoot off the end of the runway?
Quote from JO53PHS :I haven't read the whole thing, but what caused it to shoot off the end of the runway?

They believe an engine fire caused the plane too shoot off the runway, apparantly the plane lifted 200 metres into the air before gradually coming back down not really sure several different stories. There saying now there was an explosion also.

40+ believed dead
#12 - JJ72
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :90 odd MD80's have crashed since production begun in 1980 and 1320 + have been killed since the production .
They say they have a "good" safety record

You gotta think about how often they are being flown though.

Flying is never completely safe and personally remain one of the scariest way to die.....rest in peace people.
Quote from JJ72 :You gotta think about how often they are being flown though.

Flying is never completely safe and personally remain one of the scariest way to die.....rest in peace people.

Yes that is also very true.

compare the amount of cars driven a day and crashed to a planes chances of crashing.

Very sad to hear
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :...compare the amount of cars driven a day and crashed to a planes chances of crashing....

Yeah, but you can have a car accident everyday with no injuries, on the other hand, if you have a plane accident, you are dead

I´m so sad today, RIP
Quote from NitroNitrous :Yeah, but you can have a car accident everyday with no injuries, on the other hand, if you have a plane accident, you are dead

I´m so sad today, RIP

yep the odd's are much higher of dying in a plane crash than car .
Anyone following it on SKY news ?
I honestly dont know how to feel now. I was in that plane yesterday with my girlfriend, coming back from Las Palmas. You could say we were only a trip away from disaster

Weirdest feeling ever
Quote from BurnOut69 :I honestly dont know how to feel now. I was in that plane yesterday with my girlfriend, coming back from Las Palmas. You could say we were only a trip away from disaster

Weirdest feeling ever

Holy shit mate, that's scary.
I think..well , I think we should apreciate the life we got, nevertless how long it last or hows it end

My condolence to anyone that had some contact with the one taken away in this accident.
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :yep the odd's are much higher of dying in a plane crash than car .

Every accident statistic in the world disagrees with you...

europeans/westerners died in it
Quote from bbman :Every accident statistic in the world disagrees with you...

I think, maybe, what he meant was that IF you are in a car crash you have a higher percentage chance of surviving it than you would IF you were in a plane crash.
Quote from bbman :Every accident statistic in the world disagrees with you...

notice, he said 'in a plane crash'. Not how many crashes there are
Quote from Shotglass :europeans/westerners died in it

Mate, this not the place to throw out a joke or beeing sarcastic
Quote from NitroNitrous :Yeah, but you can have a car accident everyday with no injuries, on the other hand, if you have a plane accident, you are dead

I´m so sad today, RIP

NTSB Aviation accident reports

Nonfatal
Nonfatal
Nonfatal
Nonfatal
Nonfatal
Nonfatal
Fatal
Nonfatal
Fatal

That's today as of 5 am (10 am GMT). 7 non fatal crashes and 2 with fatalities. Madrid incident is listed as 12:45 PM, thus not listed.

My source listed this one as an incident...

NTSB Identification DCA08WA080
Aircraft Boeing 737-282 (5N-BIG)
Injuries 1 Minor, 46 Uninjured.

Scheduled 14 CFR Non-U.S., Commercial operation of Chanchangi Airlines
Incident occurred Monday, July 14, 2008 in Port Harcourt, Nigeria

On July 14, 2008 about 1744 UTC, Chanchangi Airlines flight 138, a Boeing
737-282, 5N-BIG, crashed during landing at Port Harcourt International
Airport, Nigieria. The airplane overran runway 21 following an instrument
approach. Instrument meteorolgical conditions prevailed and thunderstorms
were reported in the area. The 6 crewmembers and 40 passengers were not
injured. One passenger received minor injuries. The airplane received
substantial damage. There was no fire. The departure point was Lagos,
Nigeria.

Flying in an airplane does not equal crash, nor does airplane crash equal death.
#24 - JJ72
I think the thing is in a large scale plane crash, you are in so little control. whatever happens you are just strapped in hoping for the best, and you have no idea what went wrong, are there people trying to fix it and how far away is the inpending doom,that's the scary part to me.

In a car there's less of that suspense and tension, and usually it happens pretty quickly if its fatal.

(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG