The online racing simulator
TY Sam: Suspension of Mid-race join privileges
I see from one of my reports that was just resolved that you've implemented removing mid-race join privileges for specific driver's.

Admin Response: You clearly involve yourself with this race far more than you are permitted. As a midrace joiner, you are required to heed the warnings and instructions issued to you by the X-System. You completely ignored them and caused genuine racers problems as a result. Your midrace join rights have been suspended.

I remember seeing this possibility mentioned in a recent thread, but it's nice to see it's been put into effect. In combination with mild sanctions (Caution, Warning, etc.) this should do a lot to educate people and reduce the problem.

Big thanks, Sam!
#2 - Joris
#3 - SamH
np!

We spent the weekend catching up with reports. Looking at the impending wall of reports and the significant number of references to midrace joiners interfering with ongoing races, we felt that we should actually introduce a mechanism for selectively preventing drivers from midrace joining after all (so much for me putting my foot down ). So we built that into the X-System, incorporated it into the admin functions, and now can address individual instances rather than blocking MRJ globally - something I was desperately keen to avoid doing. By far the majority of midrace joiners "get it", and keep well out of the way. The MRJ option in CTRA is valuable, and we felt it should only be denied to those people who actually abuse it.

The restrictions (usually, unless we're really pissed off with an individual) expire and the date of expiry is based on participation. In other words, you can work off the penalty by racing. The more you race, the earlier the date of expiry will be.

As with most/all of our admin decisions, the penalties that are issued are proportionate to experience, licence level and "previous convictions".

Thanks to everyone for your continuing support for the things we do
Quote from SamH :

As with most/all of our admin decisions, the penalties that are issued are proportionate to experience, licence level and "previous convictions".

How do you measure experience?
Quote from Jangler :How do you measure experience?

Number of races/laps a person has done on the CTRA servers?
#6 - SamH
Quote from Jangler :How do you measure experience?

Quote from obsolum :Number of races/laps a person has done on the CTRA servers?

Yep, basically. It's an admin's assessment of how much better the driver *should* know than to do what he's doing. We didn't penalise drivers for midrace joining as severely for incidents that happened before 14th Aug as we did for those after, because everybody had to re-read and agree to the rules on that date, and from that point on the rules should have been fresh in their minds. Operative word here, of course, is *should*. We cannot concern ourselves with whether or not they *did* pay attention to the rules they agreed to. I guess our job is to set the expectation, and the driver's job is to meet it.
I noticed this one earlier, I think - excellent job, just what we needed!

Even I didn't think of this solution..

Sam

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG