The online racing simulator
S1 and S2 content
(28 posts, started )
S1 and S2 content
Heya,

I think I might get S1 license sometime soon, so just out of curiosity checked what tracks and cars you'd exactly get for 12 quid.

6 new additional cars and 2 new tracks! While S2 would give you an additional 11 cars and 3 tracks

6 and 11, that's quite a poor balance?

In s2 you'd pay around 90p for a single car and in S1 it would be whopping 2 pounds each!

Just saying that the balance is a bit off

Now lets hear something from angry s2ers!
Just buy the damn S2, then you get all.
Quote from Electric Eye :Heya,

I think I might get S1 license sometime soon, so just out of curiosity checked what tracks and cars you'd exactly get for 12 quid.

6 new additional cars and 2 new tracks! While S2 would give you an additional 11 cars and 3 tracks

In s2 you'd pay around 90p for a single car and in S1 it would be whopping 2 pounds each!

Well - In S1 you get the online experience of about 3 servers. In S2 you get the online experience of about 100 servers with people in them.

The online is the best part of LFS, There isn't really much point in going S1.
As I already said, the demo cars and Blackwood track are part of the S1 content, so in actual fact the balance is 9 and 11 (or is it 12 now with the FBM?) cars with 3 tracks in each.

The fact you've played Blackwood, the XFG, XRG and FBM/XRT to death doesn't stop it being an example of the content. Because you could stick the FZR in there too, but then you'd only get 10 "new" cars with S2.

It's a free sample, not something that's taken away.
Oh dear then it's pointless to get S1 if you'll only have couple servers available to race in :|
I wouldn't bother buying S1, buy S2 and come race with the rest of us
Quote from SabersKunk :I wouldn't bother buying S1, buy S2 and come race with the rest of us

I'll see what I can do, should get wheel maybe first as most of S2 content is a bit useless if you don't have pedals to take proper control over the powerful cars.
Dont worry, d00d! There is TC and FXR!
There is CTRA race 1 on S1. It's good enough
But you can buy S1 first, then, after some time you can buy s2 for another 12 pounds.
Well that's a good idea :-)

Anyone knows when s3 will come out? I guess it will be another 12 pounds?
Quote from Electric Eye :I'll see what I can do, should get wheel maybe first as most of S2 content is a bit useless if you don't have pedals to take proper control over the powerful cars.

Pedals are needed only for very powerful cars like fo8, bf1 and RAC(btw, i can't control it even with pedals)

Quote :Anyone knows when s3 will come out? I guess it will be another 12 pounds?

No one knows it. Even Scawen doesn't
When it's finished, and it might be £12, it might be more. Nobody knows the answer to either.
Quote from Electric Eye :Well that's a good idea :-)

Anyone knows when s3 will come out? I guess it will be another 12 pounds?

It's ages to take for S3, maybe 2011 ...
Hm.. well it would take maybe 4-5 years to develop it, but you would still have to pay when S3 gets released, patch A I guess? Rather than after it gets done.
Quote from Electric Eye :but you would still have to pay when S3 gets released, patch A I guess? Rather than after it gets done.

Yes, that's correct. But it will probably still be quite a few years before we see the first S3 release. Don't be fooled into thinking that 4 or 5 years from now S3 will be finished. If we're lucky, Scawen will be somewere into S3 development by then, on patch B or whatever, but don't hold your breath
And the balance of Cars, is that the devs, produced till the mrt, then decided to make a big graphic/physic update and go to s2.
S2 is worth the 50 bucks or 24 pounds.

And this is patch Z i'd expect S3 by 2010 or maybe even next year.

ALSO! Heres another catch notice the Patch Z0.5 some people have said it'll go on to Patch A0.6 and Patch A0.7... You get it. I think S2 final is next.
#18 - troy
Quote from mcintyrej :Well - In S1 you get the online experience of about 3 servers. In S2 you get the online experience of about 100 servers with people in them.

Uhm, that's not entirely correct any more, i think you forgot that we got a new way the whole server list stuff is handled with patch Z, even now I see 10 server's running S1 content with people online, I'm sure on peak hours there are 20-40 to choose from.
Quote from Electric Eye :Heya,

If you can afford a computer to play the demo stop bothering us with value for money issues. It's 24 pounds man, change by any West European standards. DO IT!
I bought S1 but 2 days later bought S2, why? Because in S1 there are just a few servers and not too much ppl
true about s1, its depresing...but im gettin s2 friday so why not you?
Quote from runeman :S2 is worth the 50 bucks or 24 pounds.

And this is patch Z i'd expect S3 by 2010 or maybe even next year.

ALSO! Heres another catch notice the Patch Z0.5 some people have said it'll go on to Patch A0.6 and Patch A0.7... You get it. I think S2 final is next.

So patch Z wasn't the final version of S2 ?
S2 in in alpha at the moment, this means features and functions are still being added. Once that's complete it will go beta, that means all features and functions are added and any remaining bugs are being worked on. Once all the bugs are worked out it goes final.
Oh , I thought it was done
Don't let the alpha tag put you off though, it's fully functioning and more or less bug-free currently.

S1 and S2 content
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG