The online racing simulator
same here , untill about 50 mins in i went back to n00b and forgot the track went left after t3 and hit the wall at some considerable speed , resulting my camber looking like this on the left \_) so turning right was a issue and Beano caught me and i never thought i would be race pace either cosiderin the Fz5 is not my favorite car , so yea good racing all nice battle at the start with the leaders then it went a bit messy after that .

next week F08 and uf classes in a 2 hour at blackwood ?
Enjoyed the event even though I was the slow dog as I typically am. Well hosted and started on time Not many competitors but all that showed were friendly and it was a great environment. Small suggestion is I didn't really feel it was "mixed class" racing. Of course it was to test anyway, but maybe some more speed difference between the cars, or even a different track might help. There were obviously a split in classes, but not the lapped traffic and such that I have come to enjoy with mixed class racing. (However due to my slow car I was lapped by the RAC and FZ5 class...) I blame my mechanic for not fixing that throttle...
I liked the classes this way... The difference is not big, you can still see some LRFs after 1 or 2 minutes. The track is huge so wasn't enough for lapping, but it should be interesting once it happens because the main difference is on straights (no crazy GTRs lapping you on the outside of critical corners).

My race was pretty fun, passed Trio after T1 and managed to stay ahead for 45 minutes untill I had to pit. He was there all the time on my mirror so it was quite tense. When I braked entering the pits my tyre popped - couldn't be in a better place! - , so it costed me some seconds and I couldn't catch him anymore. But it was fun.

Quote from jwardy :next week F08 and uf classes in a 2 hour at blackwood ?

Hahah nice one.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Was fun

I only practiced a few laps with 20% fuel, adjusted the set a bit and.. then didn't drive for a few days. Tonight came and I did Qualy with 20% fuel.. no sweat. I figured 80% fuel was safe for the race. I wasn't too confident with Danowat and Bean0 behind me, they are not exactly noobs lol. So I tried to focus because the RAC can be pretty dangerous in corner entry..
But the 80% fuel load totally changed the car, it was understeering like a FWD and strangely enough I couldn't get the front tyres to warm up the first few laps.. so Danowat could stay VERY close and eventually he could pass me. Heading for the first split he was driving on my right going downhill and I eased off the throttle because I knew being on the inside my car would go to the outside coming out of the "compression". Sadly enough for whatever reason we still hit each other and I had a nice moment but I managed to keep it on the blacktop..after that I had a hard time concentrating.. but finally after a few laps the car started to understeer less so I got more confident.. the remaining laps were pretty easy and I consolidated the second half of the race, making sure I didn't crash.

Nice race and thanks for organising
Yeah, that was always going to end in tears, it's a very fast part of the track, downhill, corner, I was trying to stop going on the grass without colliding with you, but we still made the slightest of contact, it's all good though, thats racing I guess .

I ran qualifying with race fuel load, to avoid the problem of adding fuel causing funny handling changes , something I learnt from the RSSC leagues
#31 - bozo
I'm Mr Consistency. Started 5th, finished 5th, and kept a consistent pace throughout. I did at one stage pass Beano when he ran wide on the first long right hander before the twisty section. That was a place he was having some problems as I saw a few yellows when following from a distance. He retook the position after the pitstops, and after that the speed differential of those ahead meant that I could only wait for a mistake, but nobody made any of significance.

I liked the format of the session, 2 mixed class races on track. Drivers were very polite too, which always adds to the occasion.

A shorter track will make everything even more interesting, I'll be looking out for the next event.
Quote from bozo :that I could only wait for a mistake, but nobody made any of significance.

errr if anyone has a replay check my car around the 52 mins mark lol that wasent a mistake that was a duuuuhh moment
#33 - bozo
Quote from jwardy :errr if anyone has a replay check my car around the 52 mins mark lol that wasent a mistake that was a duuuuhh moment

I've not seen the incident, but I do remember Beano taking your 3rd position quite late in the race. Must have been your duuuuuhh moment!
Quote from bozo :I've not seen the incident, but I do remember Beano taking your 3rd position quite late in the race. Must have been your duuuuuhh moment!

yep :P
When is the next race? I would really like to join this time.

Mixed-class Racing Event: 1 hour at AS6R (info & sign-up)
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG