The online racing simulator
Script Question. Complying to CTRA Rules.
Detailed question about Rule #6

I have an Auto Hot-Key Script that allows me to press a key one time and it shows the damage to the suspension then 6 secs later it switches back to tire temps. My question is this. Am I in violation of rule #6? It does give me advantage as not having to thumb for multiple buttons during a race. However, it doesn't boost the performance ability of my car. It simply allows me to concentrate more on the race then on the buttons on the wheel. I feel this script allows me to be a safer driver to those around me.

I would hate to think I was in violation of CTRA policy for the past few months. This was brought to my attention when the rules were updated and I re-read them.

Below I have completely divulged my script. Nothing special, but I want to be completely open about that I have been using. F12 is for pit strat. My hope is this is ok and others may use it to assist them with on-screen menus and other non performance enhancing tasks allowing them to drive the car instead of fumble with an assortment of keys. This could be very useful for G25 users given the limited amount of on wheel buttons. You could even have one key to cycle through the different HUDs one after the other with one press at a time. It would cycle them in a rotational manner.

JoystickNumber = 0

Joy1::
SetKeyDelay, 6000, -1
SendEvent {F10}

SendEvent {F9}
return

Joy4::
SendEvent {F12}
Return

If this is not acceptable then please remove my code and I will go ahead and apologize in advance if this is considered cheating.

Thank you.

Jay [400]
Doubt it.
"Drivers must not use, at any time, any external applications to provide an unfair advantage over other drivers in the servers. Such applications include, but are not limited to: external scripts for automation; applications used to intercept/manipulate data packets. Drivers found using such programs on servers, including those not governed by CTRA, will be permanently excluded from CTRA servers."

Yours does not interfere with the car at all, so it doesnt give you an unfair advantage.
Quote from MijnWraak :Doubt it.
"Drivers must not use, at any time, any external applications to provide an unfair advantage over other drivers in the servers. Such applications include, but are not limited to: external scripts for automation; applications used to intercept/manipulate data packets. Drivers found using such programs on servers, including those not governed by CTRA, will be permanently excluded from CTRA servers."

Yours does not interfere with the car at all, so it doesnt give you an unfair advantage.

This was how I interpreted it as well. However, I felt it necessary to disclose this just to not be judged as dishonest if the matter ever came up.
Totally harmless

I have a simpler script that enables me to scroll through F9-F12 menus with a single button on my shifter. Yours seems to be better, though
#5 - SamH
You're fine with that script, Jay

We're particularly referring to driving inputs, most particularly the routines that automate or cheat gear change/clutch depression combinations at super-human speeds, or in ways not catered for within LFS

Not that we can definitively determine these things, but we've agreed within the CTRA that the fact that we can't necessarily tell shouldn't mean that we can't make a ruling on it.. and so it's found its way into our rules
Thanks everyone. Glad to clear that up.

*Edit I mean: Glad you guys could clear that up.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG