The online racing simulator
Something needs to be done about this...
(33 posts, closed, started )
#26 - SamH
Quote from The Very End :Yepp, some people are too narrow minded to be able discussing with. A forum is where you exchange oppinions, and both negative opinions and positive is accepted. Too bad some people are "fixed" on one beliv, and everything else is wrong What's the point with a forum then?

So then this isn't about cruisers but about completely natural and inevitable aspects of human nature? It sounds like it has nothing to do with LFS at all, and everything to do with turning criticism into something that should be stamped out. I don't see much appeal to that at all.

If someone believes that drifting sucks, that's their belief. If someone believes that cruising sucks, that's their belief. If someone believes that the people that criticise cruising/drifting suck, that's their belief.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as long as they can justify it by reasoned explanation, and without giving blatant offence, I think they should be able to voice it. In fact I'll go so far as to say that anyone who wants to stamp on other people for their reasoned beliefs should be stamped out themselves.

As for this topic, I can see that it would be reasonable to post the original post in response to something said against cruisers, but it isn't. It's its own thread, so it has no context. I just don't see this mass cruiser flaming that is being claimed going on. I see programmers responding negatively to "i wont u 2 mak me a insim sth 4 cruzin" posts, and I can understand why. But those responses aren't about cruising, they're about the cruisers that are posting the requests. I'd suggest that the OP stop generalising while he's demanding that everybody else stop generalising. Then you can ask people to do as you do, rather than just do as you say (which never gets a good response, trust me).

We don't know Scavier's vision for the future. We don't know Scavier's idea of what LFS should be. I don't get the impression that it's intended to be a cruise sim, but I could be wrong and it could be in the future. I perceive the [cruise] filter as something for racers to filter out the cruise servers, rather than for cruisers to filter out the race servers, but I could be wrong there too.

Scavier call LFS an "online racing simulator", and I take that to mean exactly what it says on the tin. Nobody has a right to demand that they change their vision. Not cruisers, not drifters, not racers. LFS will be what LFS will be, and while ever you don't accept that I truly believe you'll be in conflict generally. You can make your suggestions, expect them to be criticised, and hope that Scavier like your idea (nobody else's opinion actually matters) and that's it, end of. No demands.
These forums need a cruise filter. Then ppl can get on with their lives.

Dont use the "C" word and everything will be ok.

LFS is Racing first
Others follow.
Be nice to each other - live long and prosper
you could of email the devs with this post you made instead of making it so bashing can start
Not everyone can race good (like me) so Cruise servers are a good option, and I don't see why people should hate them if they don't use them. LFS is still just a sim, not ALL about racing. They made the cruise filter for a reason, so people can use them for fun, or to preactice racing.

People spent £24 on S2. Why don't you let people do what they want? they already spent their cash.
#30 - aoun
I have two beliefs.

1. RS1T, this is sort of how things are. There are the youngings saying "cruzing sucks" "racing is shit" etc and theres the elderly, mature giving top posts like SamH did. Thats life. There is always mature people, and theres always pricks. The earth has how many billion? and the fact that there are so many different attitudes and personalities on this planet, as well as LFS, how can you expect to be a big forum be so peaceful and constructive? Especially when everyone can have their say. (IE, this forum).

2. I will probably cop something from the next person who posts!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The main reason that cruisers and drifters (cruisers in particular) get so much flak is that they continue to request that their concerns be put ahead of those of the racers in the community. This is a racing sim, has been from the start, and the devs have made it very clear that it will continue to be. The devs are not interested in making this a cruising sim (contradiction in terms) or a drifting sim--but if those things come as a byproduct, so be it.

Scawen & Co. have been very insistent on developing their own vision of LFS, and the racers who have been with LFS for the long haul get understandably fed up with the new waves of non-racers who show up and think that they have the right to demand equal consideration (or any consideration, period) for their preferred activities.

+1
I couldn't say or write it any better.
Quote from SamH :So then this isn't about cruisers but about completely natural and inevitable aspects of human nature? It sounds like it has nothing to do with LFS at all, and everything to do with turning criticism into something that should be stamped out. I don't see much appeal to that at all.

If someone believes that drifting sucks, that's their belief. If someone believes that cruising sucks, that's their belief. If someone believes that the people that criticise cruising/drifting suck, that's their belief.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as long as they can justify it by reasoned explanation, and without giving blatant offence, I think they should be able to voice it. In fact I'll go so far as to say that anyone who wants to stamp on other people for their reasoned beliefs should be stamped out themselves.

As for this topic, I can see that it would be reasonable to post the original post in response to something said against cruisers, but it isn't. It's its own thread, so it has no context. I just don't see this mass cruiser flaming that is being claimed going on. I see programmers responding negatively to "i wont u 2 mak me a insim sth 4 cruzin" posts, and I can understand why. But those responses aren't about cruising, they're about the cruisers that are posting the requests. I'd suggest that the OP stop generalising while he's demanding that everybody else stop generalising. Then you can ask people to do as you do, rather than just do as you say (which never gets a good response, trust me).

We don't know Scavier's vision for the future. We don't know Scavier's idea of what LFS should be. I don't get the impression that it's intended to be a cruise sim, but I could be wrong and it could be in the future. I perceive the [cruise] filter as something for racers to filter out the cruise servers, rather than for cruisers to filter out the race servers, but I could be wrong there too.

Scavier call LFS an "online racing simulator", and I take that to mean exactly what it says on the tin. Nobody has a right to demand that they change their vision. Not cruisers, not drifters, not racers. LFS will be what LFS will be, and while ever you don't accept that I truly believe you'll be in conflict generally. You can make your suggestions, expect them to be criticised, and hope that Scavier like your idea (nobody else's opinion actually matters) and that's it, end of. No demands.

Aww, I can't answer good on that, you totally outtalk me

But yes, maybe it's just the human nature itself that is the problem here.
You got a valid point about belivs, since peopel have different point of veiw.
At least, or, well damnit how to say that, anyway - I somehow feel that some people are of this race-boy-fanatics , that goes all out anger on anything alternative to racing. They are totaly impossible to talk with, and whatever of comments you threw at them they will retilate back with "lfs is a racing simulator".

NOW, I see that as a point too, since it's what it is - a racing simulator. But that some people chose to use the game alternatively is a choise for them, why must there be so much tension and hate (why not hug and kisses?) towards anyone that drives the game on a other way than the..what should I call it - racing way.

I ofc have a lot of loyality to Scawen and co, but I think some people are pure fanboys and scawnists, meaning the holy grale itself is that man and if he has said the game is about racing - GOD FORBID that it's going to be used on any other way!

But as you say, we don't know what his thoughts about this is. We know he aims for, and works for, making LFS into a racing sim.
But to be honest I don't think Scawen and co really give a crap on how people play the game (as long they don't cheat etc etc).

Sorry that this text has no good sence or build up, I got hangover and my ass hurt, aswell as a blue eye I have no idea of why, but I hope you understand.

Edit : and yes, I do neighter drift, and have only been online on cruise server for a hour or two, when I was drunk and needed someone to talk with
I'm closing this thread because there's no further purpose to it (if there was any to begin with - when complaining you START a thread in a negative sense - how do you expect it turns into something positive I don't know. Probably by being positive yourself to begin with?).
This thread is closed

Something needs to be done about this...
(33 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG