The online racing simulator
Something needs to be done about this...
(33 posts, closed, started )
#1 - RS1T
Hi im RS1T ive had S2 for a while now, never really took off with racing and got bored as i was so bad at it, so then i discovered cruise servers. Here i found a friendly, relaxing and fun way to play, where there is no pressure on you to be a skilled driver or to have a wheel( i use a kb). In the cruise servers there are lots of fun things like earning virtual money to buy better cars, getting involved in police pursuits. I have made loads of friends in the servers and we like just cruising around the track together without any pressure. SOME people seem to have a problem with cruising ( i wont mention any names but you know who you are). I know it sounds hard to believe but cruisers are now a big part of this game. And the sooner the DieHard Race fans accept that we are just as entitled as they are to make suggestions for the next patch, or insim server suggestions the better. Just browsing around on this forum the second anyone mentions anything about cruising some people (usually the same ones) make comments like 'whats the point in cruise servers delete them all' and 'how sad do you have to be to drive around earning virtual money?' In a thread making a suggestion for cruise servers a moderator suggested that any suggestions to improve the game that was not purely for racing was a waste of dev time. It is NOT as there are a huge amount of cruisers playing, and the cruisers are the customers too, and when the devs update the game it will have new features helpful to all customers, whether they are racers, drifters or even cruisers. My main point is this HUGE negative attitude has got to stop. A forum is supposed to be a place where people can exchange thoughts and ideas (and other things) in a friendly and mature way. But on the cruising front i have seen a lot of unfriendly and childish remarks about Cruisers on this forum. I have seen similar remarks about drifters as well. There are A LOT of people who enjoy the sim for cruising and drifting, and inevitably they bring in a fair chunk of the income for the game, and as our money helps pay for further development of the game, i feel that it is fair that cruisers and drifters should make suggestions and comments about drifting and cruising without getting crap from the racers the whole time.

I DID NOT START THIS THREAD FOR PEOPLE TO MAKE COMMENTS, ON HOW CRUISERS ARE BAD... etc. etc. OR TO START AN ARGUMENT, THIS WAS STARTED TO BRING THE PROBLEM TO THE ATTENTION OF SOMEBODY WITH THE POWER TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

If you dont have anything constructive to say, please dont post it.

Thanks for Listening

R-S-One-T
Please

use

line breaks

and

paragraphs

KTHX!

Don't tell me to go away either, because you asked for constructive things to be said and that's my 2 cents.

Also, nobody has "the power to change it", due to the people being the ones that run the servers, and the people have the attitudes. If you dislike it, suck it up, and stick with your "cruise" filter set to on.

Nobody cares if you're a cruiser so get your head out of your ass. By bringing the attention to yourself, you're even worse than the morons that go "OMG I ARE DRIFTER! U HATE ME LULZ" with no factual basis to back their statements.

IMO - The big reason why cruisers have a bad name, is their incessant need to go "OMG! I HAS SERVER" in every post they have, when all it is, is the default C# cruise server base. Then before that base was posted, all them asking for "insims" which were simply cruise servers.
It just got on peoples tits, making them feel that cruisers were a bunch of power hungry 9 year old twats wanting their own servers so they could drive the best cars without going through the ladders of the more reputable servers such as CLC.
Racers FTMFW!
I'm going to make a comment. Cruisers are bad!

Now to start an argument.. Hmm..

Quote from RS1T :If you dont have anything constructive to say, please dont post it.

You should take your own advice.
I agree with you RS1T, I hate seeing useless remarks made towards cruisers or drifters. This negative attitude has to stop. Drifters have been here ever since LFS 0.1 was released over 5 years ago. Cruisers have appeared more recently, ever since InSim got that major update, but they are also here to stay. As for future updates, I don't think cruisers and drifters have much to ask for, cruisers don't care for physics updates (they only want the red-white barrier bug fixed already dammit!!!), and drifters only want R3 tires on the XRT (which they'll never get). That's about it, so I don't see why any mod would get so worked up about these groups asking for improvements.

Cruisers and drifters are here to stay and I will personally flame the next person who insults them as I too enjoy a good cruise every once in a while.
This was built to be a racing sim and is still being built to be a racing sim, if you don't like it, **** off. TAGL
#7 - richo
This may have started as a racing sim but now it appears to be all things to all men/woman...

The cruisers dont disturb the racers or the drifters or the rally crossers for that matter, if crusing floats your boat then more power to you.

I think the only reason cruisers/drifters get a hard time as there seen to be lowering the credibility of the sim? Personally i think its a huge feather in LFS's virtual cap that it makes so may different types of simmers/gamers happy.

We should be happy LFS isnt as anal as other sims
If LFS was as anal as other sims, my arse would hurt.
it is anal as, spend a day with me and bio in the merc stunt division....
After driving with you yesterday, I'm pretty sure my rear would get rammed rather hard, that is until I got 'horn'y, then I could watch teh DuCkz0rzzzz run away like a scared little girl.
Quote from richo :This may have started as a racing sim but now it appears to be all things to all men/woman...

The cruisers dont disturb the racers or the drifters or the rally crossers for that matter, if crusing floats your boat then more power to you.

I think the only reason cruisers/drifters get a hard time as there seen to be lowering the credibility of the sim?

The main reason that cruisers and drifters (cruisers in particular) get so much flak is that they continue to request that their concerns be put ahead of those of the racers in the community. This is a racing sim, has been from the start, and the devs have made it very clear that it will continue to be. The devs are not interested in making this a cruising sim (contradiction in terms) or a drifting sim--but if those things come as a byproduct, so be it.

Scawen & Co. have been very insistent on developing their own vision of LFS, and the racers who have been with LFS for the long haul get understandably fed up with the new waves of non-racers who show up and think that they have the right to demand equal consideration (or any consideration, period) for their preferred activities.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :After driving with you yesterday, I'm pretty sure my rear would get rammed rather hard, that is until I got 'horn'y, then I could watch teh DuCkz0rzzzz run away like a scared little girl.

Meh he seems to always do that when im right up behind him, kinda sprints off like a fat kid running for a donut. wait... rolfcopter
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The main reason that cruisers and drifters (cruisers in particular) get so much flak is that they continue to request that their concerns be put ahead of those of the racers in the community. This is a racing sim, has been from the start, and the devs have made it very clear that it will continue to be. The devs are not interested in making this a cruising sim (contradiction in terms) or a drifting sim--but if those things come as a byproduct, so be it.

Scawen & Co. have been very insistent on developing their own vision of LFS, and the racers who have been with LFS for the long haul get understandably fed up with the new waves of non-racers who show up and think that they have the right to demand equal consideration (or any consideration, period) for their preferred activities.

You nailed it sir, well spoken

But however, I have nothing against cruise servers, but generally what piss me off is the people on them. They are by far the worst kind of people in LFS, and their attitute is sometimes purely bullshit.

Now, I don't say that this is a stereotype of people driving on cruise servers, I just say that some people there got real issues...

RS1T, I like the way you write, and you got some solid points. Gamers must enjoy a game how they want, without other people telling them that their veiw of gaming is wrong. I see that some people like this idea of driving, and when driving enough you get lisenced and got money enough to buy better cars. It's kind of rewarding.

Now what I wonder about - why not use this on driving instead? If you currently suck at racing, why don't practice pratice practice? You will se BIG improvements, and I'm sure that with some time you can fight for the lead, even with KB! It's just needed to adapt the racing style after what controll you got, even if KB is harder than wheel it should be possible to be equally fast. My point here is, you WILL see improvments, isn't that rewarding to? At the same way as getting new cars and more money?

But again, you bought the game - you chose how to play it
Quote from RS1T :
I DID NOT START THIS THREAD FOR PEOPLE TO MAKE COMMENTS, ON HOW CRUISERS ARE BAD... etc. etc. OR TO START AN ARGUMENT, THIS WAS STARTED TO BRING THE PROBLEM TO THE ATTENTION OF SOMEBODY WITH THE POWER TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Well, it's good that you started this thread. I'm sure no one here had any idea that this problem existed. You are absolutely the first one to bring this to our attention.

Quote from The Very End :snipped

i have to agree with you here. but the bashing doesn't stop at cruise/drift threads. it's also usually the same heads dissing hardware, real life cars, game improvements....... basically anything that they don't have/do.
Quote from RS1T :My main point is this HUGE negative attitude has got to stop.

No.

The best way out of your problem would be to start raising your average speed on the cruise servers, and as you learn how to handle your car then you could move up to autocross servers. After a while, I bet you would be in shape to go racing!
There's a pretty thick line of healthy cohabitation between drift/cruise/race.. There's no good reason for it to be as hard to walk it as so many whiners and flamers seem so bent on pretending.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I agree with you RS1T, I hate seeing useless remarks made towards cruisers or drifters. This negative attitude has to stop. Drifters have been here ever since LFS 0.1 was released over 5 years ago. Cruisers have appeared more recently, ever since InSim got that major update, but they are also here to stay. As for future updates, I don't think cruisers and drifters have much to ask for, cruisers don't care for physics updates (they only want the red-white barrier bug fixed already dammit!!!), and drifters only want R3 tires on the XRT (which they'll never get). That's about it, so I don't see why any mod would get so worked up about these groups asking for improvements.

Cruisers and drifters are here to stay and I will personally flame the next person who insults them as I too enjoy a good cruise every once in a while.

I couldnt say it better
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I agree with you RS1T, I hate seeing useless remarks made towards cruisers or drifters. This negative attitude has to stop. Drifters have been here ever since LFS 0.1 was released over 5 years ago. Cruisers have appeared more recently, ever since InSim got that major update, but they are also here to stay. As for future updates, I don't think cruisers and drifters have much to ask for, cruisers don't care for physics updates (they only want the red-white barrier bug fixed already dammit!!!), and drifters only want R3 tires on the XRT (which they'll never get). That's about it, so I don't see why any mod would get so worked up about these groups asking for improvements.

If it was the case they would cruise on Test drive unlimited on not in LFS.

BTW cruising is cool (I like it personnaly) but as already said this game was sold as a racing sim and it would be some kind of betrayal over its first commitment to work in that direction.

I wonder if one day Scavier could sold its physic engine to another game. Would be nice a GTA with LFS engine
Hi,
RS1T after all its yours game you pay for it so how you drive and what you doo i dont really care but......."LFS S2 its a serious simulator obviously requires a very good physics simulation to provide the thrill and fun of real racing. This is done by simulating all aspects that are important to racing. LFS S2 is the second step towards our vision of what the sim must become and already does a very good job in simulating real racing. Many racing aspects are covered - comprehensive setup possibilities, fuel usage, tyre wear, a lot of different surface types, intriguing racing environments, different car classes, etc. All these aspects make sure you have enough to practise with and spend time on learning the flow of the tracks. Additionally, don't forget to plan your pitstops - find out how much fuel your car uses on a track and how are your tyres behaving on any track, with your driving style. All aspects you will have to think about in real racing and as such you need to think about them in S2 as well."

Quote from DeadWolfBones :The main reason that cruisers and drifters (cruisers in particular) get so much flak is that they continue to request that their concerns be put ahead of those of the racers in the community. This is a racing sim, has been from the start, and the devs have made it very clear that it will continue to be. The devs are not interested in making this a cruising sim (contradiction in terms) or a drifting sim--but if those things come as a byproduct, so be it.

I dont cruise myself but i can see were the OP is coming from even if he has done it the wrong way. Cruisers seem to be the new Drifters who were the New Oval Guys , if you get my drift (no pun intended) .

I just cant see the point of bagging out the whole genre of crusing/drifting/dragging (nearly forgot those bastards) for want of a better word , your just tarring everyone with the same brush.
Quote from dadge :i have to agree with you here. but the bashing doesn't stop at cruise/drift threads. it's also usually the same heads dissing hardware, real life cars, game improvements....... basically anything that they don't have/do.

Yepp, some people are too narrow minded to be able discussing with. A forum is where you exchange oppinions, and both negative opinions and positive is accepted. Too bad some people are "fixed" on one beliv, and everything else is wrong What's the point with a forum then?
I Hate these threads. The more people that post these threads the more racers hate cruisers. Everyone just shut up posting cruising/drifting threads and the trolls won't be able to bash you anywhere.
Many people who play mostly in cruise servers have issues, but the one that don't tolerate cruisers/drifters are the ones that have real issues...

Stop thinking that the line of development is going to change because of a lot of cruisers/drifters asking for their needs to be fulfilled. The devs have very clear in their mind how they want the sim to be, and that's their main goal. After that they listen to what the community asks for, and if they like the idea they do it, otherwise they don't. But that's the order: first come the devs plans, then community requests.

If a bunch of cruisers ask for some changes to develop cruising the devs may like it, but you can be sure they'll be putting racing and hotlapping in the first place of their priority list.

So, don't worry about non-racers and just let them be, no hard feelings. In the end the sim will be what the devs want it to be, not what the majority of users want. It jut happens that the devs usually want the same things in the game as we do!
Quote from mcintyrej :i Hate These Threads. The More People That Post These Threads The More Racers Hate Cruisers. Everyone Just Shut Up Posting Cruising/drifting Threads And The Trolls Won't Be Able To Bash You Anywhere.

Qft!
This thread is closed

(33 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG