The online racing simulator
Automated waiting list
Hello!

Some time ago I designed a 'Race of LFS Champions' layout. I've been testing it untill there were no bugs left, and the races are as fair as possible.

It's figure 8 kind of track. 2 lanes, 1 crossover. Both drivers drive every corner on the track once, but they'll be in separate lanes. Well, see the 'Race of Champions'.

But for that to work there should be an automated waiting list. For example, we have driver A, driver B, C and D (in the joining order). First race will be A vs B. A wins, so A stays in and B spectates. C joines. A vs C. A wins again, but max times to stay in is twice. So it's B vs D. And so on.

And that would also require automatic restart, for example 1 min after the race is finished. In that time the loser must spectate and the new driver has to join. So it would be good if there is auto-spectate for the loser, and the new player gets, say 15 seconds to join, or the next one has to.

And for that to work as a qualifying for the finals, all times should be recorded and saved into a database. The best 16 drivers go to the finals to fight.

Would something like that be possibe with an insim-program?

Thanks in advance,
Darkone
a winner-stays one-on-one ladder system sounds doable, but i think it would be easier done with an admin doing it.

the automatic restart should be easy though (most existing addons have this function [vcom, lfslapper])... as for db stuff, from what i understand it's pretty easy too, but i've never created my own db stuff before, all my webapps (phpBB3, mythweb) take care of that stuff for me.

hope this helps somewhat.
Quote from bunder9999 :a winner-stays one-on-one ladder system sounds doable, but i think it would be easier done with an admin doing it.

No, I tried it as admin, but it's very easy to make a mistake with it, and the point of it being automated is that there doesn't have to be an admin.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG