The online racing simulator
How do i use automatically downloaded skins?
hi i am new here and i would like to use the skins i have automatically downloaded from going online, i have dragged the ones i want from 'skins x' into 'skins' but it still doesn't work, please help!
#2 - Bean0
The auto download is so you can see other players skins, not use them yourself.
A lot of them may be team liveries, or private skins of another nature.

It is considered bad form to use skins that are auto downloaded to your skins_x folder.
There are plenty of skins for public use available from the forums, and also other websites.
Wait, I thought Demo users couldn't use the auto-download option? Or is it just the high-res option they can't use?
#4 - Bean0
Quote from obsolum :Wait, I thought Demo users couldn't use the auto-download option? Or is it just the high-res option they can't use?

They can autodownload to see our B-E-A-utiful skins.
They can't upload their own.

I imagine if they paid for credit they could have hires downloads, but still no upload slots.
i have tried this just now but it is still not in lfs as a choice of skin
#6 - Bean0
i have tried that and when i click new, it goes sraight to the skins and the skin i downloaded isn't there
#8 - Bean0
Is the skin named correctly ?

eg. XRT_MySkin.jpg
well the actual name doesn't have .jpg on but it is a jpeg image,
i was wondering if i had to put it into the skins_dds folder
its ok, i have found it
thanks for your help much appreciated
Just get S2 fella, Believe me, it is well worth the $ considering everything it offers. I was a demo racer for 2 months,got S2 and i can honestly say that i have never looked back!! ** PLUG - -Lfs Bangers- -

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG