The online racing simulator
Grippier Tires on Different Servers?
Hey guys
I was wondering is it just me or is the grip on tyres more so on different servers. I experienced this when I was on a NLR server and I found that I could floor it to the max on the exit of the turns in the FBM. After a few laps i joined a different host and tried same thing but only found that I just spinned out. Also the car felt much more loose on this server.
No difference in tyres - the only difference in conditions from server to server that can possibly be is if it's windy or not.
-
(bmwe30m3) DELETED by bmwe30m3
Wind.
(Or, maybe, less lag, so you can drive more smoother?)
Quote from bmwe30m3 :maybe your tyres on the diffrent server were cold

That's also my guess...
I used the same setup and it was on the first lap
either wind or ur exit was differnt or ur mid corner speed was differnt

i know sometimes i will have to change my lines depending on how agressive im driving
A definite vote for wind from me. Wind can come from any direction. If it is behind you, you will be approaching the corner faster than normal, thus take the corner hotter than normal and think there is less grip if you don't notice the difference.

Wind from the side can push your car to different handling causing oversteer or understeer. It is possible for wind to hit you from either side.
sounds like wind
smells like wind.
would it be a conicedence that the wind was blowing the right direction for me every turn?
im guessing it was the lines
lol wind in any direction cause's the car to handle differnt
tastes like wind
Or maybe you have left your neonz on, thus having more horsepower.
Some sets will feel better on some tracks than others giving the impression of more of less grippy tyres but that is not the case. It's just the balance that changes.

This is speculation but I believe that different tracks have grippier of less grippy tarmac and I believe this is the main reason for the difference in the way a setup feels from one track to another.

If you have a car set up perfectly for a dry track, most people like a tiny bit of oversteer mid corner and a little less in transition.

In real life if you then drive that same car, set up exactly the same, on the same track but it is raining you will find the balance is even more overtsteery. The reason is that there is less grip and because you set up the car for dry weather with a little less grip at the back than at the front you will find the back becomes very loose simply because there is less grip at both ends but the rear is a little stiffer.

Conversely, if you set up the car very understeery for the dry track then when it rains you end up with no front end grip at all and loads of understeer. It's exactly the same situation, just in reverse.

With this logic in mind it makes sense that one dry track compared to another dry track, one with more grip than the other will result in a different car balance in the same way that a change in weather does.

Ofcourse if Scawen pipes up and says "no - all tarmac in LFS offers the exact same level of grip" then my theory would be blown out of the water.

So, has LFS been designed so that different track surfaces offer different levels of grip? Scawen?
I have to agree , i once thought that " 1 set that you are used to , could with minor changes to gears and brakes , in theory set you up for most tracks" In practice however , I have found this also not to be the case , by which i mean that like gentlefoot says , some tracks just seem to offer less mechanical grip , by that I mean as he says ...the tarmac seems less grippy

I would be very interested for one , to hear what the devs have to say on the subject ? If they get a spare min or two

Hmmm that will teach me to read stuff properly ....sorry m8 , if its same track diff server same set , the ONLY thing that can change , is the wind
I am not 100% on this but i think LFS is coded so that the tyre physics change depending on the circuit and layout, something to do with simulating the road surface so some tracks will have less/more grip through certain corners on different tracks???

i am sure one of the devs can advise on this?
Quote from justingt5 :I am not 100% on this but i think LFS is coded so that the tyre physics change depending on the circuit and layout, something to do with simulating the road surface so some tracks will have less/more grip through certain corners on different tracks???

i am sure one of the devs can advise on this?

Why should be on different tracks an other level of grip? I dont think you're right.
Quote from fraghetti :Why should be on different tracks an other level of grip? I dont think you're right.

There would be much more grip at, for example, Blackwood than South City, as its a Street Track and full of dust and god only knows what else.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG