The online racing simulator
Bought few new parts...
(15 posts, started )
Bought few new parts...
I just ordered Gigabyte radeon HD4870, a Chieftec 550W power supply and a 12cm case fans (i dont have any case fans at the moment).

HD4870 is going to replace my 8800GTS G80 320MB, its been over a year since i bought that card, and it still pretty much runs every game on maximum settings except Crysis (no sh*t sherlock).

Chieftec 550W is going to replace my over a year old 400W chieftec (HD4870 requires two 6-pin connectors, 400W PSU has only one) and extra power is nice too.

Case fan i had to order, a 12cm case fan at back of my case would really come useful, the heat my current computer generates is pretty big

My current rig:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 overclocked @ 3.0 GHz
2x1GB Kingston PC-6400 800mhz ram
ASUS P5N-32E SLI 680i
Western Digital 320GB
Chieftec 400W
ASUS 8800GTS 320MB G80

I see that guys who had 8800GT already get a nice boost, so my old 320mb 8800gts should get even bigger one.
Still i dont yet want to say hoooray, because i ordered things like 10 mins ago and i will update once i get the stuff and see how it works.

thats about it for now.
sounds yummy!

i have a g92 8800gts 512mb

tho i know that the radeon will smoke me

I can take Crysis on High.. with 40 fps.
So how much faster is say, the 4870 over a 8800 GTX? Anyone know?
Well i recived my stuff just 5 minutes ago (damn they have fast service over here).

Cant wait to get this in comp.
I'm very happy with my 4850 the 4870 is a bit faster so that should be good too. for me, spending $130 more on the 4870 didnt seem worth it. 4870x2 is coming out august. Unless you have a huge monitor and run extremely high resolutions w/ tons of AA and AF, the only games that will really stress your system are stuff like Crysis.

Make sure to do the fanspeed fix: http://www.ocforums.com/showpo ... p=5697782&postcount=9
I have my fan running at 50% and my card idles at 49degrees in my case
As I read, reinstalling your OS will help
Try using Drivercleaner and get rid of all the ati and nvidia videocard drivers, then reboot, and re-install the ATi Drivers.
Thats what ive done like 5 times lol, well guess only chance is to reinstall OS
Unlucky man.

Can i have your 8800 :P
Hehe i got it to work, i just had to update my motherboard bios.
Most of the time people end up needing to flash for CPU support, I rarely ever hear of it needing to be done for mobos.
you mean for GPUs
yeah hehe whoops

Bought few new parts...
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG