The online racing simulator
DFP + Driving Force wheels going cheap - £30?
Anybody who can get to my house in York can have a DFP and a Driving Force (pedals useful for adding clutch) for £30. I can't be arsed to ship them, so collection only kthxbai.

PM me.
Not interested in the wheel Kev, but thought i'd give the thread a little bump incase people missed it, and to ask a couple of questions.

So if you're selling your old wheel does this mean you've moved up to something better ? G25 perhaps ? or have the noobs forced you into retirement ?

And i've seen a few other people use it in posts, but what the blinking heck does kthxbai mean (flaming internet folk and their chuffin internet language leaving us internet dyslexics at a total internet loss whilst interneting the internet ??)
I'm not buying another wheel right now. They're just sitting around collecting dust and I cleaned my office (for a change) today and was annoyed at having all these cables and stuff lying around for no reason.

I might buy another wheel one day but I just don't have time for it these days - I've joined one race in the last three months, and I don't think I finished it.
Yeah i know what you mean. I can't remember the last time i raced online tbh, probably about 6mths ago. My gaming tends to move in phases, i'll play a game religiously for months and months then not touch it for half a year or so, sometimes even longer. Then one night just decide to fire it up and i'm hooked all over again. It's almost like getting a new game. Problem is i never really get the chance to get really good at anything, except de-fraging my hard drives and backing up stuff onto DVD.

But luckily i've got the room to store all my unused "man stuff" (i.e all my junk) so i don't really need to throw anything away, unless it's broken or of literally no use to me at all. Think i've got an old pair of roller blades that have been at the back of a cupboard for ten years or so, if you're interested

Oh, and err, sorry for hijacking your thread.

Come on folks, surely someone wants a DFP and a Driving Force wheel and pedal set. At only 30 quid it's a steal.
#5 - dadge
i know a guy who would take them off you. i'll have a word
I've got room to store all my crap too, but I'd rather just shift it if I'm not going to use it. Mainly for reasons relating to not liking cleaning things.

If I had something lying around unused for ten years like yourself I would want to shift it. Unless it was a spare for something, like a cable or something like that. I have a few large boxes of "spare cables" that I never actually need to use.
Now i come to think of it maybe ten years was a bit of an exaggeration. Probably more like four or five. I needed a couple of small two inch wheels and it was one of those things where it was cheaper to go buy a pair of roller blades instead of buying two wheels by themselves. So after removing the wheels the rest was filed away into the "well, i may need it later" pile.

A friend of mine was around the other day and she accidentally wandered into my man crap room. I was quite offended when she called it "nothing but worthless junk". It may be all junk, but it's far from worthless. You never know when you'll need a set of venetian blinds with three missing blades and a slightly warped traffic cone, or a set of roller blades with two wheels missing. I tried to explain that man crap was the male equivalent of a shoe collection, but she wasn't buying it.

Funnily enough i've just been in there to look for something and found a chest of draws i never knew i had....I love my man crap room
Next ad will be:

Kev, w/o wheel & pedals - £30? Free p&p!
Quote from thisnameistaken :If I had something lying around unused for ten years like yourself I would want to shift it.

Quote from Mazz4200 :Now i come to think of it maybe ten years was a bit of an exaggeration.

What? You guys saying that I should toss my Thrustmaster T2 wheel that I bought in 1996?

Actually, it is still sitting on the other desk, connected to the other computer, that hasn't been used in 2-3 years......

Oh, and for that matter, I still have a drawer full of parts from my first computer, a Pentium 75 MHz, and probably 2 handfuls of EDO RAM sticks (anywhere from 4 MB sticks to 32 MB sticks.)

And I too am wondering what "kthxbai" is. My only guess could be, "Ok, thanks, bye."
Quote from mrodgers :
And I too am wondering what "kthxbai" is. My only guess could be, "Ok, thanks, bye."

Old people.... Don't you just hate them?
Variation of 'kthxbye' - the internet version of "OK, thank you, goodbye".

From Urban Dictionary
definition of junk ?

something you keep for ten years and then throw out two weeks before you need it !

and i've still got my tandy / radio shack trs 80 computer with an enormous add on box, big enough to stand the monitor on, which increases the memory to 48 k !!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG