The online racing simulator
Strange error
(15 posts, started )
Strange error
Since yesterday i couldnt complete a race due to a strange problem.Im in the middle of the race and suddenly lfs freezes for a couple os seconds and then i get an error message.It just stops working and tells me that an error has occured in lfs and that's it.When the game stops to work as i am in desktop my wheel goes all to the left and if i try tu turn it to the right it makes opposition.I have to unplug it.Any suggestion guys?You think its related to the wheel or to lfs?
Edit:as i unplugged the wheel,it could turn normally as obvious,but then i plugged the power in again and it still went all to the left
No one knows what could be?
...Sometimes I have the same trouble...
I don't have a clue about it.
Quote from 1303s_vortech :...Sometimes I have the same trouble...
I don't have a clue about it.

I did a complete reinstall of the OS wednesday.I didnt have any problem with lfs before that.Now it just crashes and goes to desktop.Its a generical error.Windows says that an error has occured and nothing else.
If anyone knows more,please reply
That sounds kinda strange. Could you try out other games which need a wheel controller, please? Anything will do, NFS, GTR, any game where you can do a longer stint with the wheel only - not touching the mouse or the keyboard. If it always happens after a certain period of time, then I think it is caused by a power saving setting in windows - sleep mode after a certain ammount of time, or maybe just the screen saver wants to pop in. But if it also happens in FPS games, then I have no clue where the problem might be (except the usual fiddling around with the drivers for graphics card/mainboard/cpu)
Nice suggestion mate.I should try it.Im suspecting its something to do with the wheel,but i have to do more tests to find out.Did it ever happened to you?
Never before, but If I remember correctly I've heard stories of this kind from others ( screensaver poping in while driving with the wheel ) Good luck with fixing the problem
Quote from Scawen :... that window is a great opportunity, because if you click the blue button "view more info" then "view technical info" you are given a crash address. I can often use that address to work out find the exact line of code that caused the crash.

It's a hexadecimal number - a load of zeros followed by 6 digits (numbers and letters A to F) - that is the crash address that I need. Please make sure you report the crash address if you ever get a crash.

What to do when it just crash to desktop without any error message?...
Worst day of my life!!{well sort-of}
Quote from IlGuercio :Since yesterday i couldnt complete a race due to a strange problem.Im in the middle of the race and suddenly lfs freezes for a couple os seconds and then i get an error message.It just stops working and tells me that an error has occured in lfs and that's it.When the game stops to work as i am in desktop my wheel goes all to the left and if i try tu turn it to the right it makes opposition.I have to unplug it.Any suggestion guys?You think its related to the wheel or to lfs?
Edit:as i unplugged the wheel,it could turn normally as obvious,but then i plugged the power in again and it still went all to the left

hi,i 2 had these crashes or freezin on or around the same day (weird).Had no trouble with my wheel tho?? where u live,im in australia .. pplz was talkin bout large lag spikes an each time i would spec sum1 my hol com freeze's an have 2 re. my computer!! [[email protected]/1gb..Nvidia256mbFX graphic's] Never had eny prob's in past??
ps.has it happened since??,im puttin it down to half com/internet slowin!!
Quote from IlGuercio :I did a complete reinstall of the OS wednesday.I didnt have any problem with lfs before that.Now it just crashes and goes to desktop.Its a generical error.Windows says that an error has occured and nothing else.
If anyone knows more,please reply

Just a question?? ur usin any high-res packs with ur lfs......
Quote from Blackknight555 :Just a question?? ur usin any high-res packs with ur lfs......

Nope,standard lfs without any sort of tweaks or mods...btw im half aussie lol,mum's a kangaroo too
I didnt play since i had 4 crashes in a day(im making my racing seat actually)so i cant tell you if it solved itself or the issue is still there
If it was fine before you re-installed the OS then I'd say a driver didn't go well when you re-built.

Given there's no error message then it's hard to trace. Have you checked Event Viewer logs to see if there are system/application errors being logged at the time of the crash?

The wheel may be a symptom rather than the cause - if it's stopped receiving data unexpectedly it will tend to do odd things like put full lock on or judder away.

See what event viewer has to say, could be a simple as a video driver not installing well.
Im gonna check the event log...i've never had any problem with lfs since now.Maybe is a bad driver installation
Have you tried re-downloading LFS and reinstalling it?

I'd focus on software/hardware changes you have done in last few days before LFS became wild. Check your Processes tab in TaskManager for weird and unwanted stuff. You might have installed something which came with some "addon application" (like Software updater in BitComet or well-known GoogleToolbar).

Strange error
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG