The online racing simulator
Karts in LFS
(36 posts, started )
Quote from Bob Smith :It's one thing making a kart for LFS and releasing it, but we've nowhere to really race a kart. Slower karts need really twisty tracks, maybe some autocross editor presets could ship with LFS by default. The faster karts would really need their own tracks made for them.

There arent any 'slow' karts, the 100cc karts im talking about can run on FE Club or AS Cadet (AS Cadet is VERY similar to buckmore park), but gear them up and they can run on any track, it happens in real life. The gearbox karts dont need their own tracks, they will run perfectly on the car tracks we already have. Gearbox karts in real life race on Silverstone, Brands Hatch and Cadwell Park for example.
I have a realy nice kart track i built .... right now we just run the cars on it... since there is no Kart.....maybe some day... heres the track if ya want to check it out
Attached files
AU1_big kart track.lyt - 3.9 KB - 276 views
hey

are u the guy who won rock island GP?
You can't say the MRT doesn't resemble a kart when....it does, it just does

ok its totally different to a Kart but it resembles somewhat of a car park project for kids right?
Quote from BlueFlame :You can't say the MRT doesn't resemble a kart when....it does, it just does

ok its totally different to a Kart but it resembles somewhat of a car park project for kids right?

I like they way your mind does a 180° while pressing enter

Anyways, more information about Formula SAE (MRT5 and alike) here: http://students.sae.org/competitions/formulaseries/
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Yeah
That is a great idea....but we also need bigger curbs and more run off area.... but most of all Karts
Note that way back in the early days (when LFS was still free) I read in the LFS forum that one of the future features in LFS would be karts. There and then I decided to stick with LFS, and waiting ever since ....
I'm not really sure about karts in LFS, they have about as much in common with cars as a unicycle. The rF kart mods have given a catalog of disastrous failures on how to model karts in a racing sim.

Aside from the physics you've got the issue of body lean and weight distribution being so essential and no real input solution available that maybe something will be lacking, having said that karts could allow the solution to the far harder issue of getting bikes to work to be found.

Of course there is Kartsim in development, which by all accounts will be a proper physics focused sim that could put the Devs off from trying to compete with it as one of the advantages with LFS atm is that it definitely has a nice segment of the market all to itself. Then of course you've got the issue of who would actually race them once they've gone past being a novelty, given the fact that rental karts and low level club karting are very accessible anyway.

Quote from RMachucaA :if they put karts in, they would HAVE to make kart tracks.

Not necessarily shifter karts race at conventional race tracks, generally a bit slower than F4/Monoposto but are actually faster round the tight tracks. I think the current LFS tracks could be fine for smaller karts as well, given LFSs flexibility to add chicanes and so on with the layout tools.
Yes we need gokarts! from cadets to superkarts also lets not just have rotax how about some yamaha class's and jica, there are heaps of karters who play this game in there free time
#35 - aoun
we dont need go karts, mrts are identical to karts...

heh relax im kidding..

another thing the devs would need to look at is starting a kart up.. well for a rotax or leapod kart.. theres the electric button to press, then you would need to hold the accelerator while hitting the start button.. but that would mean karts could only come in after stalling is introduced..
There's SO Sprint 2 which could be used for karts, one around the Blackwood car park, the bit behind the pits at Aston ...

Then again, I'd like pretty much any car in LFS.

Karts in LFS
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG