The online racing simulator
Create a Track Option?
(40 posts, started )

Poll : Do you want to create your own track and not just a layout?

Yes
No
Create a Track Option?
We all know with LFS you can create a layout anywhere you feel like it on tracks and autocross etc.

well how about we have the option to go further with our skills???

what i mean is instead of creating your own layout, create a full new track!

In this you could create it with new stands, s/f line style, full track layout of your own, cut off sections etc.

this could then mean instead of asking for the tracks to be made into the game you could possibly try to make the full thing easily!

Aswell as adding your own stands/pit lanes etc how about greenery and landscape? just like on sims you can use different tools to raise/lower land etc. could we have an option like this in an LFS Track Creator?

i think personally this is a brilliant idea as it means :
1. You dont have to request for them to be in the next patch
2. You can make them and use them yourself and online!
3. It would be fun to experience some peoples personal idea's to see what their skills are like when it comes to REAL track creation!

As I said i think personally its a great idea - but what do you think?
This has been asked a thousand times... and one now.

No you can't. the game engine won't allow you to do that.
I don't want to create a new track. However I'd like the DEVs to create some new track(s), they just can do it better than me.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :This has been asked a thousand times... and one now.

No you can't. the game engine won't allow you to do that.

You mixed up something there. He wants to build full new areas.
@OP: Not another rfactor^^
obviously some people dont get at what i definatly mean....

what i mean is at the moment we have the Autocross that we can place objects on....

well what i mean is like a grass area of free land - no fences no buildings just plain open area.

with this you can put your own tarmac down to mark out your own track - like you can with barriers and chalk on autoX.

aswell as this put scenary/croud stands etc in to make your track look better.

If you have played on Sims - its easy to build houses - if it was like that to make a track site on LFS it would be very easy to make the track of ur dreams!
#6 - Migz
bassicly your just asking for the tool to create new tracks...
thats exactly the same as a way to make new tracks.
therefore no.

You Iz Failz
I think what he means is to create tracks using pre-built tiles, just like in the old 4d sports driving (stunts), so you don't need any knowledge on modelling, etc.
someone who understands
basically a nice idea, but it will result in very flat tracks.

but when you mentioned "grass area of free land" it made me think of a dirt autocross area again. I wonder why this wasn't added.

I have totally mixed feelings about creating your own tracks. it will lead to a zillion different tracks with zero to three drivers actually driving on them (one of them being the track creator :razz and a dozen suboptimal versions of tracks like nürburgring.

On the other hand I'm always for new content - most of all for self made content - as long as it doesn't make the game worse.

Nonetheless I like the pre-built tiles idea. Combined with a randomizer-engine this could be the basis for a never ending supply of different rally stages... would be MY personal LFS dream as I'm not so much into circuits.
A Stunts like editor with a bit more depth would be something that would surely keep people playing the game indefinitely, I know I would. With ready pieces of road and other objects, the terrain data (piece type and perhaps some details like humps in the surface, for example road age etc.) could be shared when joining a server and would not result in addon hell. Wouldn't mind paying for such an editor.
Quote from Bandit77 :basically a nice idea, but it will result in very flat tracks.

if u have been on sims 2 - you can use a certain tool to raise and drop land
so if we haven't "been on sims 2" were ending up with flat tracks?
Deja-vu, read some of the other threads on this topic in stead of creating a new one.
Quote from CasseBent :so if we haven't "been on sims 2" were ending up with flat tracks?
Deja-vu, read some of the other threads on this topic in stead of creating a new one.

if u havent been on sims 1 or 2 then you wont know what i mean but then think of things like 3D Designing software for Gardens. The easy to use tools let you raise/lower ground.

think of things like rollercoaster tycoon! you can raise/lower land easily things like that
I'm fairly certain the "raise and lower ground" feature has been in a fair few games/pieces of software, other than the sims 2 and 1 for that matter. My point was, people don't need to have played games like that, to realize that you can change the height of the ground.
The whole exciting thing about a new track is learning, driving and mastering the new corners. If you make a track from preset tiles, you'd still be driving the same corners every time, just in a different order. It wouldn't be a 'new track'.

#16 - Migz

If your making a new track from pre-set tiles this is a track builder aye?

Well what makes this any different from all the other topics that have been created that ask for tools to create new tracks and cars?

Hmm? i see no difference aside from the fact you like mentioning the Sims 2 alot?

But don't get me wrong, i would love for this track editor to happen, but it simply wont. Not until at least s3 time.
If any track editor were to happen, I hope it would be one where people would build entire tracks from scractch, to the level of the actual circuits in the game, and they had to be accepted by the dev team to get into the game based on strict qulity standards or something like that.
Quote from MaKaKaZo :If any track editor were to happen, I hope it would be one where people would build entire tracks from scractch, to the level of the actual circuits in the game, and they had to be accepted by the dev team to get into the game based on strict qulity standards or something like that.

thats a good idea for being accepted but i think it should be for you to use for your pleasure in single player without permission whereas if you wanted it online you would need permission to use the track - good idea!

but it would be easier without - you dont need it for autox
please leave your opinions when you vote:P they could count......
I still remember the enjoyment of making my first track (in rFactor).

The enjoyment comes from creating something that is partly artistic, but at the same time trying to make it challenging and interesting.

I'd love to be able to do the same in LFS but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.
i would like to for this to be able to do
Lfs maps
ok here is what i think . sorry for the grammer and spelling (i Race not typ) well with what maps, we do have and tracks, pitlans .how about taking all those cars skys building make its own pic and list. well i can't tell you but i can show you, like my old map editor with delta force Landworrior

i think this is what he means
I don't like the idea. Basicly it's like Bob's Track Builder for rFactor exept theres samples of tarmac, gravel, curbs, and other objects.

No ty. I think that the new tracks should be made by the devs or by a mod team which will propose tracks to the LFS dev team like it was said in a recent thread.
I hope that one day we will be able to create our own tracks, but they would only work in single player mode. If they could make it that way there is really not a biggi, then it's up to yourselfe if you want custom tracks or not, and online it won't work, so what's the problem there?

The problem with Rfactor is that most servers online use some kind of mod and cars you have not installed, but if LFS had this create a track feauture it could be fun in single player. Also a great thing in adverting for LFS :

".. create your own track and race on them in single player mode "

Or something. I would at least think more of buying a SIM game that gives you the oppertunety to create what you want, even if it's just single player.

i think there will be one problem: you have to download hundrets of versions from 10 different tracks.
the problem you can see in rFactor and GTR2 just now.

now we need only 5 clicks to go online and race on every server we want.

if scawen releases a track editor (or someone else) we first have to use google for searching the track required by the server....

Create a Track Option?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG