The online racing simulator
weird optics report
(13 posts, started )
weird optics report
I had my car checked for wheel alignment and this is report. Can anyone comment on that, cause it looks strange to me. I kind of expected more symmetric stuff, and toe a bit positive on both front wheels ? And initial measure is almost exactly same as final. Does that mean they didn't fix anything or they just measured twice the same thing lol. Pic is crappy (phone cam ftl), but numbers can be read
Attached images
DSC00006.JPG
DSC00005.JPG
Did you get it aligned? Or is this before the mechanics touched anything? Your settings are a bit crazy /me think. If you havent yet, maybe you should think for an alignement!
Go back and get it re-aligned or get your money back and go somewhere else...that's way off...
the manufacturer usualy indicates the proper values in the manual. you could try checking.
I'd wager that it was checked with the front wheels off centre. Remember that most of the people who work in garages that have 'digital alignment systems' don't actually know anything (even if they're "trained").

The best way is to do it yourself at home with four axle stands, some string and a rule. Much more accurate generally.
Quote from Riders Motion :Did you get it aligned? Or is this before the mechanics touched anything? Your settings are a bit crazy /me think. If you havent yet, maybe you should think for an alignement!

Well that is the problem. From report I can't see any proof something was done and I wasn't there while they were doing it...

Quote from Homeless_Drunk :Go back and get it re-aligned or get your money back and go somewhere else...that's way off...

You think so? I certainly won't get money back.
100€ well spent...

Quote from george_tsiros :the manufacturer usualy indicates the proper values in the manual. you could try checking.

Already checked that. Nothing like that in manual.

Quote from tristancliffe :I'd wager that it was checked with the front wheels off centre. Remember that most of the people who work in garages that have 'digital alignment systems' don't actually know anything (even if they're "trained").

The best way is to do it yourself at home with four axle stands, some string and a rule. Much more accurate generally.

they have this:
http://www.jenko.si/optika_ccd.php
and this:
http://www.jenko.si/optika_3d.php

and they are supposed to be good

Dunno what they used tho... Well next time at registration I will just look stupid like I always do and hope it passes If it doesn't I'll go visit those punks :arge:

Thanks to all for help.
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :they have this:
http://www.jenko.si/optika_ccd.php
and this:
http://www.jenko.si/optika_3d.php

and they are supposed to be good

Having the right tools means nothing if the person doing the job doesn't have a bloody clue... I took my car to a place that just got brand new top of the line alignment rigs, and came out of there with a car that would understeer on left hand turns, and oversteer on right hand turns.... Turns out the alignment on the left side was significantly different in camber and toe to the alignment on the right side.
Reminds me of when I had to use ATS as I had a company car and that was the only place I could go, after 6 visits my steering wheel was finaly straight but I could tell the handling wasnt right, the geometry was well messed up.

Or the Saab garage that took my perfectly fine car and returned a wreck to me, seriously, I drove away and could hear the gravel falling out of the body where the test driver had gone off road. £600 bill too.

Or the Rover garage that replaced my starter motor by hitting it with a hammer, if I wanted it 'freed' I would have got my dad to hit it, I wanted the problem to go away...

There's so many cowboys out there and I never did find a solution other than to complain once and if that didnt get a solution i'd never go back to that garage.
Just a thought - their clever machine might report toe in on the left side as POSITIVE and toe in on the right as NEGATIVE. In which case it's spot on.

Otherwise you blame the mechanics for being lazy and stupid. Isn't the point of 'digital alignment' to reduce the need for clever mechanics? It's seems it doesn't work.
tristan, you sure? i see front left toe +0.32 and i see front right toe -0.10...
front left camber ~ -2 front right camber ~ -1 :/
Stupid Tristan. I think I might have read rear toe twice!

<Runs away crying>
well... i was pleasantly surprised about what you thought and it could make sense. this probably isn't the case, but the thought is correct
Quote from tristancliffe :Just a thought - their clever machine might report toe in on the left side as POSITIVE and toe in on the right as NEGATIVE. In which case it's spot on.

Actually that may be true. Probably that is why there is total under. But only for toe, camber doesn't fit. In that case rear looks fine, but front is still 0.22 degree error. Doesn't seem to be big difference tho. At least right tire will last longer .

weird optics report
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG