The online racing simulator
#1 - vunka
Question: How to make chrome??
I have seen some cars that were chrome.. Any idea how to do it?

Thanks in advance,
VunkA.
Paint Shop Pro has a "chome" Artistic Effect option. Used to work well on S1 skins but I've only tried it over the Master Skinnerz 2048k templates and it doesn't look as good.
Quote from vunka :I have seen some cars that were chrome.. Any idea how to do it?

Thanks in advance,
VunkA.

i have a couple of metal effect skins that iv made, if you tell me which car you want il see if i have it.
There's some metal gradient effects in photoshop which can be applied to the car sides, hood and roof, and blended in with a base coat of grey-blue and grey-purple. This gives you about the best chrome-like effect you can get with the skins. The base coats only need a touch of colour with the grey, I tend to use the Render>clouds option, then cut out the sides, to, front and rear from this and add a grey-white-grey gradient set on MULTIPLY, to each separate section.
A metal-flake effect can be achieved by using Photoshop's NOISE function.
These were done using Al's method above
Attached images
F1_Officals_preview.jpg
I CALL FOUL!!

Mind sharing pics of how they look in LFS, instead of in some sexy renders?
Foul?
Attached images
F1PaceCar_Preview.jpg
Sorry for bump, but can you share the skin, i was looking for chrome effect, do you have it for XRT?
:iagree::iagree: yeah Men plz share the FZR one PLZ!!!!!!

Adolfo Herrera.
do you people like the post above me just post in any thread even if it is months old. Look at the date.
It was quite a bump but still,gosh...just look at it!
Lol i need one Chromed paint for XRT pelase do one for me
Hmm
I know this is quite a bump but what does everyone think of this chrome? Its not as good as Vilantes one but Its my first attempt at a good shine and I'm willing to make them if requested for any car.
Edit: Added FZR.
Edit: Added XRT
Attached images
UF1 Chrome.jpg
FZR Chrome.jpg
XRT Chrome.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG