The online racing simulator
Trustmaster Rallye GT Force Feedback Pro
Anyone got anything to say, good or bad, about this one? I'm on for some new equip this x-mas. So, the choice is "Driving Force Pro" or "Rallye GT", and not being sure witch one to go for I come here for suggestions

.. and, took a quick search here about this, but got no results, so don't flame me if this have been up for discussion here before..

http://europe.thrustmaster.com/eng/news_read.php?id=13062
Think I will go for it, got a nice price aswell.
Got RGT wheel today, and here are my experience with it:

Wheel: Good grip, rubber witch feels good. The paddler are made of plastic, and they feel abit cheap, a possible weak point. There are 8 buttons, one joypad (8 ways). Together with Joy2Key you got all info from the weel, without having to take the hands off the wheel. The gearshift is made off plastic, very light and feels just like an arcade-joystick. In my opionion it could be left out.

FFB: Very strong, quiet and accurate. My old Logitech Wingman FF GP is not compareable to this. This is just superb!

Pedales: Metal plates on the shafts. Shafts itself are made of plastic, as rest of the rig. The break-pedal had about 0.2-0.5cm of deadzone from startingpoint. The connector is the same as the one Logitech uses, and also the wheel got two sockets for this, so it's possible to have two sets of peddals connected at once.

After about 4 hours of driving it started "quirking". The springs where forced against the plastic underneath. Had to check it out, and modded it. Worked for 1hour :/

Drivers: 5_FDD version works okay in LFS, nothing to complain about. (except maybe a littlebit low feedback in the curbs?) 8_FDD ( dated 9.12.2005) gave me fps-stutters, and had to be discarded. Currently using 5_FDD.

Overall, a good wheel compared to the money invested ( 112 Eur ). But I have to think something out about the "quirking"-sound witch starts to be very anoying. (Any hints?).

I'll take it down to [Cyb]Owl and Holycow in January, and let them compare it to the MOMO, witch would be most interessting.

Anyone else using this wheel?
I am thinking about buying the same wheel, what are your thoughts about it after some more testing?

What are the main differences with the Logitech MoMo racing wheel? Is the shiftpad and the paddler made of plastic?

What about the pedals?

Thanks all.
Ya Kleppa...where are u?

i wanna test that wheel! Im considering buying it...my momo is showing signs of serious weakness

*waits for kleppa*
Quote from Kleppa :
But I have to think something out about the "quirking"-sound witch starts to be very anoying. (Any hints?).

I currently use the thrustmaster F1 FFB, which uses the exact same pedal set. Mine 'quirked' as well, which is a very annoying noise. WD40 spray made it disapear.
The pedalset didn't last long. The bottom plastic plate ripped, where the springs load it. Fixed that with a sheet of aluminium glued underneath. I reinforced the inside plastic pedalaxe-brackets with some more aluminium, screwed against the new bottomplate.
It works flawless eversince.

Today, after 3 years of (ab)use the wheel is at its end of live. (The gas and brake levers stopped working, sometimes in midrace cornering suddenly the brakes apply and overall the whole plastic package is cracked, making the wheel feel loose)

So i'm in for a new wheel. Thinking to spend around €100 the Rallye GT FF pro is an option.

How is yours holding up?

cheers,

Paka
I own the rgt pro, all I can say it works quite well. No Problems until now, pedals are fine (they don't have a dead zone, very accurate), Gear knob is kinda obsolete but I use it as handbrake/pit limiter. I got the wheel from alternate (german hardware store) for 99€ incl. pp and I#m really happy with it. squash ball mod will come soon.
Hey Butz, thx for your reply,

I can get a used but good ACT Labs Force for a fair price. I'm thinking it will last longer then a new RGT or MOMO (they fail within the first year in my experience), since it is built so much stronger...
But, is that design outdated by now?

I'd rather go for quality than features. Don't care for shifters and such
I do care for precise steering and good FFB

It's difficult to make up my mind about this.....

hmm, act labs ... I think I would also prefer one of these, but aren't they very expensive? And if somebody wanted to sell one then why?

I just saw there is a gameport to usb adapter, and the wheel seems very sturdy and well fabricated. So if I trusted the one selling this wheel then I probably would take it.
Hi folks,

Almost decided for the Thrustmaster RGT pro...but again changed my mind and went for a used Act Labs wheel.
It is in almost new condition, comes with USB adaptor and was low priced. Not even a scratch on the pedals.
Construction seems solid, but still plastic and it looks absolutely ugly
On the bottom is a sticker that says Made in China....

I like the beltdrive ffb though. Better than the Thrustmaster plastic cogwheel system

I'm keeping my money aside for the new Act Labs wheel that will come out in the coming year or so. The one I have now will do untill then.

Cheers

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG