The online racing simulator
Phone help Please
(28 posts, started )
Phone help Please
Hello,
I have a huge problem.
Basically, i've left my phone somewhere in my house, and i can't find it. Normally i ring my phone when i've misplaced it, however, unfortunately it's on silent (meeting) mode. It's a Sony Ericsson K810i, and i really need it to make a noise, so i can find it.
Can any PLEASE think of something? I've phoned Orange (my Network), and they say it's impossible, well, the 1 guy i phoned said it was impossible.
But most of you guys on this forum are quite smart, so i was wondering if you could help me out here.
Thank you very much,
Harjun
Why dont you get a Walkie Talkie? It's more of your age and cheaper than a phone.
keep ringing it and try to hear a vibrating noise.
If you set up a strong enough electromagnetic field you might be able to make the phone batteries explode, which you might hear.

Or call it, and then make a device to triangulate it's position. Actually, make the device first THEN call it, otherwise you'll be wasting battery life.

Or just look harder. Retrace your steps. Get someone else to help - a second pair of eyes more than doubles your searching efficiency.
#5 - J@tko
If you get really desperate:

Get a friend to ring your phone from somewhere a long way from your house. Get a microwave detector thingy that some electrical people have, and go round your house. The phone will emit EM waves whilst its ringing (i think) which will be detected by the microwave detector
try to blue tooth connect to it using another phone... i think bluetooth only has a 10 meter range so at least you will know where to start
#7 - Jakg
As it's Harjun - buy a new one. They are only like £50 for a K810i and they're a bit big anyway. Just get a W960i, it's only a little bit more (£400)

Seriously keep looking - and using Bluetooth (if your phones on and is set to be discoverable) would work to see if its in that "part" of the house.
ahh, these are great ideas in such a small space of time, thanks guys.
Bluetooth is off, i am trying to ring it and it does have vibrate, but if it's on the floor (i've got carpet) it's not going to vibrate
Im not sure about the electromagnetic stuff lol.
I'll try get some more people with me to hunt for the phone, and i'll ask my mum if she's seen it anywhere or put it anywhere, as it's usually the case.
Thanks
#9 - Jakg
If it's on vibrate the motors will make a noise (noisy on my W810i, at least, silent on the w960i...), though.
Quote from harjun :
......and i'll ask my mum if she's seen it anywhere or put it anywhere, as it's usually the case.
Thanks

Check the washing machine...Mothers have a habit of NOT checking pockets of jeans etc before they wash them
Quote from Bladerunner :Check the washing machine...Mothers have a habit of NOT checking pockets of jeans etc before they wash them

lol, you've just reminded me, i normally wear my jeans one day then put them in my cupboard, so they might just still be in my jeans, thanks i'll check there

Just checked there, no luck
Any more ideas on how to get the phone to make a noise?
get another phone keep ringing it so it vibrates and ask a no nvm
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Check behind your bed. For some reason, i always lose my things behind there...

Phone, car keys, old mouse, hayfever tablets...it goes on an on.
If you've got dead mice behind your bed, you need to wash more (the house, not you!)
Buy a new phone and thanks to the Murphy's laws, you will immediately find the old one. It's a win-win situation
Down the back of the sofa is the first place i'd look.

Although Speedways idea is the best technical solution so'far

Basically, just look harder

(can't believe i've just posted in this thread, my life must be even emptier than i thought...)
just ask daddy for a new one (make it expensive so you can brag about it)
ok, very simple. it doen't require you opening/overclocking/buying something. get an FM/AM radio and turn it on (a personal radio will do the trick). now walk about the house waving it about slowly. a bit like in star trek. you will know when you are close to the phone when you get interferance. obviously you need to ring the phone. job done. maybe you should take a bit more care with your stuff instead of throwing it at your arse.
oops. i forgot to harjun proof my idea. get a friend to phone your phone or else you will be tracking the wrong phone.
i did the FM radio thing, and it worked
It was in my jacket pocket lol, thank you!
Quote from speedway :take a portable radio and a friend with a cellphone

-make your friend go outside
- tell him to call you
- turn on the radio
- your cellphone will disrupt the radio when you get near it

You are so intelligent!!
oops, sorry. i saw harjun post and thought aw f*** here we go again and went straight to the quick post link. but you still shouldn't throw stuff like that at your arse and then come onto the "geeky" forum and ask us "geeks" for "geeky" advice...........nerd
Quote from harjun :i did the FM radio thing, and it worked
It was in my jacket pocket lol, thank you!

Most
Idiotic
Person
Ever
Probably u wanted a wave of attention and trying not to show off, but hell...
he probs used his "lost" phone to call sony ericsson to tell them he can't find his phone :s you know, like forgetting where you left your glasses only to find them on your head.
Quote from tristancliffe :If you've got dead mice behind your bed, you need to wash more (the house, not you!)

Me thinks if he has dead mice behind his bed, he probably needs a bath as much as his room...

Quote from dadge :you know, like forgetting where you left your glasses only to find them on your head.

In school, I once lost a pencil that was tucked behind my ear.....
Yes, it was the 80's, yes I was sporting the standard mullet, and no, it was not hidden in the mullet......
Just buy a new one.

EDIT - sorry I got the wrong link

Phone help Please
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG