The online racing simulator

Poll : Do You think there should be a mountain drift course?

Closed since :
Yes
No
that would suck !
Quote from Daviticus :Hillclimb, or Downhill.

Grip-style.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Provide the track in its' entireity, and the drivers will use it to their amusement.

I, personally, would stick with grip-driving the hillclimb and downhill on it [the theorecital track in question], with the occasional daily-boredom-drift-session here and there. I'm building an Acura for the sport, and would love to have a virtual representation of the drive.

+1000 (ps, if you know some nice roads near Seattle (WA), could you tell me, for I'll be studying there and I need some twisty stuff to ride on )
++10000000 from me best idea
You're a demo guy, what makes you think you'll get anything unless you buy the game?
+enormous amount of nines and zeros.

I want a hillclimb track to get the adrenaline rush while driving it 200kph on a freaking F1 car. Narrow twisty road in mountain scenery.

I`m getting a ´gasm just for thinking about it.

So far the best feeling I`ve got was in SO Chicane with FOX. The fear of hitting something feels good.
Even if there was a track made for hill climbs, you can't stop the drifters making their own piece of it.
yes mountain tyte circuit for lfs not only for dirfting could be fun to race too...
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Even if there was a track made for hill climbs, you can't stop the drifters making their own piece of it.

I know I would drift it, but I would most definitely race it too.
Quote from Ca18Slider :You're a demo guy, what makes you think you'll get anything unless you buy the game?

well obviously i`m going to buy s2 or wait for s3
Why would you wait for S3? Afterall, it`s going to cost you the same.

12 pounds for S1, 24 pounds for S2 and maybe 36 pounds for S3?

12 pounds to make my licence S3.

Theories theories...
wtf lfs aint drifting simulation, its racing simulation
I can't believe this topic is still going on lol. As I have no turned into a full time racer and only drift when I am bored, I think this circuit should have to configurations:
1. Downhill to make the drifters happy.
2. Uphill to make us racers happy.

All the tracks in LFS get used to race and drift, there is no stopping them, there are two communities of LFS, the racers and the drifters and thats the way it will always be, some people just have to get used to this fact.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :wtf lfs aint drifting simulation, its racing simulation

LFS is a simulation of cars - the fact it's most realistic means it's good for racing AND drifting. Jeez...

TBH i'd like a downhill tight "touge style" course for both drifting AND racing...
Quote from Jakg :LFS is a simulation of cars - the fact it's most realistic means it's good for racing AND drifting. Jeez...

TBH i'd like a downhill tight "touge style" course for both drifting AND racing...

I could not have said that better
and after a year i stil suport this idea
Quote from jakg :lfs Is A Simulation Of Cars ...

I Don't know what scawen thinks but I think he wants to get lfs pure racing simulation. This is what I want. Only racing. Drifting and cruising have messed up lfs so baddly.
There would be hell alot more racing servers if there wouldn't be drifting or cruising. This is why I play gtr2 for a while for now..
Attached images
ok.jpg
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :

I Don't know what scawen thinks but I think he wants to get lfs pure racing simulation. This is what I want. Only racing. Drifting and cruising have messed up lfs so baddly.
There would be hell alot more racing servers if there wouldn't be drifting or cruising. This is why I play gtr2 for a while for now..

Since drifting is possible in LFS it means they`re making this game as real as possible. GT4 is a good example of a good game with bad physics, we don`t want such do we? I don`t really get it why people are so angry to drifters. And WHY do you combine drifting and cruising?!

I`m damn glad you`re playing GTR2, you`ve bought the licence already and since you`re such a cock it`s good you stay away from LFS.

And how would getting rid of racers and drifters bring more racing servers? If I couldn`t drift in LFS I wouldn`t even play this goddamn game. I bought the S2 licence just to enjoy the sport of drifting with a car they took from me. Getting rid of drifters and cruisers would just decrease the amount of racing servers, imo.
Quote from Qvarnis :blabla

Why you are making my opinion such a big deal? I can't understand that, someone says bad from drifters or says it doesn't fit in a racing game then bunch of drifters start posting new threads like "a new meaning of drifting" etc. i think this is a real racing game you just don't f*cking understand that someones would just want to race in this game, but when all cruise and drifting servers have took everyones attention there is not much of racers left anymore. ffs I'm hoping that scawen thinks same as I do, that this is a RACING simulation. If this becomes a total drifting and cruising game (which it will do) I'll stop playing this. But as far there is few racing servers I'm staying in lfs
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :

...i'm sorry, does LFS not simulate cars mr smart-arse screenshot?

LFS is designed for racing, and it's a racing simulation but a hill-climb track WOULD be nice. I'd also enjoy racing it downhill, too.
Quote from Jakg :a hill-climb track WOULD be nice.

Yes in meaning of racing.
WTF do you have against drifting? I would rather that every drifter raced, but that's not gonna happen...

the devs know that if they made a hill-climb track, putting it in reverse would make drifters happy - and happy players = potential customers (even if they are those hated "drifters").
Quote from Jakg :WTF do you have against drifting? I would rather that every drifter raced, but that's not gonna happen...

I don't have anything against it in irl. But yes, I have something against it in lfs. GTR2 Is prob the only game where is no drifting at all so that's why I like it. There really is no a game where is racing only, maybe iRacing but I have not looked into it though.

Well I would accept drifting in lfs if it wouldn't take over the racing,
but saddly it takes over for most of the ppl.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Why you are making my opinion such a big deal?

I`m making it such a big deal because you`re the one attacking everyone who try to point out something that`s not 100% against drifting.

If you would think like Jakg I wouldn`t be like this on you.
Sure, I`m a little "racist" on people who are like you.

Why don`t you make a race server yourself? And to be honest, drifting isn`t taking over... Well maybe it is, a bit. It`s just because Live For Speed is too damn good game. I don`t think I quit racing and drifting in LFS even when I get my own car, LFS is really good driving practice, and quite cheap.

Only thing I`m concerned about is that there`s lots of "Need For Speed" players, like I call them, and they make drifting look bad in the eyes of the racers because "NFS" LFS drifters are retards. And their moms and dads have money on their pocket to buy them a licence.

I`m not trying to say that my opinion would be the best one, your opinion is yours and mine is mines, sometimes some peoples opinions just sound too off. Like yours here.

Mountian Drift Course
(482 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG