The online racing simulator
#1 - och
Higher point of view in BMW F1 Sauber car?
I love the BMW Sauber Formula car, it's fast and handling is the best of all cars in the game, but its very hard to race because the point of view is very low and you cant see the turns. Is there any way to raise the point of view?
Yes,

Go to Options, View, Then I beleive it's the Z axis.
#3 - och
Thanks!!! I feel like a total noob now
there are no stupid questions - only stupid answers
and stupid peoples, too!
IRL, F1 driver's can't see very well, can they? or is the default view not very realistic? i remember Heidfield saying he could barely see much of the front of the car because he sits so low.
#8 - Dac
you should not be looking at the apex anyway. your supposed to look at the farthest possible point.
And that camera view is a few centimeters higher than his eyeline, so lower it a bit from there. You wouldn't be able to see the top of the monocoque - you look along that edge. The default view is WAY too high.
#12 - Amso
I normally have that view higher than his head ^^
Quote from tristancliffe :And that camera view is a few centimeters higher than his eyeline, so lower it a bit from there. You wouldn't be able to see the top of the monocoque - you look along that edge. The default view is WAY too high.

or they took Mark Webber to set the view

even me, who was only sitting in a repica of a McLaren Mercedes of 2002 in a museum, can tell that it is way to high. Same in an DTM car, you really cannot see the street (you must feel it)
Quote from TFalke55 : or they took Mark Webber to set the view

even me, who was only sitting in a repica of a McLaren Mercedes of 2002 in a museum, can tell that it is way to high. Same in an DTM car, you really cannot see the street (you must feel it)

That's the problem with virtual compared to real life. You cannot "feel it" in the same way within LFS because rather than being in the middle of a real environment you are looking at a 3D representation on a flat screen. Whilst you can reproduce the position on the view you cannot simulate everything else that comes from actually being there so I don't see a problem with raising the view an inch or two to compensate.
Quote from Amso :I normally have that view higher than his head ^^

Yes, the same applies in the FBM. The default view is too high as well. Sadly, most people want to make the game easier, not a closer representation of reality.
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes, the same applies in the FBM. The default view is too high as well. Sadly, most people want to make the game easier, not a closer representation of reality.

Well, for me at least, i really cant stand this low "seat(?)" position. As i discovered the customized view option, i really enjoy the single seaters.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG