The online racing simulator
Anti-alias my eyes? (radeon 9600 pro problem)
I don't know if the problem is in my eyes, memory or the GFX card, but I don't think the building in South City used to look like this?

The shot has been taken with my Radeon 9600 Pro drawing the scenery with 2xAA and 8xAF. I use Catalyst 5.11 drivers (tried 6.3 but it didn't do any good).

P.s. you can kick me if it's my memory...
Attached images
ugly_box.jpg
Does the windows look like that without AF/FSAA?

Drivers may be just bugging. I have some issues with some games that FSAA/AF don't go on with certain combinations (e.g. 6xFSAA+2xAF). Dunno why, I have had this issue with several driver versions.
I think its just a crappy texture in those buildings, it has bad resolution so it does look bad. But thats just guessing, I dont know anyhing about these thingys. Looks the same in my screen too All those buildings with shiny windows look bad actually when you pause the game but cant see those when Im flying by so fast

edit. If someone could post a pic for comparsion (spelling?)
That's because the building is not made of actual window textures, but they are a shiny block with transparent textures overlayed (which form the window structure). To get them anti-aliased you have to use Transparency-AA, which is still quite buggy AFAIK.

I hope I'm not mixing this with AF
Quote from AndroidXP :...To get them anti-aliased you have to use Transparency-AA, which is still quite buggy AFAIK.

Well, that's not a problem since I can't find an option to turn it on If it's even an gfx driver option?
Quote from deggis :Does the windows look like that without AF/FSAA?

Drivers may be just bugging. I have some issues with some games that FSAA/AF don't go on with certain combinations (e.g. 6xFSAA+2xAF). Dunno why, I have had this issue with several driver versions.

So far every combination produced the same "saw-wave" fenomina..
Okay, problem solved. AndroidXP led me into right tracks.

I just had to do some registry editing (which I don't like much), because of my old catalyst version and lack of motivation to spend my system memory to control center Now the Transparency-AA is enabled, or at least the graphics are far more better

The site I found instructions to tweak registry is here:
http://www.techenclave.com/for ... -series-can-do-14829.html

Thanks for all help
Attached images
nice_box.jpg
heh i am still on the 4.12 drivers with my radeon 9800pro.... had no probs.... as of yet with any game... i just hate updating driver plus i have read that the 4.12s are best configured for a radeon 9800pro.. not really sure of that but aint gonna change now

glad your problem is fixed...
Quote from Madman_CZ :heh i am still on the 4.12 drivers with my radeon 9800pro.... had no probs.... as of yet with any game... i just hate updating driver plus i have read that the 4.12s are best configured for a radeon 9800pro.. not really sure of that but aint gonna change now

glad your problem is fixed...

You should always, always, always, always, always, always, always, always, update your video card drivers. It will stop your card from bugging out (quite literally) when new games come out. Not only that your card could get some new feature, or just improve FPS and or Quality.
#10 - Vain
Only update the drivers when you run into problems, because driver updates can create problems.

Vain
I must agree with Vain about this. So far I've only experienced problems & lower performance with new set of drivers. Might be because I don't play the new games much - mostly just LFS

In the other hand a new catalyst version could have had an option to turn on that Transparency-AA?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG