The online racing simulator

Poll : Please choose an option - read the post!

Closed since :
I prefer the new race plan
I am happy just to race karts, whatever the plan
I prefer the original race plan
LFS Karting Meet No.4 - Poll 4 - Alternative Race Plan
NOTE: This poll is only for people participating in the LFS UK Karting Meet 2008.

Due to the number of attendees being lower than expected, their may be a more suitable plan of action for the day.

With a large group (40 to 50), having teams of 2 makes sense as there will be 20 to 25 karts on track. Going with an more likely estimate of 22 people racing, that's just 11 karts on track, and it's a big track.

So we have another option (that does not affect the price), rather than teams of two, we can all race individually, so the day plan would be:

* 15 min practise
* 15 min qualify
* 30 min race

This is the same amount of seat time per driver, only there will be no watching other people race, so the amount of time at the venue will be (appoximately) halved. More importantly, it means there will be more action on the track and people are less likely to be feeling lonely on the circuit.

Please vote accordingly.
voted the new plan, just makes more sense that way to be honest.
tough one. I like driving in teams too because you've got driver changes and you can spectate the race you're in as well (see how everyone's doing in relation to your own team). And after 15 minutes in a kart i'm knackered so i don't mind a driver swap
But yeah, if there's 22 people, then 11 karts on the track might make it feel a bit empty and there'll be less action on the track.

dunno! so I'll vote for #3.
#4 - t1ger
Hi,

I voted for the new plan because with driver changes, no one ever knows where you actually are until you cross the line at the end - and you can't discuss tactics/car feel and corners etc when there is only two in a team as you get out as the other gets in.

I have driven straight for 25 minutes before and I was knackered too, but that is all part of the fun - and we get two 15 minute sessions in between which we can compare notes on racing lines etc.

Tim
I voted the new plan because I likes wheel to wheel action, and honestly at my age there's not going to be any rapid driver changing!

If all goes according to plan i'll spin in practice, slam it on pole in qualifying, and be thoroughly humbled in the race.
#6 - nihil
Doh...

In a hurry and clicked the wrong option... New plan sounds fine to me.
Quote from nihil :In a hurry and clicked the wrong option... New plan sounds fine to me.

Moved your vote over.
Safe to say, the new plan it is then?
Quote from Bob Smith :Safe to say, the new plan it is then?

I think so, however I think a bit of fitness training is needed to survive the first two sessions, let alone the 30 min race.

My arms may not be able to lift a pint afterwards
Quote from Bean0 :We'll just point and laugh at you with your half

I'll just use a straw, you may take the use of my arms

But you will never take.....

......MY PINT !!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG