The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
I think I'll give it another 3 months. That will give me time to have some fun with the Skippy and see how the full release goes. Also, I can use the $10 credit which comes with the 3 month sub with the $2.50 I got fromt he trial to almost cover the cost of the Skippy. Then I'll decide then whether or not to continue.

Although I think the price is high for a game, I don't think it's entirely unreasonable given the costs of creating the game and running the series. The problem for us LFSers is that LFS is such a bargain!
I know alot may have asked already and im sorry for being rude, but if anyone has any promotion codes/invites or whatever and could spare one, i would love to try this sim out.

Thanks.
I'm in for a full year. And I agree, it's not a bargain, but it's a lot of fun and it doesn't hurt me to shell out 13$/month. I mean, I'm paying 10 times as much for the two daily newspapers I've subscribed to.

@aoun: If you're registered at iRacing.com, there's a good chance that you will receive an invitation at the beginning of the next season, which is only 1 1/2 weeks away.
Yes i registered about 30mins ago and realised i get an invite sooner or later.

Also a question, if i get an invite, does that invite me to have the chance to purchase the subscription or what?
Yes, that's right. I'm not sure whether you can buy a long subscription straight off, you may have to get 1 month trial subscription ($20) first and extend it later.
Quote from aoun :Also a question, if i get an invite, does that invite me to have the chance to purchase the subscription or what?

Just follow the instructions given in the mail and it takes you to member site where you can create account after you've pasted the code. You'll have to fill in the details including creditcard info for the first month payment.

I've already extended my subscription and bought some extra content.
Just a word of caution, take it easy at first. I've been racing so hard that side of my thumbs are bright red with some skin tearing off :P
Quote from aoun :Also a question, if i get an invite, does that invite me to have the chance to purchase the subscription or what?

Yes you will be provided with a unique code allowing you to register and shell out fixed $20 for initial 1 month subscription. After that you may either stick with basic content or buy additional cars/tracks. As for subscription - you may prolong for another 1,3,6,12 month periods, the more you pay in advance the more bonus dollars you will get back to redeem on future purchases.
Quote from Linsen :I'm in for a full year. And I agree, it's not a bargain, but it's a lot of fun and it doesn't hurt me to shell out 13$/month. I mean, I'm paying 10 times as much for the two daily newspapers I've subscribed to.

Same for me
Quote from Quint999 :its truly horrible, ive gone back to the rookie solstice for a week at Lime Rock i found it that frustrating

Jefferson suggests to me a dangerous relic long since abandoned

Jefferson Course is a great track once you get it down. If you don't even give it a chance, or give yourself a chance to learn it properly... of course it's going to suck.

Easily possible to get 59's there.
Quote from richard dk :Then it was you I raced two days ago, was not sure about it but I am now..

yep, that was me, but it being my first skippy race I was way off pace (did just 5 laps on Infineon before with it )
You know what would be awesome in kind of bizarre way?
Full grid of these on Jefferson course

Edit: Oh my god, what a race. Just finished 6th on a skippy race with 2500 field strength, slowest guys were lapping high 1.26's and top3 was all in 1.24 range. Also got SR maxed out now
I've still got till like august 8th for mine...I really want to do a full year, even to just get the extra money to spend on the content...I think thats the only way I would get anything extra.

I'm kinda cheap though

with $75 extra with the year subscription I could get the skippy, infineon (god its only 30 minutes from my house...killing me not to have it in game), and the daytona prototype when they finish it.

ugh...I just checked, I thought it was like $130...its $156 $13 a month I guess..just gotta keep thinkin about it like that
After one day in the Solstice I bought the Skip Barber to try it. Liked it very much from lap one and 5 days after, I bought a 1 year subscription to iRacing..

It`s a month since I touched LFS - for the first time in five and a half years...

LFS is still a very good game and I`ll come cack to it later when there are new contents... Ehhh and Gentlemen`s Cup 2008 will still be finished...next race is 30. august..
holyyy shit I'm exhausted

I just had the closest race I've ever had. It was like a 21 lap qualifying session. The furthest I ever fell back from 1st was .87, and the furthest he was ever behind me was .7, and finished .65 behind... It was non stop from lap 1.

I've never raced that hard before on a game...I mean I start out driving that hard, but usually I either slow down a bit to avoid dying, or I crash and die.

I smashed my old PB by .35 too, thats always nice.

It is a seriously difficult track to pass on...the only place I found was into turn 1 and late braked a bit from the inside. I finally had a good enough run. I was .2 off his bumper goin into the last corner, and caught a slight run to pull up a bit next to him. We were so equal in the uphill and the west bend, and the last corner that we pretty much just stayed the same unless one of us made a slight error.

I was faster in turn one, and am pretty sure the rest of our laps were identical. I was braking a bit deeper into turn one, and it helped me gain some time back. I also pushed it a bit harder through the next turn, but he had more exit speed goin towards the uphill most times. Especially if I had to feather the gas to keep from hitting him/sliding out of control

I had 26% tread left on my right front, and the left front was like 220 degrees...I'm glad the race finally ended lol. It was getting a bit difficult towards the end with worn tires.
Quote from spanks :
I had 26% tread left on my right front, and the left front was like 220 degrees...I'm glad the race finally ended lol. It was getting a bit difficult towards the end with worn tires.

How do you check your tires?
Quote from richard dk :After one day in the Solstice I bought the Skip Barber to try it. Liked it very much from lap one and 5 days after, I bought a 1 year subscription to iRacing..

It`s a month since I touched LFS - for the first time in five and a half years...

LFS is still a very good game and I`ll come cack to it later when there are new contents... Ehhh and Gentlemen`s Cup 2008 will still be finished...next race is 30. august..

Same here Richard, whats your name so I can add you?
how is the legends vs solstice gonna work?

is it adv. solstice vs rookie legends with a road race setup?

I pretty easily got down to a 56.7 around jefferson with the default adv. legends setup. From what I hear around here people are having a hard time getting into the 58's/59's with the solstice.
Quote from spanks :(...)

Daniel! You desperately need to work on your SR! You're not gonna advance to Class D if you can't get it above 3.0 by the end of the season. I mean, currently, you're not even allowed to race the Adv. Solstice, and I would imagine that most of us will probably leave the Rookies behind and race at least the adv. if not the skippy in the coming season.

Also, seeing your pace, you'll probably crush the competition in the Rookies next season, as there'll be many new racers coming in...
Wow, that's actually true - you should get to 3.00 or higher fast man, there's only a couple of days left before the promotions are handed out - it's a long wait after that before the next promotions!

It would be a shame to be left behind in the rookie leagues with your pace
I was in that race last night too. It was really close right through the field. I had to push really hard to try and keep up as most of the guys were about half a second quicker than me, which resulted in a couple of mistakes and a few lost places but at least I beat my PB again

Just realised that in order to race in the Autumn Skippy league I will also need to buy 2 tracks (Infineon and VIR) - another $45! Also it's a bit of a shame that I won't be able to race as a Rookie again after Friday but hopefully there will be plenty of Class D drivers by then.
Quote from Nick A :Just realised that in order to race in the Autumn Skippy league I will also need to buy 2 tracks (Infineon and VIR) - another $45! Also it's a bit of a shame that I won't be able to race as a Rookie again after Friday but hopefully there will be plenty of Class D drivers by then.

You can always "race down", Nick. So, as a D license holder you will at least eb able to drive the adv. cars. Currently even the rookie cars are allowed, but that might change later, as they might just have allowed that to make sure that there are large enough Rookie fileds in the beginning.
Ok, I didn't realise they were allowing that at the moment but it does make sense. Hopefully they will allow it for one more season, I'm still at noob pace in the Solstice (and still enjoying it )

According to the rules you can't do it though:

"2.9.2.In all cases – except Rookie Series – drivers may “race down,” participating in series primarily intended for drivers at lower license levels.
2.9.3.Rookie Series are open only to rookie license holders."
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG