The online racing simulator
What is wrong with Windows!?
(16 posts, started )
Well, I know this should probobly be in the technical assistance channel, but It's a weird ass problem I have and I'd like alot of people to read this.
So a while ago I reinstalled windows, but I didn't wipe my slave harddrives (D, E, F and G) Drives D, E and F are fine, but G, there is this one folder there called 'Program Files' and all it's contents are hidden, and I can't for the life of me get the files to show up, I have been into the properties and clicked 'show all files' or something similar, but still to no avail. I know the files are in there, because by mistake I installed a big game (Command and Conquer 3) into the folder, and I can still play the game via my Start Menu, but cannot access the game files, as this Program Files folder will not show it's contents. I have also done windows search and found files with in this Program Files folder, so I know windows can 'READ' the folder, but why won't it show it's contents?

Hope someone is kind enough to help
1) Which Windows? 3.1 maybe?

2) Do you get an "access denied" error message?
#3 - amp88
Just to confirm, you've enabled showing hidden files?

Have you tried browsing for the location in a different explorer (e.g. NERO Burning ROM)?
Quote from hyntty :1) Which Windows? 3.1 maybe?

2) Do you get an "access denied" error message?

#1 Windows XP Home Professional, Service Pack 2. #2 No, it just shows the folder as-if nothing is in it.
Quote from amp88 :Just to confirm, you've enabled showing hidden files?

Have you tried browsing for the location in a different explorer (e.g. NERO Burning ROM)?

1. Yes. 2. No
I have it the same problem , you have a virus/trojan/spyware

Is locate in you C: drive and is hidden , Try using Nod32 and Advanced windows Care V2

I dont remenber now he name of the virus. but the virus do is automaticaly auto hidden your files and dont let you change to "Show hidden Folders"

Also wass a program ( dont remeber the name ) to force windos to show your hidden folders
The programs were installed as a previous user, if you need them then use a Linux boot disc to get access, otherwise just delete it, it's part of windoze security, you don't have access as they were installed by a previous admin.
You should have entitled the thread "What is right with Windows!?". The list would have been much smaller.
Just use total commander for instance. It has it's own show hidden files function and will show you the files for sure.
Quote from BlueFlame :Hope someone is kind enough to help

Use OSX

Ok, time for all the anti-mac ppl to come out and comment on my comment, as if I'm being serious, even though I'm only having a laugh :P
Quote from Michael Denham :Use OSX

Ok, time for all the anti-mac ppl to come out and comment on my comment, as if I'm being serious, even though I'm only having a laugh :P

Im not gainst Macs, but I dont think youll be able to use MAC OSX on a Personal Computer (AFAIK they're desinged to work with windows)
Correct me if im wrong
If you have Windows XP Professional right click the Program Files folder and then go click on "Sharing and Security", then make sure your user account has full access to the folder in the a...If you have XP Home you are going to need and boot into safe mode (reboot your computer and bash F8 right before the windows loading screen) and then right click the folder and make sure you have access to it...

here's some better instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

I can't really tell if that will help due to the fact that the way you explained the problem isn't that great...but it sounds like that should fix the problem...

Quote from Michael Denham :Use OSX

Most mac users are sheep

http://www.pcworld.com/article ... enminded_selfassured.html
Quote from Stefani24 :Im not gainst Macs, but I dont think youll be able to use MAC OSX on a Personal Computer (AFAIK they're desinged to work with windows)
Correct me if im wrong

I think it's POSSIBLE to use OSX on a PC designed to run windows, but I was just being silly really... I know it wasn't a very practical suggestion for those without macs :P

Quote from Homeless_Drunk :Most mac users are sheep

Baaaaaaaaaa!!!!! :shaun:
Provided you can trick OSX enough to think your hardware is a Mac then you can install OSX on a PC. Google for stuff like OSX on Dell Latitude.

Whether it's legal or not is another matter entirely (Psystar)...
I assume games designed for pcs wont run on pcs with installed osx?
What is wrong with Windows!? dosent this awenser its own question??? i mean its WINDOWS everything is wrong with it so in essents windows is whats wrong with windows

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG