The online racing simulator
Big windows issue (DOS)
(3 posts, started )
Big windows issue (DOS)
I think I've got a huge problem here. A while ago, I had a virus. I was able to remove it (by removing it from the boot, the place it was located, and blocked everything about it). When I had the virus, I wasn't able to use ctrl + alt + del. But now that works and all, I was happy. But now I find out I can't use DOS anymore (not very annoying for me, cause I barely use it, but I don't feel comfortable with it). When I go through "start", "don't know what it's called in english", type in cmd, the window I should have opens, but all I see is a flat blinking stripe, like there should be in DOS to type, but it won't react to anything, and after a while I get an error:

16-bits MS-DOS-subsystem

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.com
The NTVDM-CPU has found a wrong instruction.
CS:ea00 IP:6034 OP:ff fb eb bf 00 Choose close to end program

Now this is just translated a bit freely because I don't know the exact words windows would show, but I geuss the more important error is in there. When I click "ignore" it just keeps giving me the same error over and over, untill I click "close". Anyone can help me with this? It's pretty technical I think, and not very good, but I hope someone can help me. I just hope I don't need to reformat for this, but as far as I know it doesn't give me any trouble.

BTW, I'm using windows XP SP2
I didn't think this was technical assistance, because it isn't LFS related, that's why I put it in off topic, please move if necessary.
Thank you android, sorry I didn't think of looking it up on google, but when I got rid of the virus in the first place, I was so happy I didn't care about the cmd, and after I tried to use it again today, I wondered I could just ask it here, why I should have searched for it on google! I can start cmd again now, was pretty simple, the second link helped, just deleting the .com files was all I had to do. Big thanks! resent: Have a gift

*edit*
Wanted to extra thank you for not going sarcastic and googly on me, and actually help me with giving me things you looked up yourself, it's a thing I admire in you.

Big windows issue (DOS)
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG