The online racing simulator
[TC] CityDriving Sydney
(16 posts, started )
#1 - Zyrez
[TC] CityDriving Sydney
May we present to you...

[TC] CityDriving Sydney

Good day everyone

Welcome to TC's second birthday - 17th of july 2008.

We promised you all a surprise and here it it. Months of work and preparing.
It have cost blood, sweat and tears. But finally we can present our newest server to you.

We hope you will enjoy it.

Happy birthday TC.

Track:
The track is South City Long. A nice narrow city street with shops and roadsigns flashing by as you go along.
The track is 4 kilometers long and a lap at speedlimits takes just around 3 minuts.

Map:

Cars:
The cars will be the best the roadcars can give to you. From UF1 to FZ5.
Unfortunately down these narrow streets, something so fast as a XFR will be too dangerous.

Pit:
The pitlane is like on montana one way.
Exit in right side, entry in left side.

Speedlimits and roadnames:
The speedlimits will be from 45mph/70kmh til 75mph/120kmh.
Ofcourse 45mph/70kmh on small city roads and 75mph/120kmh on the highways.
Anywhere inbetween there will be a speedlimit of 55mph/90kmh.

For Sydney we have a new range of roadnames.
Going from pits right way round they are as following:

Highway One - 75mph/120kmh
Foster street - 55mph/90kmh
Medora Bend - 45mph/70kmh
Bridge Freeway - 75mph/120kmh
Acme Street - 55mph/90kmh
Highstreet - 45mph/70kmh
Castle Hill - 55mph/90kmh
Hillcrest Avenue - 45mph/70kmh
Station Boulevard - 45mph/70kmh

Layout:
The layout have been carefully created and designed to look as much as possible like a real city. All junctions are focused on roadsafety and with the goal in mind that it should be brilliant for policechases. The original raceline is gone and we have created a all new drivingline through the city. Which we hope will keep the server and layout exiting and interesting allways to drive on.

Distance reward:

To come with Sydney we have added a distancereward to the insim. This will reward you certain amounts depending on how far you drive. This is what the new tripmeter (!trip) is used for, it displays your distance from pits.

Below are the bonus details for Sydney. Please note the distance only counts from the pitlane, or from connection; if you shift+p the tripmeter resets and you have to start over to gain a distance bonus. (You can perform drive-in pits).

Sydney

BONUSSES=12
BONUS1=10km;150euros
BONUS2=20km;200euros
BONUS3=30km;250euros
BONUS4=40km;300euros
BONUS5=50km;350euros
BONUS6=75km;350euros
BONUS7=100km;400euros
BONUS8=150km;400euros
BONUS9=200km;450euros
BONUS10=250km;500euros
BONUS11=300km;500euros
BONUS12=350km;500euros

Road Texture:

As our new server Sydney is gonna right hand drive and South City is left hand drive, we needed a new roadtexture with correct chalklines.

So here it is. I strongly advise you to download this roadtexture as it gives the best impression of the layout and server.

It can be downloaded here:

City-Driving: 'www.city-driving.co.uk' click on 'downloads' and download the texture pack.
MegaUpload: http://www.megaupload.com/dk/?d=AV75M5DE

To Install the New Textures: Go to LFS>Data>.dds folder, and place the downloaded .dds files into here (backup the original .dds files with the same name which are found in the .dds folder).

How to get on Sydney:

1) Open serverlist, sort by names and find sydney next to montana.
2) Seach for specific server: [TC] CityDriving Sydney

That was it. Hope you will enjoy

- The whole team of TC
As I've said in your forum, this really really really really really should have been LHD. The track is even based in London (even Brad agrees!!). Its a nice layout but there's arrows pointing the incorrect way on the road surface and blue arrows pointing the wrong way at junctions.

Good effort, but please make a LHD server. With insim and more admins it will not be confusing at all, and that would make us UK racers feel more at home, rather than being forced to drive on the wrong side

I know you've made textures but surely people shouldn't have to start replacing textures so that they can get the best out of the server?
#3 - G!NhO
good server
Why is it drive on the right and Sydney when its clearly a UK City and we drive on the left.
#5 - Dmt
I really miss old times.
Maybe you could open Autocross again please?
#6 - Zyrez
Quote from mcintyrej :Why is it drive on the right and Sydney when its clearly a UK City and we drive on the left.

Because we wanted to do a SO server, and we liked the name sydney. Jamaica is in real life left hand drive too, but its pretty much just a name. We could have named it london, but that wasnt very original

But we allready had several lhd servers, and as the majority or the users are from rhd countries, it was a big flop. We would like to do a lhd server, but the times we tried, it failed.

I know you would like it Nick, but it is pretty much as brad explained to you in the topic on our forum.

DMT: So do i. I would more than anything like to have USA back, but no one is using it. We still have it, and can open it if people show intrest, but the truth is that it has been dead since we opened kyoto
Quote from mcintyrej :Why is it drive on the right and Sydney when its clearly a UK City and we drive on the left.

Even Australia drives on the left
yeah guys, research for less fail?
#9 - G!NhO
what the hell does it matter!!! its a good server ok!
I'd be more than happy to try it out, but my unban request was capoot.
Its just a name. We know sydney is lhd, so is jamaica. We could have called it tinkywinkyland. Its just a name
why not pick London.....epic fail on 2 counts but it is a good server
Quote from Zyrez :Its just a name. We know sydney is lhd, so is jamaica. We could have called it tinkywinkyland. Its just a name

Sometimes names stand for more than just being a name.

Take Niko for example - people constantly bash and insult him because of his username, after all - its just a username.
I love the road textures, but the dotted lines don't match well in some places. Also, could you update one more texture please? I took a screenshot of it below.
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
O yes, ill let Donna know
Oops. What a tool i am. I have actually made the texture for that... just forgot to put it in the zip folder.

I will get it uploaded as fast as possible

[TC] CityDriving Sydney
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG