The online racing simulator
Need help on mouse drifting
(22 posts, started )
SOOO I've been racing FBMs for awhile now and decided to switch to mouse. Now I can race the FBM but now I can't drift for **** in the XRG. Any tips?

*Dons flame suit*
Drifting in xrg isnt really a good idea, way too difficult
buy s2, and drifft with teh xrt.
#3 - G!NhO
Buy a wheel
S2 has drift support, in the form of TBO and GTR cars
Hmm. Seems I'm not getting any help here. Oh well
fting requires more feel than that of racing in order to hold tghe car at its point of slide/power. Also, when driving without pedals you only have full/none acceleration-therefore you cannot alter the power and hold a drift. sry, but drifting with a mouse 9properly) just doesnt happen.
Mouse exellence pedals. And drif for mouse possible very good.
I don't understand why someone possible want to drift with a mouse (or even just racing)
Drifting is all about feel, controlling your slide with the throttle. Having a wheel in your hands feels so damn good. I can't feel any form of connection to the car when using a mouse. What's fun about that? See it the other way around, why would I drive a real car with a mouse for gods sake... it would feel like ice and is freaking scary dude. Please tell me why??

Don't say it's about the money... grrr
#9 - G!NhO
Quote from BruTaLysT :I don't understand why someone possible want to drift with a mouse (or even just racing)
Drifting is all about feel, controlling your slide with the throttle. Having a wheel in your hands feels so damn good. I can't feel any form of connection to the car when using a mouse. What's fun about that? See it the other way around, why would I drive a real car with a mouse for gods sake... it would feel like ice and is freaking scary dude. Please tell me why??

Don't say it's about the money... grrr

je heelt de woorden uit de mond

I agree, Kb and mouse suck with race games
I drift with mouse when I don't have the time to set my G25 up and it's going great!

Set the mouse pointer so you can see it en keep it near the steering wheel (inside car ofcourse).

Z= gas
S= brake
Q= clutch
D= handbrake
Left mouse button = gear up
Right mouse button = gear down

Try this, just practice and you can drift like hell, like I do with mouse.

If you have any question, just ask me (maybe private message?)
Install X patch?
Quote from Dodge_22 :I drift with mouse when I don't have the time to set my G25 up and it's going great!

Set the mouse pointer so you can see it en keep it near the steering wheel (inside car ofcourse).

Z= gas
S= brake
Q= clutch
D= handbrake
Left mouse button = gear up
Right mouse button = gear down

Try this, just practice and you can drift like hell, like I do with mouse.

If you have any question, just ask me (maybe private message?)

impossible if i want to counter steer with mouse the whole car turn to that side
Quote from G!NhO :impossible if i want to counter steer with mouse the whole car turn to that side

???

Because you counter steer to much? That's why you have to see the mouse pointer, easier en hold it on the top of the steering wheel.

If you guys don't believe me, I can post a movie of it, inside the car.
Quote from Dodge_22 :???

Because you counter steer to much? That's why you have to see the mouse pointer, easier en hold it on the top of the steering wheel.

If you guys don't believe me, I can post a movie of it, inside the car.

ok show us a movie, but imo its really hard to drift with mouse
Quote from G!NhO :ok show us a movie, but imo its really hard to drift with mouse

Not really, you can give full opposite lock with a mouse in a split fraction of the time it takes with a 900 degree wheel, or a keyboard. Mouse is probably the easiest, apart from a game pad, which are ridiculously easy. I can drift with a PS3 pad. Not that I ever would
Been drifting with mouse for 6 years...not that hard...

-JDMF Eclipse
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Not really, you can give full opposite lock with a mouse in a split fraction of the time it takes with a 900 degree wheel, or a keyboard. Mouse is probably the easiest, apart from a game pad, which are ridiculously easy. I can drift with a PS3 pad. Not that I ever would

with my 200 degrees wheel i can drift good
with my PS3 controller i can also drift good
but with mouse its just too sensitive, i am all over the place
Quote from G!NhO :but with mouse its just too sensitive, i am all over the place

Lower the sensitivity?

It should technically be far easier than a PS3 pad, as it's much less sensitive than the fiddly sticks. But I don't know, I haven't even attempted to drift in yonks, not since I got my G25 anwyay
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Lower the sensitivity?

It should technically be far easier than a PS3 pad, as it's much less sensitive than the fiddly sticks. But I don't know, I haven't even attempted to drift in yonks, not since I got my G25 anwyay

ps3 controller is far easier than mouse, you know when you steer straight because you can just put joystick in the middle. with mouse there isnt a center point, so its very hard to drive with mouse for me
4 years here... always the same
w Gas
s Brake
a Look Left
D Look Right
q Handbrake
left mouse button Gear up
right mouse button Gear Down
Middle mouse button Clutch
Quote from G!NhO :ps3 controller is far easier than mouse, you know when you steer straight because you can just put joystick in the middle. with mouse there isnt a center point, so its very hard to drive with mouse for me

If you see the mouse pointer, the steer is straight when the mouse pointer is in center of the screen, that's why I said that you have to see the mouse pointer and keep it on top of the steering wheel.

Without seeing the mouse pointer it is impossible to steer.

Put the mouse pointer where the red dot is, then you can easily control the steering wheel. You need to practise because you have to do it by yourself, there is no help like with the keyboard, especially with drifting.

With mouse you can control the drift like you shoud do with a G25. The only thing is, there is no force feedback.
Quote from egghed6 :sry, but drifting with a mouse 9properly) just doesnt happen.

you see, thats were you're wrong..
i drift with mouse and i see myself as 'over beginners' when it comes to skills and i have seen many great drifters using mouse.

and you can controll the drift with full/none acceleration too, its just the timing...

and for the thread starter:
its all about the countersteering and the power..with the xrg i use knobblys to drift with, basicly because that gives about the same traction, the same 'drift lenght', as xrt with normals..

try to feel the car and time the mouse clicking to keep the drift going..

feel free to ask more here if you dont understand my post, because i have to go

and egghed6; read over your posts to correct typing errors, before posting them xD

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG