The online racing simulator
Goodwood festival of Speed 2008
(26 posts, started )
Goodwood festival of speed Is shortly coming up is anyone going?

Iv gotta say last year was worth taking a day out of school for It was Brilliant.. I Would reccomend this to anyone! Watch the video on the site!

Thousands of cars....Every car you can think of, Literally!

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/festivalofspeed/

Tickets still available on site

I recommend Going on the friday as its less packed and you can get a front row seat for the cars to come past.. but less stars on that day ...!
30 miles from Brighton

Might be going Live in Worthing

Ticket prices are quite high :/ Is it worth going ?
Buddy of mine went out to the UK for school and he's going. I loathe all of you who are going. I wish I could go, too.

I also want to go to the revival. An excuse to wear a pinstriped suit!
Im planning on going with the missus and 3 relatives, but it all depends on what we do for accomodation, as were planning to stop the entire weekend. Either way, it seems like a fun thing to go to
Quote from MAGGOT :
I also want to go to the revival. An excuse to wear a pinstriped suit!

Like you ever need an excuse.
#6 - 5haz
I might be there, I might even be collecting for Richard Burns foundation (as im 16 now im allowed to ).
I'm going, I skipped it last year because I didn't really enjoy it in 2006, but this year it should be better.
Quote from DevilDare :30 miles from Brighton

Might be going Live in Worthing

Ticket prices are quite high :/ Is it worth going ?

Mate definatly worth going, Dont know how much it is because my dad gets them off of some guy from COYS For free
Don't waste time watching the hill though - you can't see much, and most cars are barely trickling up the hill... Much better to spent time in the paddock.

You tend to find it's only shit cars like Veyrons that attract crowds, which leaves cars more worthy of admiration less crowded for your delection. Unless, of course, you are one of the morons that think a Veyron is a semi-decent car.

I've been three or four times now, and unless there is a big change to the format of the day I won't bother going again. The best thing was the Renault F1 playing tunes barely 6 feet from my ears

The Goodwood Revival is DEFINITELY worth going to though. Fancy seeing about £25,000,000 worth of privately owned, unique cars on one grid being raced hell-for-leather like they were deisnged to do? And round the paddock you'll see some amazing creations, whether it be 1960s F1 cars (still FAR quicker than ANYTHING you'll drive on the road today), 1990s LeMan prototypes, or late 80s BTCC cars when they were actually exciting...

The FOS is nowhere near as good as the Revival.
Quote from tristancliffe :Don't waste time watching the hill though - you can't see much, and most cars are barely trickling up the hill... Much better to spent time in the paddock.

Yeah wondering round the paddock is much better than the hill, don't waste money on grandstand seats and if you want to see some action the rally stage is the best bit or if you look at which cars are doing timed runs up the hill then go and watch them near the top of the hill (after the wall) on the opposite side to the rally stage, it is a bit of a trek to get there but it is uncrowded and you can get much closer to the cars.

Quote :
The Goodwood Revival is DEFINITELY worth going to though. Fancy seeing about £25,000,000 worth of privately owned, unique cars on one grid being raced hell-for-leather like they were deisnged to do? And round the paddock you'll see some amazing creations, whether it be 1960s F1 cars (still FAR quicker than ANYTHING you'll drive on the road today), 1990s LeMan prototypes, or late 80s BTCC cars when they were actually exciting...

The revival meetings I've been to have all been pre-1966

The revival is better than the FoS, though both are very good and worth doing if you haven't been to them before, and just like the FoS don't bother getting grandstand seats for the revival.
I'm sure some of the static displays included slightly more contemporary machines as well (albeit limited in numbers). Either that, or I'm going mad. I do have a cold (day off sick ), which might explain my madness...
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm sure some of the static displays included slightly more contemporary machines as well (albeit limited in numbers). Either that, or I'm going mad. I do have a cold (day off sick ), which might explain my madness...

I think you're going mad, Goodwood is strictly 1966, all the post-66 transporters are made to park away from the main paddock
Post 66? The Revival site has a picture of a 69 Lotus 49B on track (or in the video, I forget) and I know it was the revival site because I didn't even look at the FOS site. Although, I do recall reading somewhere on the site that they allowed winged cars with drivers looking for a more leisurely pace...

How open is the Revival to the general public? By which, I mean how free are you to walk around the track to different corners and the like?
Quote from MAGGOT :Post 66? The Revival site has a picture of a 69 Lotus 49B on track (or in the video, I forget) and I know it was the revival site because I didn't even look at the FOS site. Although, I do recall reading somewhere on the site that they allowed winged cars with drivers looking for a more leisurely pace...

They do have tributes to a particular driver each year (presumably that was Hill's) in which they have later cars, so I guess that is what Tristan was thinking about. Everything else though is pre-66, because Goodwood closed for racing in this year and has been kept as a time warp, all the service vehicles and team transporters allowed into the main paddock have to be pre-66.

Quote :
How open is the Revival to the general public? By which, I mean how free are you to walk around the track to different corners and the like?

You can walk around the whole outfield of the track, there is good standing spectating everywhere except the chicane, AFAIK all the grandstands can be booked by the general public, you'll need to book a long time in advance and TBH you'll soon find that unless it tips it down with rain you'll rather spend time wondering around the rest of the track and paddocks than sit in a grandstand. Being an active airfield track (there are historic planes flying in and out on the day) there's very little infield spectating, IIRC the infield bank between Lavant and the Esses is for members of the GRRC only.
Good news to hear. I won't bother getting a grandstand ticket when I eventually do get out to the Revival, then. I was just worried about how open it would be; I knew the grandstands had their own tix and that there was a GRRC members-only section but nothing much was said about the accessability of the rest of the circuit to the public.
-
(Jordan2007) DELETED by Jordan2007
Yeh Paddock is much better, But u can walk round the track, was at the start last year, Saw all the f1 cars, Rally cars and World Superbikes, i just didnt bother with the f1 Just to loud and they was WheelSpinning it everywhere..

BTW IF ANYONE DOESNT KNOW The theme this year is.... "Hawthorn to Hamilton Britains Love Affair with World Motor Sport.
Goodwood was fantastic.. could not explain how good it was, not that many famous people.. jst saw andy Rouse De La Rosa and Cleland.

even saw Cleland Crash his Vauxhall... Front of it was a total Right off

Definatly going next year!
Loved it, I made sure I didn't take pictures all the time, and tried to soak up the atmosphere. We saw the first run of the cars from the grandstand just after the bridge, and the second runs from the grandstand near the starting line.

The highlight of the day was seeing Dougie Lampkin riding around with his cronies like some rebel trials bike gang that were not even invited. They just rode up and over the bridge, up into the grandstands, rode about doing wheelies all the time, and at one point the nutcase Lampkin was riding on the roof of the main house!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDi13GuaBQ8

I will post some videos and pictures up when I get them onto my computer. I got sunburnt again too, I was expecting rain, but I got a roasted face instead.

Cleland crashing that car was another highlight, it was almost like he did it on purpose to spice everything up. I saw a few guys come really close to binning it on the exit of turn one, one guy in a Ferrari put half a wheel onto the grass, looked like he shat himself!
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Loved it, I made sure I didn't take pictures all the time, and tried to soak up the atmosphere. We saw the first run of the cars from the grandstand just after the bridge, and the second runs from the grandstand near the starting line.

The highlight of the day was seeing Dougie Lampkin riding around with his cronies like some rebel trials bike gang that were not even invited. They just rode up and over the bridge, up into the grandstands, rode about doing wheelies all the time, and at one point the nutcase Lampkin was riding on the roof of the main house!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDi13GuaBQ8

I will post some videos and pictures up when I get them onto my computer. I got sunburnt again too, I was expecting rain, but I got a roasted face instead.

Cleland crashing that car was another highlight, it was almost like he did it on purpose to spice everything up. I saw a few guys come really close to binning it on the exit of turn one, one guy in a Ferrari put half a wheel onto the grass, looked like he shat himself!

That video is just awesome.
#20 - 5haz
Was there on the Sunday gate collecting for charity (as i said earlier, its also one of the most depressingly boring ways to waste 2 hours of your life, well atleast its for a good cause ).

I was really impressed by that monster turbo Porsche 917/30, I got the chance to see it go past the house, spinning wheels, it took off like a rocket! I'd only ever seen one in books before.

Lew1s was there too obviously, while being interviewed he said that he was "hard to overtake", a bit arrogant if you ask me!
Was there on Sunday too, very good day out. Weather was nice got a slight bit sunburnt. Never been before so didn't know what to expect but I'd definately go again. So much to see/do for the entire day. Money well spent.
Good video, thanks for posting that, I missed the coverage when it was on TV.
brilliant video i missed it too lol so ty for upload
Nice video. Watched half of it for now gunna finish it soon .

Looked like fun I wish they had those here.

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG